D2 dream matchup for 2020-2021 seasons

LS92

So I was perusing https://ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football and saw the following two listings for week 9 Open Dates:

Massillon Washington High School, located in NE Ohio, is looking for a week 9 (10/23/20) game for the 2020 season. We can offer a generous travel stipend or help directly with travel and accommodations. If interested please contact Athletic Director Nate Moore at nmoore1@massillonschools.org or 330-830-3901 x-51620

La Salle High School (Cincinnati) - Div 2 - is looking for a week 9 away game for Varsity Football during the 2020 & 2021 season. We are willing to travel or host next year, we would prefer a 2-year contract if available. Please contact Athletic Director Brian Meyer; 513-741-2685; bmeyer@lasallehs.net.

Thinking 2020 at Massillon, 2021 at La Salle sounds like a great pair of games.

If anyone knows the ADs of either of two of Ohio's top D2 programs, make this happen!

Last edited:

Also saw a possible week 7 matchup:
Massillon Washington High School, located in NE Ohio, is looking for a week 7 (10/9/20) game for the 2020 season. We can offer a generous travel stipend or help directly with travel and accommodations. If interested please contact Athletic Director Nate Moore at nmoore1@massillonschools.org or 330-830-3901 x-51620

St. Francis DeSales (Columbus) is looking for a Week 7 Opponent for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. A two-year contract is preferred. If interested, please contact Assistant Athletic Director, Arius Cook at cook@desales.co.

Finally, saw a group of Week 1 teams that could make something work:

Toledo Central Catholic is looking for a Week 1 Home game for the 2020 season. Would discuss a 2 year contract with 2020 being a home game for us and then away in 2021. Would provide travel stipend for a 1 year contract. Please contact Greg Dempsey at gdempsey@centralcatholic.org to discuss.

Troy HS (Div II) 30 min. North of Dayton in Miami County is looking for a week one varsity football game in 2020 (Home) and 2021 (Away). Please contact Athletic Director David Palmer at palmer-d@troy.k12.oh.us if interested.

St. Francis DeSales (Columbus) is looking for a Week 1 Opponent for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. A two-year contract is preferred with 2020 Home and 2021 Away. If interested, please contact Assistant Athletic Director, Arius Cook at cook@desales.co.

Central Catholic could do without a Holland Springfield or a Harper Woods on the schedule but they don't travel well, they don't need harbins and their league does a decent job preparing them for play-offs. It'd be a win-win for them revenue wise and Massillon would get? IDK, week 1? Maybe they'd get on the highway. Definitely be a great way to start the season and it'd be fun to have Massillon come to Toledo.

Why don’t those two teams play eachother every year or even occasionally? Do they fear they will be the victim of home town cooking or something like that?

I have never understood why these two programs don’t play? Did something happen in the past?

Why don’t those two teams play eachother every year or even occasionally? Do they fear they will be the victim of home town cooking or something like that?

I have never understood why these two programs don’t play? Did something happen in the past?
Because Reno picks and chooses when they play, if he knows he has a great class coming he will schedule Massillon.

Central Catholic could do without a Holland Springfield or a Harper Woods on the schedule but they don't travel well, they don't need harbins and their league does a decent job preparing them for play-offs. It'd be a win-win for them revenue wise and Massillon would get? IDK, week 1? Maybe they'd get on the highway. Definitely be a great way to start the season and it'd be fun to have Massillon come to Toledo.
Id love to see Central play some other big teams. St Eds/Iggy or the GCL South would be great. The problem is that Centrals out of conference schedule is always the first 3 weeks, when Eds/Iggy and the GCL typically DONT have a problem scheduling. The big publics, like Mentor and Colerain (to their credit), will play the tough Catholic schools. Its weeks 4-10 that are the problem. I think Central and Whitmer should move their game to week 1-3 and both schedule Eds/Iggy or the GCL; or Massillon or Steubenville, for that matter.

Id love to see Central play some other big teams. St Eds/Iggy or the GCL South would be great. The problem is that Centrals out of conference schedule is always the first 3 weeks, when Eds/Iggy and the GCL typically DONT have a problem scheduling. The big publics, like Mentor and Colerain (to their credit), will play the tough Catholic schools. Its weeks 4-10 that are the problem. I think Central and Whitmer should move their game to week 1-3 and both schedule Eds/Iggy or the GCL; or Massillon or Steubenville, for that matter.

Good idea but I don't know that game. It's usually for the title and will be well attended in Late Oct- Nov. I think you'd want to put a traditionally lower attended game into the nicer weather and when the fans are still exhuberant. Whitmer and CCHS against the out of town conference members, if they can accomodate with their OOC.