D VII State Championship: New Bremen (9-2) vs Warren JFK (9-2)

Who wins?

• New Bremen

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Warren JFK

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters
little more info?
1605414524263.jpeg.jpg

Final DVII Top 5:

1. New Bremen
2. Lima Central Catholic
3. Marion Local
4. Fort Loramie
5. John F. Kennedy

There could be an argument for St. Henry to be in the top 5.
I’m sorry, and this is not being a MAC homer, but St. Henry beats JFK by at least two touchdowns. Seeing each of these games live I would also put Marion ahead of LCC. LCC struggled with Bremen’s D they would struggle even more with Marion. Congrats to JFK for making the finals, but they were not a top5 team.

Cards what a run. Not many would have given you kids a 5% chance, but you kept finding a way. Had each other’s backs dealing with adversity along the way. So proud to be Cardinal. Nothing better than hearing 750+ Cardinal fans chanting
M-A-C! M-A-C! M-A-C!

I’m sorry, and this is not being a MAC homer, but St. Henry beats JFK by at least two touchdowns. Seeing each of these games live I would also put Marion ahead of LCC. LCC struggled with Bremen’s D they would struggle even more with Marion. Congrats to JFK for making the finals, but they were not a top5 team.
I am a big ML homer but I don't think the Flyers def. LCC. I think several Flyer posters will agree with me ML's offense for what ever reason just did not click this year, that is why Goodwin was still experimenting at QB even deep into the playoffs. Plus ML just turned the ball over too much this year to def. really good teams.

I am a big ML homer but I don't think the Flyers def. LCC. I think several Flyer posters will agree with me ML's offense for what ever reason just did not click this year, that is why Goodwin was still experimenting at QB even deep into the playoffs. Plus ML just turned the ball over too much this year to def. really good teams.
I really think you guys are too hard on this years Flyers, that defense was stout! Seeing both teams live I think Bremen beats LCC 4 out of 5, but only beats Marion 1 or 2. Just my opinion.

Cards what a run. Not many would have given you kids a 5% chance, but you kept finding a way. Had each other’s backs dealing with adversity along the way. So proud to be Cardinal. Nothing better than hearing 750+ Cardinal fans chanting
M-A-C! M-A-C! M-A-C!
I was live streaming. JFK had 3rd and forever deep in their own territory.
Sent chills when l clearly heard the Cardinal faithful chanting DEEEFENSE - DEEEEFENSE - DEEEFENSE and got a huge SACK
Was AWESOME!
Told my wife....listen to that. That's awesome. So happy for those boys and community.

I was live streaming. JFK had 3rd and forever deep in their own territory.
Sent chills when l clearly heard the Cardinal faithful chanting DEEEFENSE - DEEEEFENSE - DEEEFENSE and got a huge SACK
Was AWESOME!
Told my wife....listen to that. That's awesome. So happy for those boys and community.
I made sure I cleared two hours to watch. Lunch, planning "meeting"¡ It was awesome to watch

Because someone says something about a schools coach and you don’t want to hear why that person thinks that? Not a very hard concept to understand.
You heard a rumor on yappi that someone said the Coach may have said something. I understand the concept of being a Yenta.

You heard a rumor on yappi that someone said the Coach may have said something. I understand the concept of being a Yenta.
Wasn’t the first one to ask for context but I appreciate the response. People gossiping on a opinion forum about all things football. Who would’ve thought?

Definitely agree about the issues with the Flyers' offense. However the best D7 team in the state needed a blocked punt returned for a TD to prevent overtime with the Flyers. There were two other huge special teams plays by the Cards. If they play again, does New Bremen get all three of those special teams plays to occur again? But the Cards came through that night and Flyers unsettled Qb position was an issue for sure.

I really think you guys are too hard on this years Flyers, that defense was stout! Seeing both teams live I think Bremen beats LCC 4 out of 5, but only beats Marion 1 or 2. Just my opinion.
Pretty much my take as well. I'm not convinced ML was not the best D7 team this year, but clearly they had multiple games where they did not perform at the level required to win a state title.

You could put any of LCC, ML and New Bremen in the top spot based on circular reasoning. Fortunately, we have a method to find out who is better head to head. Unfortunately, better becomes subjective when special teams mistakes, turnovers or similar occur in unexpected situations.

??

They were a top 10 or 15. Those MAC teams are hard to beat.

They were a top 10 or 15. Those MAC teams are hard to beat.
To think JFK is only a top 10 or 15 is laughable. They played their 2nd worst half of football in the first half of the game and were only down 7-0. They followed that up with the worst half of football they've played in a very long time and got handled. New Bremen was very good, but Kennedy was nowhere near as bad as they showed in that game.

To think JFK is only a top 10 or 15 is laughable. They played their 2nd worst half of football in the first half of the game and were only down 7-0. They followed that up with the worst half of football they've played in a very long time and got handled. New Bremen was very good, but Kennedy was nowhere near as bad as they showed in that game.
I only know what I saw with my own eyes, New Bremen played their worst game of the playoffs and won 31-0. If JFK’s only offense is the quarterback run they would not beat St. Henry, Ft. Loramie, Marion Local or LCC, I am not trying to put them down, but from what I saw they were not a Top 5 team.