D IV State Semi-Final: Steubenville (12-2) vs Wyoming (14-0)

Who wins?

• Steubenville

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 74 56.1%

• Total voters
Linsley - WV prep school not eligible to play in playoffs because they have grown men playing high school football and would have won A= L

Linsly has a rule that you can't transfer between your junior or senior year. If you go to Linsly, you have to start your junior year in high school.

Linsly has a rule that you can't transfer between your junior or senior year. If you go to Linsly, you have to start your junior year in high school.
Let’s set the record straight on Linsly. They have an open roster. They can have kids show up well into August and play.

The also can potentially have the 19 year old 5th year seniors at times from all over the world.

They aren’t eligible for WV playoffs because they house kids from all over on campus.

But, it has happen against Taft...Hester was bottled up for most of the night and the result was a 7 to 0 win. Plan B. Give it to Hester and hope your defense is for real.
I wouldn't considered rushing for 189 yards in the first game against Taft, and 137 yards in game two as being "bottled up"! Rushing for over 100 yards is the goal for any running back. Again, Taft's defense has 5 players with D-1 offers. He scored in both games. If that's what you consider as being bottled up, well then ok. I guess.

I wouldn't considered rushing for 189 yards in the first game against Taft, and 137 yards in game two as being "bottled up"! Rushing for over 100 yards is the goal for any running back. Again, Taft's defense has 5 players with D-1 offers. He scored in both games. If that's what you consider as being bottled up, well then ok. I guess.
I don’t consider that bottled up. Preventing the big explosive plays is the key. Hey, if they give it to him 30 times and he gains 200 yards as long as none of those carries are long explosive plays that’s all you can do. I think it is safe to say Wyoming is a one dimensional team and lean one guy exclusively to carry them. When 85% of your offense goes through one guy it would seem an easy game plan. That said I have always had admiration for those teams who are exclusively run only, you know exactly what they’re going to do but cannot stop them….. Kirtland, Mooney and Colerain at various times come to mind. Wyoming is going to line up and test the toughness of their opponents. I think the Mighty Big Red always passes the toughness test. After that it all comes down to talent. And I think talent wise both teams are even. Then it goes to turnovers and mistakes, who makes the least wins the game. If SHS continues on with this penalty problem it will be tough to win. All that says is it makes for a great game between two very evenly matched teams. ROLL RED ROLL!

We can only hope to contain him, obviously if we do that well, we will be fine.

I don’t consider that bottled up. Preventing the big explosive plays is the key. Hey, if they give it to him 30 times and he gains 200 yards as long as none of those carries are long explosive plays that’s all you can do. I think it is safe to say Wyoming is a one dimensional team and lean one guy exclusively to carry them. When 85% of your offense goes through one guy it would seem an easy game plan. That said I have always had admiration for those teams who are exclusively run only, you know exactly what they’re going to do but cannot stop them….. Kirtland, Mooney and Colerain at various times come to mind. Wyoming is going to line up and test the toughness of their opponents. I think the Mighty Big Red always passes the toughness test. After that it all comes down to talent. And I think talent wise both teams are even. Then it goes to turnovers and mistakes, who makes the least wins the game. If SHS continues on with this penalty problem it will be tough to win. All that says is it makes for a great game between two very evenly matched teams. ROLL RED ROLL!
I agree. Good luck to all.

I agree. Good luck to all.
I just discovered something very interesting. Wyoming had a HIGHLY recruited dual threat QB (Prater) a couple years ago when they won the title. He had video game passing stats. Wyoming was a pass heavy team. Just 4 years ago. They have evolved into a run heavy team. Is there a different coach or the same coach who really coach’s based on the type of talent they have or am
I talking about 2 different coaches here? It’s kind of odd the same coach can go from 2 different extremes. If it is the same coach then he’s a great coach.

I just discovered something very interesting. Wyoming had a HIGHLY recruited dual threat QB (Prater) a couple years ago when they won the title. He had video game passing stats. Wyoming was a pass heavy team. Just 4 years ago. They have evolved into a run heavy team. Is there a different coach or the same coach who really coach’s based on the type of talent they have or am
I talking about 2 different coaches here? It’s kind of odd the same coach can go from 2 different extremes. If it is the same coach then he’s a great coach.
Same coach

P
That kid was tremendous running the football though. Wyoming sealed the edge, and once he got outside with his long strides, he got huge chunks of yards. He was such a fluid runner

Let’s set the record straight on Linsly. They have an open roster. They can have kids show up well into August and play.

The also can potentially have the 19 year old 5th year seniors at times from all over the world.

They aren’t eligible for WV playoffs because they house kids from all over on campus.

I did set the record straight on Linsly. They don't have any of this "fifth-year" crap, and I explained how and why. I used to swim for the Wheeling Y, which was coached by Linsly's coach. I know quite a few people who have been involved with Linsly.

You don't know what you're talking about.

And this is the reality… 90% of teams in each perspective division stink.

I can’t grasp anyone saying “region is weak”. Sure it is….. Most divisions have maybe 2 contenders. OHSAA wants to take 16 teams. You gonna get a lot of terrible football across the state

I did set the record straight on Linsly. They don't have any of this "fifth-year" crap, and I explained how and why. I used to swim for the Wheeling Y, which was coached by Linsly's coach. I know quite a few people who have been involved with Linsly.

Sorry Buddy…... I know what I am talking about. They are a prep school that follows no rules and guidelines.

They absolutely have kids show up long after states require roster submissions.

How about the 2 Spaniards for hoops that just arrived recently?? One 6’8, One 7ft. They weren’t there in the summer.

Do the same stuff in football as well.

Where was the QB this past season from????? Washington PA…… What school in either Ohio or WV can have a QB who lives in another state play on its team???

The answer is zero,, except a Prep School.

Sorry Buddy…... I know what I am talking about. They are a prep school that follows no rules and guidelines.

They absolutely have kids show up long after states require roster submissions.

How about the 2 Spaniards for hoops that just arrived recently?? One 6’8, One 7ft. They weren’t there in the summer.

Do the same stuff in football as well.

Linsly is a prep school. That's an amazing discovery. Wow!

Kids show up at Linsly. That's just like how it happens at every other school.

I know this is possible. I went to a Catholic school in the fifth grade and a public school in the sixth grade. So, you just made another amazing discovery.

Of course, I said that Linsly doesn't accept seniors. They don't. You can start there as a junior and graduate. You can't start there as a senior.

It's nice to see a thread about the upcoming game and not a running commentary of grievances. I no longer live in Ohio (Olympic Peninsula Washington)
If you found 10 locals who heard of either of the two towns represented in this game, all 10 who had heard of one would only know the one town with those "grievances." When an out of town brother in law asked how Hartley was doing this season, and I said we were knocked out of the playoffs early by Steubenville the first thing he asked was that the "grievance" town?

Where was the QB this past season from????? Washington PA…… What school in either Ohio or WV can have a QB who lives in another state play on its team???

The answer is zero,, except a Prep School.

I bet you also know that it's a boarding school. Keep telling us all about your amazing discoveries.

-Wyoming defense is very very much for real.
-shutting out 10 of 14 opponents is no joke
-Only 1 team has scored more than 1 TD and that was during garbage time.
-“Big Red” better figure out how to move ball against 2 interior 265/270 lb tackles and very good DE
Secondary is loaded with athletes /defends extremely well

game won’t be close

you should check ArbiterLive. As little as 5 years ago they still were playing Bellsville in hoops.

Schedule use to always have mainly local teams.

Same in football.

I was only talking about football. I don't know much about their schedules in other sports.

I'm sorry you missed it. This is a football board.

Also, Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

I was only talking about football. I don't know much about their schedules in other sports.

I'm sorry you missed it. This is a football board.

Also, Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
Your point about juniors is funny as well. Just repeat junior year… Boom you still a 5th year senior. Lol

-Wyoming defense is very very much for real.
-shutting out 10 of 14 opponents is no joke
-Only 1 team has scored more than 1 TD and that was during garbage time.
-“Big Red” better figure out how to move ball against 2 interior 265/270 lb tackles and very good DE
Secondary is loaded with athletes /defends extremely well

game won’t be close
✍🏽……..