D VII State Semi-Final: New Bremen (11-3) vs. Lima Central Catholic (10-4) @ Wapakoneta

Who wins?

• Lima Central Catholic

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • New Bremen

Votes: 47 74.6%

• Total voters

Rematch from the classic 2020 regional final (or state semi) game that was very narrowly won by NB with a big goal line stop in the final minute (I think that's right). Unfortunately, LCC's talented running back did not participate due to injury.

NB will win again - this time it'll be 23-20

Good luck Cardinals!!!

Rematch from the classic 2020 regional final (or state semi) game that was very narrowly won by NB with a big goal line stop in the final minute (I think that's right). Unfortunately, LCC's talented running back did not participate due to injury.

NB will win again - this time it'll be 23-20

Good luck Cardinals!!!
2020 classic State semi game, Cards get completely out played in the first half, but somehow were only down 7-0. Took a stop of a two point conversion to keep from going to OT.

I do not know much about LCC. What are their strengths and weaknesses?

How do they stack up with Bremen’s run game?

Watched LCC vs Tinora earlier in the season... they lost 3 straight at that time. Was there injuries because they seem to be playing better ball

LCC does not seem as dominant as in past years. I will go out on a limb and say NB 35 -14

New Bremen will bring home a title this year. It also means that Parkway will be the only MAC school without a gridiron championship.

New Bremen will give up some points, but they can score a lot on their own. I'll go with:

New Bremen 28
LCC 24
It’s interesting questioning Bremen’s defense, was questioned prior to the Loramie game as well? So far this year they have pitched 3 shutouts and had 4 games were they gave up one touchdown, it’s not Marion obviously but they are decent. In the playoffs they are giving up less than 10 per game while beating the #1, #2 & #4 seeds. 22 of those points came against a very good, and very difficult to prepare for Ansonia (and yes I understand they had a weather related shutout versus Loramie that probably wouldn’t have happened in better conditions) my point is I think their defense might be a little underrated.

It’s interesting questioning Bremen’s defense, was questioned prior to the Loramie game as well? So far this year they have pitched 3 shutouts and had 4 games were they gave up one touchdown, it’s not Marion obviously but they are decent. In the playoffs they are giving up less than 10 per game while beating the #1, #2 & #4 seeds. 22 of those points came against a very good, and very difficult to prepare for Ansonia (and yes I understand they had a weather related shutout versus Loramie that probably wouldn’t have happened in better conditions) my point is I think their defense might be a little underrated.
i'm impressed with the Cards D, very discipline.......

I do give credit for the Fort Loramie defensive effort. I just think it's possible to put some points on the board against New Bremen as well.

I don't mean to diss Ansonia at all - the Tigers had a great season and put up quite a fight against NB.

But at least some of the Cardinal football players traveled down to Dayton earlier that day to watch NB volleyball play in the state final - and that was probably somewhat of a distraction.

In 2009, the entire ML football team traveled to WSU to watch the lady Flyers in the vball state final and then gave a lackluster performance later that evening against a determined Covington squad.

If not for an injury to C's nimble qb Bitner early in the game, and a late questionable pass interference call, C would've won.

Just my 2 cents

Big question:

Which game draws the large crowd at Wapakoneta?

D7 - New Bremen / Lima Central Catholic

D2 - Kings Mills Kings / Toledo Central Catholic
Given the comparative distances, no surprising answer there. Though even if the big schools were close... already mentioned on the other game thread, Kings didn't bring a huge crowd to a game a few miles away and TCC doesn't realy have that huge a following. Small town ball is still where it's at.

I don't mean to diss Ansonia at all - the Tigers had a great season and put up quite a fight against NB.

But at least some of the Cardinal football players traveled down to Dayton earlier that day to watch NB volleyball play in the state final - and that was probably somewhat of a distraction.

In 2009, the entire ML football team traveled to WSU to watch the lady Flyers in the vball state final and then gave a lackluster performance later that evening against a determined Covington squad.

If not for an injury to C's nimble qb Bitner early in the game, and a late questionable pass interference call, C would've won.

Just my 2 cents
First 2 cents isn't worth much now a days, 2nd how in the heck do you remember all these details.

New Bremen will give up some points, but they can score a lot on their own. I'll go with:

New Bremen 28
LCC 24
Bremen will struggle to contain LCC’s Parker, as he is just a bigger stronger version of Homan. Fort Loramie was able to take advantage of LCC’s lack of stopping the pass game and won, but I don’t think Bremen’s pass game is near what Loramies was. Will still be a nailbiter for sure.
LCC: 35
Breman:24

Bremen will struggle to contain LCC’s Parker, as he is just a bigger stronger version of Homan. Fort Loramie was able to take advantage of LCC’s lack of stopping the pass game and won, but I don’t think Bremen’s pass game is near what Loramies was. Will still be a nailbiter for sure.
LCC: 35
Breman:24
Loramie passing attack was the best in Division 7 football. No one can really compare to them with what they had in Eilerman and the weapons. I’m from New Bremen but we got lucky with that weather. 40 mph wind gusts and snow everywhere benefitted us tremendously in that game.