D1 Canton

Dover 58, Hoover 51. If they would’ve waited a week or so to seed, Hoover may have dropped about 4-5 seeds.

Speaking of - Is there a good reason they need to seed teams 2-3 weeks prior to end of the season? They don’t do that in other states, NCAA tourney, etc. It’s also not like teams need to make some big travel plans overnight.

In this situation- If they let reg season play out, Hoover is likely #9 on road at Perry while Dover is maybe 6 or 7 at home vs Alliance or Jackson. Instead 3 straight Hoover losses to lower seeded teams basically don’t count. Why even play out regular season if that’s the case?
The reason I heard that they do this, so coaches have a game or 2 to scout the opposition for their upcoming tourney

Maybe Dover needs to schedule up instead of scheduling for victories against the sisters of the poor. Schedule the McKinleys, Jackson and Greens in December and January before the annual drawing in mid February and Dover might get more respect.
Dropping new Phila would be a good first step to your plan a 20 point and 27 point win didn’t help Dover much.

Of the 13 teams, only 1 of them voted to give Dover a higher seed than Hoover. And that was Dover.
Of the 12 teams that voted for Hoover to get a higher seed, only one (Wooster) voted for Dover to be no more than one seed lower than Hoover. One non-Federal League team voted Dover to get a seed 5 spots lower than Hoover.

Of the 13 teams, only 1 of them voted to give Dover a higher seed than Hoover. And that was Dover.
Of the 12 teams that voted for Hoover to get a higher seed, only one (Wooster) voted for Dover to be no more than one seed lower than Hoover. One non-Federal League team voted Dover to get a seed 5 spots lower than Hoover.
Dover proved them wrong tonight. Jackson proved them wrong last Friday and Massillon proved them wrong a week ago. Who was the genius who said the coaches should continue voting for the seeds ? ?
On top of that the seeding should be going on now with the bracket coming out this Sunday. But why should anyone change anything that’s been going on for at least 30 years. ?

82 you keep saying that's the way its been done for 30 years but actually its not. The coaches used to all meet on a Sunday (still two weeks too early though) and state their cases and lobby for one another. There was a year Green went 22-0 and didn't get the 1 seed (they were not in the Fed then). I think theres as much wrong with the District placements than how the seeding is done? So yes the coaches have always voted but I think it was different doing it meeting style face to face.

Meanwhile I'm assuming Boardman looked bad in a 62-60 win over Ursuline...

Ursuline played their best game of the year. If it wasn't for Derrick Anderson who scored 38 tonight and surprised 1,000 career points, Boardman would've had a longgg night. Congrats to the young man!

It hasn't started yet...starts on the 21st. The earlier start is a reason for the timing of the seeding.
It started on the 17th. There are threads for tournament scores starting Monday. SE district website or the OHSAA brackets will confirm this.

Dover proved them wrong tonight. Jackson proved them wrong last Friday and Massillon proved them wrong a week ago. Who was the genius who said the coaches should continue voting for the seeds ? ?
On top of that the seeding should be going on now with the bracket coming out this Sunday. But why should anyone change anything that’s been going on for at least 30 years. ?
The seeding should be going on after all games have been played...or go to a Harbin system where you have to qualify for the playoffs.

82 you keep saying that's the way its been done for 30 years but actually its not. The coaches used to all meet on a Sunday (still two weeks too early though) and state their cases and lobby for one another. There was a year Green went 22-0 and didn't get the 1 seed (they were not in the Fed then). I think theres as much wrong with the District placements than how the seeding is done? So yes the coaches have always voted but I think it was different doing it meeting style face to face.
Same outcome, always 2 or more teams that have no business being seeded where they are.

Sure it did. It eliminated 3 losses as a data point. Hoover isnt the 5 seed if the season played out and you could all stop whining.
Keep in mind that a lot of people called out the inaccurate voting before the 3 losses. It's not like we just learned last night that Hoover didn't deserve the 5 seed.

Lake yes, not Jackson or Perry. I still won’t be shocked at all if Lake beats them next Wed.
We beat Perry by 30 at their place, they beat us on a buzzer beater.

We beat Jackson by nearly 20 at their place, they beat us in OT.

I dont think it's that crazy of an argument.