D2 R7 Olentangy @ Troy

troyboy73

Will be at Minster for the Minster./Anna game. But rooting for Troy also. Have seen a lot of Troy playoff games over the years. Troy/Westerville North, Troy/Moeller, Troy/Toledo Whitmer, Troy/Springfield North, Troy/Piqua, Troy/ToledoSt. Francis, Troy/Springfield South, Troy/Lima Sr, Troy/Worthington Kilbourne, Troy/Miamisburg, Troy/Upper Arlington, Troy/Westerville South, Troy/Pickerington Central, Troy/Upper Arlington, Troy/Miamisburg, Troy/Anderson, Troy/Harrison, Troy/Anderson, Troy/Miaqmisburg

TroyTrojan05

Hard to pick this game because I know nothing about Olentangy. I’d imagine if Troy player their schedule they’d have a similar record.

GMVC4life

Rain and snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Field conditions could be interesting on Friday. Troy is one of the only stadiums in the Dayton area that still has a grass surface.

Harrycrane

Not good for Olentangy if field is a mess . Their passing game and schemes are a challenge for most . Ask Winton Woods last year. If it's a slipin slide field? Advantage Troy . Tangy on a turf clean track is my pick but ? We'll see . Even if slop does Troy have good cover guys to deal with 6-6, 6-5 and 6-2?

KramericaIndustries

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Troy beating New Albany or Westerville South. Is there a crack problem in Troy?

Troy would DEFINITELY lose every game Olentangy lost, many of them with a running clock.

They would DEFINITELY also lose games against South (#70 rank by Drew50) and New Albany (#89), as the best team they have beaten all year is ranked Piqua at #267 and the lost their only 2 other games against anyone ranked better than that.

Olentangy played 7 teams ranked in the top 100. Troy played 1 (and lost 62-13). Troy MIGHT have a 3-7 record playing Olentangy's schedule, if they were extremely lucky and got the homer refs I've seen in some games this year.

You will see what a different strength of schedule makes on Friday.

Olentangy brings 3 fast, athletic receivers who are 6'3 or taller. If Troy has the secondary to cover them, they might have a chance of competing and keeping the score close. if they don't, it's lights out.

KramericaIndustries

As I said, if Troy played Olentangy's schedule, they MIGHT be 3-7. Any questions?

I will have some more things to say about this game after I dig up all the quotes from Troy homers the past 2 seasons. Hope you enjoyed having a running clock put on you at home in the playoffs. As I've said on this site over and over again, when your schedule is garbage, your winning record means NOTHING.

kwdtn89

I went to the first half of this game. My take is that Troy has too many kids playing both sides of the ball. I was surprised to see that considering they are D2. Those big boys on the line were gassed in the second quarter. There was also so many missed tackles by Troy's defense also. That little running back for Olentangy is shifty and quick. One play he just lowered his head and ran under the defense...that was impressive.

Congrats to Troy on a great season. And good luck to Olentangy next week.

yakyak

As I said, if Troy played Olentangy's schedule, they MIGHT be 3-7. Any questions?

I will have some more things to say about this game after I dig up all the quotes from Troy homers the past 2 seasons. Hope you enjoyed having a running clock put on you at home in the playoffs. As I've said on this site over and over again, when your schedule is garbage, your winning record means NOTHING.
Around these parts people like you are called douche bags. Congrats.