D1 Canton

It's you and your threats that are the cancer here along with your buddy, Butthead, and his juvenile jokes.
Massillon personified.
Paul Brown would be proud. :oops:

#youareclueless
still not sure why you cant just post about Jackson. no matter the thread you have to talk about Massillon. As a Jackson fan this act is getting old and tired. It is the main reason i have avoided this site for awhile bc its just nonsense.

Totally ruined this thread....I'm not a Massilon fan or Jackson fan....could care less about either. But I was interested in people's thoughts on the tournament. You guys actually think people want to hear you bicker about your petty garbage. Start a Massilon vs Jackson thread and have at it
The ONLY people wanting to bring Jackson into the conversation were the butthurt Massillon people. NO ONE ELSE.

Post #52.

Last edited:
Well that Louisville team just clinched the #2 seed in D2 canton region Sooooo.
Ya they also had these losses:
#3 seed Boardman by 24
#8 seed Perry by 15
#10 seed Jackson by 8
#13 seed Fitch by 15
Ignatius by 38
Chaney by 13

Based on the above , you can’t see how Massillon losing to them by 22 would be perceived as surprising? They are a decent team but the results above wouldn’t have led me to believe they would’ve beat Massillon let alone by 22.

Also let’s be realistic-being the #2 seed in a very down Canton D2 district is not impressive. The # 3 seed just lost by 50 to Green.

We will see what happens teams are gonna have their nights . i just don't like them voting on seeding when the season isn't over. Hoover got beat by a Massillon team and they are ranked higher then Massillon but hey what do u know.

Let's be real, the seeding is a joke. The non-Fed teams got the short end of the stick once again, and it's really obvious. How can a Wooster team with only one be behind seven loss teams Hoover and GlenOak?There's no way Hoover should be seeded that high, who have they beaten? And Massillon at #7 when they have 14 wins and beat GlenOak and Wooster.. seriously? And how is a 5-13 Jackson team ahead of an Alliance team that's 13-6, that is insane! How can anyone argue with a straight face that Jackson should be ahead of a team who has 8 more wins than them? Even as a supporter of a Federal League team, I'm not going to try to defend this. The Dover and Massillon supporters on here are correct and have a right to be upset about how this went down.
Let's be real, who cares? Win the games in front of you. The district is a meat grinder no matter your seed.

Oh as for the Alliance team you promote, they got drilled by Hoover.

Thanks BGD I said this would happen a week ago because it has ALWAYS been this way. When you have a league of 7 in a district of 13 of course the league teams are going to look out for their “brothers” and they all think every team in that league is tough.
The best thing is the seeds don’t really mean all that much except to get a bye. The games still have to be played so anyone that feels slighted will definitely have the chance to get revenge.
Afwpatfire said it best earlier that there should be a committee made up to seed the teams that would eliminate the bias that exists.
If you really want to eliminate bias go to a Harbin system. You should have to qualify your way in.

Let's be real, who cares? Win the games in front of you. The district is a meat grinder no matter your seed.

Oh as for the Alliance team you promote, they got drilled by Hoover.
Fair enough. The best teams are going to come out on top no matter what the seeds are. Obviously the fans of the non-fed schools care a lot, but it doesn't effect the team I support. Just pointing out that the voting was a little biased.

When did I promote Alliance? I just don't think they should be below a team with half as many wins. Didn't Hoover also beat Jackson pretty badly?

Another issue...why is the vote taken before the season is over? All the games should be played before seeding.
I assumed it was to give teams a chance to see the team they will face in the tournament.

The season isn't over until early February.

I assumed it was to give teams a chance to see the team they will face in the tournament.

The season isn't over until early February.
They can watch tape, plenty of time between the last game and the first round game.

Football manages to seed after the season.

IMO the winner of this district is going to Columbus. The other three districts ( Twinsburg,Euclid, Copley) don't have the depth Canton does. Eds and Ignatius are in the Toledo regional this year, so I think there's a clear path for a Canton area team (hopefully Green) to make it out of Cleveland.

McK certainly had a great game for a tourney tune up with SVSM. Pups lost but what a great game of high intensity and athletes allover the floor.

Ive always questioned when a high seed takes a first round bye. If you're playing well I think I'd rather have a game. Kids do better with routine.

McK certainly had a great game for a tourney tune up with SVSM. Pups lost but what a great game of high intensity and athletes allover the floor.

Ive always questioned when a high seed takes a first round bye. If you're playing well I think I'd rather have a game. Kids do better with routine.
Seeds do not get to choose if the get a bye or not anymore. Haven’t we made this clear?

IMO the winner of this district is going to Columbus. The other three districts ( Twinsburg,Euclid, Copley) don't have the depth Canton does. Eds and Ignatius are in the Toledo regional this year, so I think there's a clear path for a Canton area team (hopefully Green) to make it out of Cleveland.
I sure hope this district winner makes it to Columbus!

They don't get a choice....

BRACKET PLACEMENT:

Team are placed on the bracket in the number on the bracket that corresponds to the place that the team is in the voting matrix. The numbers run from 1 to the number of teams participating in the tournament. The number 1 ranked team goes on the blank line marked "1", the number 2 ranked team goes on the blank line marked "2" and so on.

The Sunday district draw meeting is now eliminated. However, there will be a meeting for the home site managers to meet with their district tournament manager to review tournament responsibilities. Your tournament manager will give you the date, time and location of this meeting.

^
From NEO District under ...
For Managers:

Manager - Online Voting Responsibilities

:>---

EGA