WrestlingFan223

1. Ruben Pina-Lorenzana #5
2. Zach Bellissimo #6
3. Dylan Rhoads #12
4. Ty Stricko #13
5. Jason Cracker #14
6. Joey Jaraface #15
7. Javan Yarborough #16

Seems to be one of the deepest districts in the state across all divisions, but Lorenzana has been impressing me all year and I’m going to take him to bring home the state title this year!

Div II Breakdown by Districts (Bucksman’s)
Total wrestlers in top 10 ...
Nor - 42
Perry - 35
Wilm - 34
Gallia - 29
Wrestlers in top 3 ...
Nor - 11
Perry - 9
Wilm - 14 (7 Graham)
Gallia - 8
Brackets w/ 5 wrestlers in top 10 ...
Norwalk 113, 120 & 195.
Brackets w/ 4 wrestlers in top 10 ...
Norwalk 106 & 160.
Perry 120 & 182.
Wilm 106 & 220.
Gallia 145, 170 & 285.
Brackets w/ 0 wrestlers in top 10 ...
Wilm 113.
Gallia 106, 120 & 182.

1. Ruben Pina-Lorenzana #5
2. Zach Bellissimo #6
3. Dylan Rhoads #12
4. Ty Stricko #13
5. Jason Cracker #14
6. Joey Jaraface #15
7. Javan Yarborough #16

Seems to be one of the deepest districts in the state across all divisions, but Lorenzana has been impressing me all year and I’m going to take him to bring home the state title this year!
Meh....in my mind, no one in this group is a legit challenger to Jordan or Cuerbo. They will all get majored, teched or pinned by Jordan and Cuerbo. Not trying to burst anyone’s bubble—just my humble opinion.

Norwalk is REALLY stacked too. D2 is loaded this year at 106.
No...Sorry I must be in a bad mood today but as the State tournament nears I can’t help but be a dose of reality. ?
Be real—this group is D2 106. By definition, it is not loaded. You have two guys. Yarbrough will be legit third guy when he is big enough. You want to look at a loaded group—the closest thing in D2 is maybe 132 where the number 6 guy is a D1 college recruit committed to the #15 ranked dual team in the country. D2 106 is not loaded. It never is. Sorry for the bluntness of the reply....

Let's make it real simple.
Beric Jordan is CLEARLY a national kid.
Codie Cuerbo is possibly a national kid - he has been productive in national level events (Fargo AA, good results at PSN, et al) though I did not see him ranked nationally by Track.
No one else in that weight class (D2 106) is close to nationally ranked.

What exists is a lot of congestion behind those two kids, especially in the two northern district tournaments (Perry and Alliance).

No...Sorry I must be in a bad mood today but as the State tournament nears I can’t help but be a dose of reality. ?
Be real—this group is D2 106. By definition, it is not loaded. You have two guys. Yarbrough will be legit third guy when he is big enough. You want to look at a loaded group—the closest thing in D2 is maybe 132 where the number 6 guy is a D1 college recruit committed to the #15 ranked dual team in the country. D2 106 is not loaded. It never is. Sorry for the bluntness of the reply....
I stand by my comments. Relative to normal years, and relative to DI, I think D2 106 is very deep this year. By your definition, no 106ers are “national kids”. I am not throwing any kid under the bus, but hypothetically - how do you think the tournament would turn out if D1 and D2 were in the same bracket?

By the way, a LOT of kids who wind up being “national kids” start out at 106.

I stand by my comments. Relative to normal years, and relative to DI, I think D2 106 is very deep this year. By your definition, no 106ers are “national kids”. I am not throwing any kid under the bus, but hypothetically - how do you think the tournament would turn out if D1 and D2 were in the same bracket?

Read my comments. And read YOUR comments. Huckleberry. I didn’t say anything about being nationally ranked, did I? Now let’s read YOUR comments—you didnt say “deep”...you said “LOADED.” And when you say 106 is “LOADED”—it made me laugh a little. 106 is always always thin compared to the other classes. Your definition of “loaded” is probably closer to what I call “parity.” “Loaded” to me means chock full of studs and some studs might not make the podium. Not the case here—just two studs. And I’m not trying to be a hater—I just think every year the hyperbole comes out at State time and you hear how “loaded” all the weight classes are. D2 106 aint loaded with studs.
As far as your comments that a lot of studs start out at 106–I agree. But i followed the youth/JH scene pretty closely over the years and what I see is two studs in that class. Yarbrough someday will be a third one. And I stand by that.

If D1 and D2 were in the same bracket Perry would be lucky to have a placer

From a D1 side of things, D'Alessandro and Jax Joy are in the "national-ish" category. Either ranked or just outside a "20" nationally. Bennett and McBurney are in the tier behind that. However, when you look at the gap b/n 3-4 and 1-2 in D1, it is much smaller than that gap in D2.

You’re right, DoubleB - I implied or mis-attributed what bucksman said to you. My bad.

If they put the Norwalk kids at Darby, they might sweep 1-4.

I follow the JH scene pretty closely too, especially the lightweights. I have seen most of these kids in person at national events - and there are a lot of dudes in here with horsepower. I am certainly not saying they’re all the next David Taylor...and being a top 20 kid nationally is a pretty high standard.

I guess we all have different definitions of “loaded” or “stacked” or “deep”.

Javann when he fills out the weight class will be a national type kid. One of the best Ohio pound for pound JH wrestlers I’ve seen the last few years.

Read my comments. And read YOUR comments. Huckleberry. I didn’t say anything about being nationally ranked, did I? Now let’s read YOUR comments—you didnt say “deep”...you said “LOADED.” And when you say 106 is “LOADED”—it made me laugh a little. 106 is always always thin compared to the other classes. Your definition of “loaded” is probably closer to what I call “parity.” “Loaded” to me means chock full of studs and some studs might not make the podium. Not the case here—just two studs. And I’m not trying to be a hater—I just think every year the hyperbole comes out at State time and you hear how “loaded” all the weight classes are. D2 106 aint loaded with studs.
As far as your comments that a lot of studs start out at 106–I agree. But i followed the youth/JH scene pretty closely over the years and what I see is two studs in that class. Yarbrough someday will be a third one. And I stand by that.
Personally I don’t think it is fair to say 106 is thinner than most weights I believe people assume it is because you see younger talent and if you look at some of the best wrestlers I would almost guarantee 1/4 of them wrestled 106 at one point in there high-school career honestly I think 106 is a lot harder than 170 through heavyweight especially this year they might be younger but it is higher level wrestling compared to the upper weights and usually smaller guys wrestle all year round and that’s all they do compared to most heavier dudes who play football and wrestle and at smaller weights kids are more athletic quicker and there is a lot more technique involved 170, 195, 220, And Heavyweight also only have 2 legit kids at each weight that is mostly a Senior weight class also I think heavyweight is a joke this year neves is easily winning.

Personally I don’t think it is fair to say 106 is thinner than most weights I believe people assume it is because you see younger talent and if you look at some of the best wrestlers I would almost guarantee 1/4 of them wrestled 106 at one point in there high-school career honestly I think 106 is a lot harder than 170 through heavyweight especially this year they might be younger but it is higher level wrestling compared to the upper weights and usually smaller guys wrestle all year round and that’s all they do compared to most heavier dudes who play football and wrestle and at smaller weights kids are more athletic quicker and there is a lot more technique involved 170, 195, 220, And Heavyweight also only have 2 legit kids at each weight that is mostly a Senior weight class also I think heavyweight is a joke this year neves is easily winning.
I agree the upper weights are often thin too. Fact of the matter is if you are between 126 and say 152---it is a very different game.

I agree the upper weights are often thin too. Fact of the matter is if you are between 126 and say 152---it is a very different game.
Depends... this year I think 106 is harder than 126 in overall depth but I think 26 is extremely weak because of dodging 145 and 152 are not nearly as good as I thought it would be and are not that tough this year and depth lacks 120 the top ten wrestlers are overall solid wrestlers the hardest weight in d2 by far is 132 not sure how Brett minnick is number one kind of a head scratcher if u ask me I think it should be hart after beating the number 1 and 2 kid in the state. 195 the top 4 guys are legit 82 I’m interested to see neves vs Mayes should be a good one I think neves upsets him at 82 there are 5 legit kids I think the overall weakest weight is 220 not sure how it is the deepest weight according to Borofan there is only one legit wrestler in that weight. I think anyone could make the finals. And I think the easiest weight to win this year is heavyweight.

Depends... this year I think 106 is harder than 126 in overall depth but I think 26 is extremely weak because of dodging 145 and 152 are not nearly as good as I thought it would be and are not that tough this year and depth lacks 120 the top ten wrestlers are overall solid wrestlers the hardest weight in d2 by far is 132 not sure how Brett minnick is number one kind of a head scratcher if u ask me I think it should be hart after beating the number 1 and 2 kid in the state. 195 the top 4 guys are legit 82 I’m interested to see neves vs Mayes should be a good one I think neves upsets him at 82 there are 5 legit kids I think the overall weakest weight is 220 not sure how it is the deepest weight according to Borofan there is only one legit wrestler in that weight. I think anyone could make the finals. And I think the easiest weight to win this year is heavyweight.
Yah i agree with hart being number 1 at 32 but something that stands out to me is pito and kyren are both top 5 guys whys kyren 6th??and kaden king at 11th??? he should be top 10 atleast and i see him making it farther than the number 10 and number 9th guy. Hes a legit 32 pounder.

Yah i agree with hart being number 1 at 32 but something that stands out to me is pito and kyren are both top 5 guys whys kyren 6th??and kaden king at 11th??? he should be top 10 atleast and i see him making it farther than the number 10 and number 9th guy. Hes a legit 32 pounder.
Bucksman has a more accurate guess how 132 will shake out at state I think. Agree that Hart could be 1 and then I don't know how 2-4 shake out Kish, Castro, and Butler should fill those spots. Honestly top 4 could go any order. Bracketing will figure into some of that, I would guess Minnick is close 5th. As for King he's in a tough district not sure he makes it out. He's competing for the go to match for 3rd, 4th spot my opinion. My guess is he's an alternate this year.

Bucksman has a more accurate guess how 132 will shake out at state I think. Agree that Hart could be 1 and then I don't know how 2-4 shake out Kish, Castro, and Butler should fill those spots. Honestly top 4 could go any order. Bracketing will figure into some of that, I would guess Minnick is close 5th. As for King he's in a tough district not sure he makes it out. He's competing for the go to match for 3rd, 4th spot my opinion. My guess is he's an alternate this year.
Could see king Knocking off Castro or kyren, 132 at perry is got to be the toughest for that weight out of all districts, am going to like to see how that weight turns out at state!

Could see king Knocking off Castro or kyren, 132 at perry is got to be the toughest for that weight out of all districts, am going to like to see how that weight turns out at state!
Can I get some of that stuff you are smoking? It’s gotta be some real real stuff man—just sayin’.... ?

132 does look like a pretty tough and deep weight at Perry. I look at Bucksman's stuff, Boro's stuff and what I have seen in person or online. Because BoroFan lists more wrestlers I do get a better idea of the periphery wrestlers who could surprise. I have seen Castro and Paes. Both are solid, very solid. Of the two Paes would be my choice to maybe get upset. Sectional finishes will be important as always.

113 looks really tough as well. Good thing for two wrestlers at Perry that SVSM, Aurora and Buckeye are going NW this year (although normally Buckeye would anyway).

I like that the teams got to pick their sectionals this year. Most stayed put but Cloverleaf and Hoban going to W Branch intrigues me. The 182 (Dougherty-Hoban) is a good underclassman and should place top 4 at his sectional in a very tough district at that weight to crack the top 4.

Good Luck to all wrestlers!!

At 220 Perry has Snider (CVCA), Getz-SVSM (who lost 4-2 to Snider), Returning SQ's Marra (W Branch) and Logan (NW) and district 6th Gibson (Girard) Add in the freshman Mozden (Alliance). Add in 4-5 other ranked kids and this will be a very respectable district at 220. Heck 7 of the Boro's ranked wrestlers come out of The W Branch sectional. Out of that sectional realistically only 1 should place at State. Makes for a good weekend next week though.

Good Luck to all wrestlers!!

Last edited:
132 - King can not hang with anyone ranked in the top 10, the fact that he is ranked as high as he is if beyond me. Will be surprised if he makes it to second day of Districts.