D1 Canton

Massillon vs Jackson is kind of interesting. When was the last time those two played? I understand there is some tension between the two communities and they don't often schedule one another.

Boardman has a big game tomorrow vs Chaney. They are long, athletic and play the same style. Will be a good test for tourney.

Massillon vs Jackson is kind of interesting. When was the last time those two played? I understand there is some tension between the two communities and they don't often schedule one another.
They have played in the tournament a few times but Jackson hasn’t played at Massillon since the mid 90’s.

Boardman has a big game tomorrow vs Chaney. They are long, athletic and play the same style. Will be a good test for tourney.
I was very impressed with Boardman when they played Green. The guard Anderson is really tough. They will definitely be a tough out because they can grind it out or run.

The last time they played was in a Sectional Final, March 5 of 2010 at the Canton Memorial Civic Center. Jackson won 71-48 enroute to their first of two State Basketball Championships in the decade of the 2010's.

To get a feeling for who is playing with kids from their own school district, here are the Competitive Balance numbers of the schools in this district.

Massillon 41
Fitch 15
Hoover 15
GlenOak 12
Perry 12
Alliance 5
McKinley 5
Dover 4
Lake1
Wooster 1
Boardman 0
Green 0
Jackson 0

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. These Competitive balance numbers would be over multiple sports. This 41 number for Massillon that you are trying to convey, would be I believe thru multiple sports, for instance baseball, football, soccer, volleyball ...etc. If you are trying to convey that our basketball team is full of transfers, I just don't think this is true. I have been following our basketball team for a long time and the boys on our team have been with the program for at lease 1 to 2 years before this season, except maybe the Freshman we have playing for us, who plays sparingly. To my knowledge, we have no transfers in. Could they have transferred in 7th or 8th grade and I would not know this, yes, but as I say these kids have been playing at lease one or two years with the program before this season.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. These Competitive balance numbers would be over multiple sports. This 41 number for Massillon that you are trying to convey, would be I believe thru multiple sports, for instance baseball, football, soccer, volleyball ...etc. If you are trying to convey that our basketball team is full of transfers, I just don't think this is true. I have been following our basketball team for a long time and the boys on our team have been with the program for at lease 1 to 2 years before this season, except maybe the Freshman we have playing for us, who plays sparingly. To my knowledge, we have no transfers in. Could they have transferred in 7th or 8th grade and I would not know this, yes, but as I say these kids have been playing at lease one or two years with the program before this season.
That's not true. The 41 number is for basketball only. And it reflects members of the program that do not live within the school district.

The transfer # is NOT based on who transferred in or out of the school this year. The dumbaz conveniently leaves that out.

That's not true. The 41 number is for basketball only. And it reflects members of the program that do not live within the school district.
This - each sport that utilizes competitive balance has its own number added to base school enrollment to figure out an "adjustment enrollment" for that sport that determines division. And a competitive balance number of 41 doesn't mean exactly 41 players. There are different tiers and multipliers. For instance, Cleveland Central Catholic's number is 123. Gilmour Academy's is 167. Hawken is 82. etc.

Last edited:
This - each sport that utilizes competitive balance has its own number added to base school enrollment to figure out an "adjustment enrollment" for that spot that determines division. And a competitive balance number of 41 doesn't mean exactly 41 players. There are different tiers and multipliers.
Correct. Doing the math, the number of Massillon kids (since they were mentioned) that fall into the Competitive Balance count would be either 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33, 37, or 41. The Athletic Department at Massillon would have verified and presented that number to the OHSAA.

Correct. Doing the math, the number of Massillon kids (since they were mentioned) that fall into the Competitive Balance count would be either 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33, 37, or 41. The Athletic Department at Massillon would have verified and presented that number to the OHSAA.
? that really narrowed it down. Start the excuses now for the beat down coming in a few weeks.

Shall we let everyone that one of the kids who QUIT Jackson’s team during the season was because of the TRANSFER.

Boardman squeaked by Chaney 66-60 tonight at home in front of a packed house. Back and forth kind of game. Think it'll help Boardman get ready for a more athletic team like McKinley but I think the Spartans will need to execute better to beat the Pups if they were to play in the district semis.

Always has to be an aszhole in the group to ruin a good thread. Please give us the exact # of boys that don’t live in Massillon from the basketball team.
I don’t want some bullsht answer either, give us the EXACT #.
I can give you something exact, even though Jackson has 0 they sure do have a transfer on that team, one that is already on his THIRD different school system. ?
I wonder why when they were announcing Elementary schools that the Jackson kids went to when they played St V that the transfer didn’t get his named. ???

Just to make sure you are on the right page the “transfer” you are referring to does not start, has not started 1 game this season, and only plays about 8 minutes a game. There was one game last week where they announced the starters against Western Reserve and all 5 starters have lived in Jackson since Elementary school. In the paper the other starter they did not mention for some reason went to Sauder Elementary.

Shall we let everyone that one of the kids who QUIT Jackson’s team during the season was because of the TRANSFER.

Also just correcting this the one kid that quit this year was just not a good ball player and quit bc his minutes completely diminished. The other that quit has a full ride to Ohio State for baseball and didn’t want to risk further injury after hurting his ankle against Hoban early this season. The “transfer” plays about 8 mpg and averages 3.1 ppg.

Fitch knocked off Warren Harding last night. Harding is the 4 seed at Twinsburg. Just shows you how good Canton D1 district is when the 13th seed is capable of taking down another district’s 4 seed.

Boardman squeaked by Chaney 66-60 tonight at home in front of a packed house. Back and forth kind of game. Think it'll help Boardman get ready for a more athletic team like McKinley but I think the Spartans will need to execute better to beat the Pups if they were to play in the district semis.

That depends on which McKinley team shows up against any given opponent.
Will it be Henry or Edward? Massillon is a very dangerous team when they
face the Pups (assuming they can take out the Polar Bears).

It's Tournament Time anything can happen; an off night, flu, ankle sprain, the
foe has a HOT hand and a team is toast.

:>---

EGA

Just to make sure you are on the right page the “transfer” you are referring to does not start, has not started 1 game this season, and only plays about 8 minutes a game. There was one game last week where they announced the starters against Western Reserve and all 5 starters have lived in Jackson since Elementary school. In the paper the other starter they did not mention for some reason went to Sauder Elementary.
Also just correcting this the one kid that quit this year was just not a good ball player and quit bc his minutes completely diminished. The other that quit has a full ride to Ohio State for baseball and didn’t want to risk further injury after hurting his ankle against Hoban early this season. The “transfer” plays about 8 mpg and averages 3.1 ppg.
Thank you very much for clarifying.

I can tell you for a fact the one quit because of the transfer, I never said it had to do with playing tome etc.
Is the transfer going to be there in August ?

I can tell you for a fact the one quit because of the transfer, I never said it had to do with playing tome etc.
Is the transfer going to be there in August ?

Good question, definitely doesn’t say much to have transferred to a new school your first 2 years of school.

Good question, definitely doesn’t say much to have transferred to a new school your first 2 years of school.
I was at the game last night and a few parents were telling me they don’t think he is staying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the game last night and a few parents were telling me they don’t think he is staying.

Truth is if he leaves I don’t think it’s really going to hurt Jackson basketball moving forward. Seems like maybe more of a headache than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator: