D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Who wins

• Coldwater

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Springfield

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
Back in April, there was a group of 8 seniors who lost their opportunity to defend their state title in baseball... win it for them.

For the last 4 senior classes. Win it for them.

For the Midwest Athletic Conference. Win it for them.

For all the Coldwater Alumni around the world. Win it for them.

For the State Champion's club in which I am a part of. Win it for them.

For Shane Homan. Win it for him

For Gabe Andrews and Jackson Hogenkamp (Rest in Peace). Win it for them.

And first and foremost, WIN IT FOR YOURSELVES!

You guys accomplished alot this season. State Title #7 would mean alot in a year where pretty much nothing good has happened.

Coldwater 35
Springfield 14

Last edited:

Struggles, dude you guys scored 13 points. Just because you hung in the game don’t make it out like FF was dominant in any way.
389 to 289. I'll let you figure out which team had which total yardage. Yes Springfield won, yes their defense stepped up inside the 5 twice and inside the 10 once, yes yardage doesn't give you points. But to say hang in the game is a joke. Number of plays run, time of possession, and yards were led by one team. But again, that doesn't put points on the board. All you high and mighty northeast football lovers got to see last night how the better team can still lose a game. Happens all the time, no sour grapes here.

Coldwater by at least 2 touchdowns or more. Probably end up like the Anna game last year, but i hope Springfield can somehow win

Last edited:
389 to 289. I'll let you figure out which team had which total yardage. Yes Springfield won, yes their defense stepped up inside the 5 twice and inside the 10 once, yes yardage doesn't give you points. But to say hang in the game is a joke. Number of plays run, time of possession, and yards were led by one team. But again, that doesn't put points on the point. All you high and mighty northeast football lovers got to see last night how the better team can still lose a game. Happens all the time, no sour grapes here.

oh lord :rolleyes:

389 to 289. I'll let you figure out which team had which total yardage. Yes Springfield won, yes their defense stepped up inside the 5 twice and inside the 10 once, yes yardage doesn't give you points. But to say hang in the game is a joke. Number of plays run, time of possession, and yards were led by one team. But again, that doesn't put points on the point. All you high and mighty northeast football lovers got to see last night how the better team can still lose a game. Happens all the time, no sour grapes here.

Coldwater by at least 2 touchdowns or more. Probably end up like the Anna game last year, but i hope Springfield can somehow win
Last night was a great game. Everything high school football was meant to be. That includes stupid coaching decisions.

Had FF kicked the FGfrom the10 they’d had had a chance in OT. Instead they went for the win. And lost.

They played great, but they are NOT “the better team.”

Last night was a great game. Everything high school football was meant to be. That includes stupid coaching decisions.

Had FF kicked the FGfrom the10 they’d had had a chance in OT. Instead they went for the win. And lost.

They played great, but they are NOT “the better team.”
No kicking game is always a killer for ff. I did not say that ff was the better team so to speak, i said the team that played better last night did not win. It happens all the time, one team makes plays needed to win the other didn't.

NMS is lucky they are facing CW. If it weren't for an injury to Clement for CG, who is their deep threat and even had three INT in a game, they would be facing the CG team.
An injury allowed CW to win and lucky for NMS they are facing a CW team that is fortunate to be there.

CG vs NMS I would go with CG, but by facing CW I believe NMS is breathing much easier this week.

NMS will pull from their vast experience of last year's finals heart breaking loss and use their stout defense to pull away from the Cavs. Not one player on that CW team has experience in the bright lights of a state finals football game and will look like a deer in headlights early on while NMS builds a big lead.

CW makes a good attempt at a come back but the battle hardened experience that NMS gained last year leads them to ultimate victory.

And MH, because I know you enjoy my work, I think this is the week the finesse of CW is their demise.

This is the way.
I have spoken.

Last edited:
Struggles, dude you guys scored 13 points. Just because you hung in the game don’t make it out like FF was dominant in any way.

I never said they have a bad defense they just can’t stop the run. They’ve allowed 599 yards rushing in the last 2 games. So I wouldn’t say that’s an opinion that’s a fact.Trust me I want Springfield to win.

NMS is lucky they are facing CW. If it weren't for an injury to Clement for CG, who is their deep threat and even had three INT in a game, they would be facing the CG team.
An injury allowed CW to win and lucky for NMS they are facing a CW team that is lucky to be there.

NMS will pull from their vast experience of last year's finals heart breaking loss and use their stout defense to pull away from the Cavs. Not one player on that CW team has experience in the bright lights of a state finals football game and will look like a deer in headlights early on while NMS builds a big lead.

CW makes a good attempt.at a come back but the battle hardened experience that NMS gained last year leads them to ultimate victory.

This is the way.
I have spoken.
Thank you ?

I never said they have a bad defense they just can’t stop the run. They’ve allowed 599 yards rushing in the last 2 games. So I wouldn’t say that’s an opinion that’s a fact.Trust me I want Springfield to win.
Fort Frye had a good year, Kaponk. Should be very proud of those boys.

Now please stay on the appropriate thread.

Fort Frye had a good year, Kaponk. Should be very proud of those boys.

Now please stay on the appropriate thread.

I’ll say what I want. My entire point is getting miss guided. If you can’t stop the run vs Norwayne and Fort Frye how are you going to stop Coldwater?

This is a good Coldwater team but beatable. More of a running team than passing team. The QB is a very good athlete, ok passer, Brody Hoying Lite. McKibben a very good rb/receiver. I am picking CW by 3 scores but would not be surprised if it was a close game or even if Springfield wins. Springfield fans this Coldwater team is not Anna of last year.

389 to 289. I'll let you figure out which team had which total yardage. Yes Springfield won, yes their defense stepped up inside the 5 twice and inside the 10 once, yes yardage doesn't give you points. But to say hang in the game is a joke. Number of plays run, time of possession, and yards were led by one team. But again, that doesn't put points on the board. All you high and mighty northeast football lovers got to see last night how the better team can still lose a game. Happens all the time, no sour grapes here.

You guys at FF are really into moral victories huh? “We only got beat by Kirtland by 2 touchdowns”, “the first tough team we played knocked us out but we held the ball longer and we had more yards”. You can celebrate winning the time of possession and yardage battle next Sunday at home while Springfield plays for a state championship!!

You guys at FF are really into moral victories huh? “We only got beat by Kirtland by 2 touchdowns”, “the first tough team we played knocked us out but we held the ball longer and we had more yards”. You can celebrate winning the time of possession and yardage battle next Sunday at home while Springfield plays for a state championship!!

Hey winning those things gets you...............A PARTICIPATION TROPHY!!!!

71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Good athlete. I wish him good luck next week. I look forward to watching Versailles compete against him in baseball. (He probably plays Basketball, but not my sport)

I'll stop because it's pointless. No moral victories here, we came to win not to get respect. We lost. Noone is celebrating anything. We played better and lost, it happens