D1 State Finals: Pickerington Central vs St. Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcers stated a running clock cannot occur in the 1st half, but only in the 2nd half - is that true?
[/QUOTE
Normally it doesn’t. But I do know when Lakota West played West Clermont in their first playoff game after West got up big they did run the clock at the request of West Clermont coach Ayers due to the fact that the Wolves were very overmatched and depleted in the game due to injuries and COVID-19.

Suddenly, losing 62-37 to X doesn't feel so bad. This pick central team looks like one of the worst I have ever seen in a D1 title game in my life.

Appears disrespectful, especially since Veteran's Day was this week..... And it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Yes it was deeply disrespectful. I suspect it also was a distraction for the PC kids. They likely talked about doing it and they thought about it before the game. When you're playing in a state title game the focus has to be 100% on football.

All credit to X but PC can't be this bad. Hell, X barely got past Lakota West & Springfield.

Unbelievable, this is an average X team in an average year in the GCL.
X is not average. A GCL team has a won state D1 or D2 title or been in the finals pretty much every year for the last 10 years. Watch the GCL for too long and you lose perspective at how good they are. Of course, maybe you are a GMC coach, which of course means X, Elder and Moeller are very average and deserving of a seed below 7-8 GMC schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.