D IV State Semi-Final: Jefferson Area (11-3) vs Glenville (13-0) @ Perry Perry. “Hoosiers”. In real life.

Who wins?

• Glenville by 17+

Votes: 89 74.2%
  • Glenville by 8-16

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Glenville by 1-7

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Jefferson Area by 1-7

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Jefferson Area by 8-16

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jefferson Area by 17+

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

ICBM

This is a real life “Hoosiers” sequel.
A undermanned football team with 22 players, barely enough to run a practice, from out in the flat farmland of NE Ohio. No building in site more than two stories high. The town is painted red and black. A new coach with an unknown back ground. Im sure one of the boys involved is the son of a preacher. A team that got banged around a bit early in the season Only to have a “Jimmy Chitwood” figure in quarterback Grant Hitchcock take the team on his shoulders. A big strong inner city team rests on the horizon. All they need is to paint the bus red and head out to Canal Fulton where the coach pulls out a tape measure and let’s them know nothing else matters but how they play the game between the lines.

If this plays out to a state championship or even an appearance, movie makers will be knock in on doors in Jefferson.

Glenville wins this game. Of course, when a team like Jefferson has gotten this far, I won't count them out completely now. I'll take Glenville by ten.

Jefferson scores with three seconds left and runs “the picket fence” for the 2 point conversion to win the game!!!!
I'm right there with you until the final three words...if you change those to "make it 48-8!!!!!" then I agree. Heh.

The trickiest part of this score prediction is the Glenville two-point conversion success.

Glenville by three touchdowns. The Tarblooders had not been threatened much until this postseason outside of Avon.

This is a real life “Hoosiers” sequel.
A undermanned football team with 22 players, barely enough to run a practice, from out in the flat farmland of NE Ohio. No building in site more than two stories high. The town is painted red and black. A new coach with an unknown back ground. Im sure one of the boys involved is the son of a preacher. A team that got banged around a bit early in the season Only to have a “Jimmy Chitwood” figure in quarterback Grant Hitchcock take the team on his shoulders. A big strong inner city team rests on the horizon. All they need is to paint the bus red and head out to Canal Fulton where the coach pulls out a tape measure and let’s them know nothing else matters but how they play the game between the lines.

If this plays out to a state championship or even an appearance, movie makers will be knock in on doors in Jefferson.
Jefferson should be right at home at Canal Fulton Northwest. Out in the middle of nowhere. You sit in the stands looking around hoping not to hear banjo music.;)

Put either of those two teams, maybe even Perkins in any other region and they’re playing this week. Not their fault OHSAA loaded region 14.
Thanks for mentioning another team that isn't playing in this game. Go to the region 14 thread and talk about how great the teams are/were. Or, write a letter to the OHSAA telling them you want the top 8 in region 14 to compete in different regions next year so everybody has a chance to make it to the final 4.

Thanks for mentioning another team that isn't playing in this game. Go to the region 14 thread and talk about how great the teams are/were. Or, write a letter to the OHSAA telling them you want the top 8 in region 14 to compete in different regions next year so everybody has a chance to make it to the final 4.
I think you’re missing the point.

GVille with five TOs last night.

Doubtful that will happen again unless the weather is horrible.
Poor ball handling or did Van Wert force the turnovers? Did Glenville play that bad or was Van Wert their equal on the field?

The only reason the game was close for Glenville was the weather. Jefferson needs to pray for white out conditions. If the weather is dry and the field is good - expect a running clock to start the second half. I hate to rain on the Jefferson parade - but that is the reality.

I think you’re missing the point.
Are you saying that it's unfair that Glenville was in region 14 instead of 13, or division 4 instead of division 2? Or are you saying that it's unfair that Jefferson is in the final 4 because they didn't have to come out of region 14 like the rest of the "big dogs"? If you want to beat up on Steubenville, Jefferson, or Wyoming so bad, put them on the schedule next year. If I'm still missing the point, I apologize.

Are you saying that it's unfair that Glenville was in region 14 instead of 13, or division 4 instead of division 2? Or are you saying that it's unfair that Jefferson is in the final 4 because they didn't have to come out of region 14 like the rest of the "big dogs"? If you want to beat up on Steubenville, Jefferson, or Wyoming so bad, put them on the schedule next year. If I'm still missing the point, I apologize.
I think you don’t get that Van Wert, West Holmes and maybe Perkins beats Wyoming, Jefferson Area, and Steubenville. It’s a shame that the best teams in Ohio happened to be in the same region.

Put either of those two teams, maybe even Perkins in any other region and they’re playing this week. Not their fault OHSAA
The about Van Wert was that someone noted that Glenville barely beat them. And that was close. That reasoning is only relevant to this game if Van Wert and Jefferson are comparable. They are not. It’s not even close. That was the obvious point.

I don’t really care about the Van Wert-Glenville game. What I’m fairly certain of is that Glenville is considerably better than South Range, and SR obliterated Jefferson.

RUNNING. CLOCK. No doubt.

The about Van Wert was that someone noted that Glenville barely beat them. And that was close. That reasoning is only relevant to this game if Van Wert and Jefferson are comparable. They are not. It’s not even close. That was the obvious point.

I don’t really care about the Van Wert-Glenville game. What I’m fairly certain of is that Glenville is considerably better than South Range, and SR obliterated Jefferson.

RUNNING. CLOCK. No doubt.
Congratulations to South Range. Apparently it wasn't enough to obliterate Jefferson, you still want to come on here and :poop: on them every time they win a game. If West Branch won last night, would you be talking about how bad they were going to get smashed? Pretty sure 90% of people on this site picked Glenville to win state this year. How does it make you feel to say Jefferson is going to get running clocked by Glenville? Tough? Smart? Part of a clique? I'm pretty sure if WB won last night, you'd be saying something like..

"Congratulations Warriors! Best of luck going forward and I'll be rooting for you guys to knock off Glenville, it's a tall task, but the whole area is behind you! You just never know what can happen in the playoffs!"

You should learn some humility. SR has a really good team this year, and might win it all. Celebrate what those kids are doing, enjoy the success, and stop crapping on other schools that have also been successful. We get it, South Range obliterated their schedule, which included Jefferson.

I think you don’t get that Van Wert, West Holmes and maybe Perkins beats Wyoming, Jefferson Area, and Steubenville. It’s a shame that the best teams in Ohio happened to be in the same region.
Perkins lost to D-7 Warren JFK. I would question weather they belong in your grouping. And I don’t think any of them beat Wyoming. Wyomings starters gave up maybe 7 points all year. Defense wins championships.

Ummmm, ok.

Yeah, so my prediction for the game in this thread remains Glenville by a ton.

And I said I thought WB would get obliterated by Glenville when I thought they’d beat Jefferson. R13 is not good.

Perkins lost to D-7 Warren JFK. I would question weather they belong in your grouping. And I don’t think any of them beat Wyoming. Wyomings starters gave up maybe 7 points all year. Defense wins championships.
Wyoming is legit. They can beat Glenville.

Oh, and as to how it makes me feel to predict an outcome of a game in that game’s thread — appropriate and accurate. I do agree that running clock is a super easy pick.

I don’t reckon this is the only say nice things about Jefferson thread. It’s the Glenville-Jefferson thread. Seems a little silly people can’t predict the obvious but instead have to live in some fantasyland became it’s be nice to Jeff week.