D IV Reg. 14

CMorris_99

Getting pretty close to playoff time. I calculated some numbers and these are based on who I think will beat who, so these could change easily. I think the seeds will be:
1. Alter (10-0) 30.65
2. CM (10-0) 29.15
3. McNick (9-1) 27.55
4. Wyoming (9-1) 26.12
5. Taylor (9-1) 24.15
6. Circleville (8-2) 22.95
7. Miami Trace (7-3) 17.9
8. Jonathan Alder (7-3) 17.4

Just out
9. Fenwick (if they beat CJ)
10. Monroe (7-3)
11. Unioto (9-1)
12. Valley View (7-3)

Thoughts???

Week 15 should be interesting. As I recall the Alter vs CM game was by far the best game in Massie's state championship run. I believe CM was winning 21-14 with time running out and Alter was in the Massie red zone.

Week 15 should be interesting. As I recall the Alter vs CM game was by far the best game in Massie's state championship run. I believe CM was winning 21-14 with time running out and Alter was in the Massie red zone.
I was at that game and the following week's against Kenton. Not being from any of the schools involved...the CM v. Kenton was easily the best. It came down to the last couple minutes with a CM interception at the goaline to seal it (or maybe it was a fumble at the goaline). Week 15 is the championship week...?

Getting pretty close to playoff time. I calculated some numbers and these are based on who I think will beat who, so these could change easily. I think the seeds will be:
1. Alter (10-0) 30.65
2. CM (10-0) 29.15
3. McNick (9-1) 27.55
4. Wyoming (9-1) 26.12
5. Taylor (9-1) 24.15
6. Circleville (8-2) 22.95
7. Miami Trace (7-3) 17.9
8. Jonathan Alder (7-3) 17.4

Just out
9. Fenwick (if they beat CJ)
10. Monroe (7-3)
11. Unioto (9-1)
12. Valley View (7-3)

Thoughts???

Did you run the numbers for #9-12? If so, please add/share. I don't think Fenwick beats CJ. Monroe v. Bellbrook this week is a toss up...

I would think the 8 that make it in are what matters. Not sure why you think only the "top 2"?

Because the other 6 do not have a chance. As a matter a fact, as I stated before, Alter, C.M., Benedictine & Mooney are the only 4 who will win the championshiip. 4 contenders, the rest, pretenders.

Because the other 6 do not have a chance. As a matter a fact, as I stated before, Alter, C.M., Benedictine & Mooney are the only 4 who will win the championshiip. 4 contenders, the rest, pretenders.

Oh ok. So you have traveled all around Ohio and watched all the D-IV "pretenders"? Let alone the "4 contenders"? And another question. How in the heck can 4 teams "win the championship"?:dang:

Yes I did run the numbers. The Fenwick game is only if they beat CJ.

Fenwick - (with a win over CJ) 17.2 @ 6-4. Out with a loss for sure.
Monroe - (I think they will lose to Bellbrook) 16.4 @ 7-3. With a win they would finish @ 8-2 with 20.45 pts making the playoffs easily.
Unioto - (has to finish 9-1) schedule not helping. 15.35 @ 9-1.
Valley View - (with a win out) 14.2 @ 7-3.

I did not do the numbers for Norwood (I think they will lose to Western Brown and New Richmond), or Indian Hill ( I think they will lose to Wyoming and Taylor), and Minford (I think they will lose to Valley).

Remember, these are still predictions and nothing set in stone. One or two teams on somebody's schedule could upset someone and make a huge impact.

I think you hit the wrong carrot sir.

Alter<Mooney<Bennies< CM

^^^ That's what he actually meant. ;)

It doesn't matter what order you put theses teams in, they are the "Big 4". The only way one of these teams dosen't win the state championship, is if D11 plays D14 in the semi-finals and the winner of that game bus breaks down on the way to the finals and they have to forfit. Big 4, everyone else. :stirthepot:

It doesn't matter what order you put theses teams in, they are the "Big 4". The only way one of these teams dosen't win the state championship, is if D11 plays D14 in the semi-finals and the winner of that game bus breaks down on the way to the finals and they have to forfit. Big 4, everyone else. :stirthepot:
How can that be big four as Alter and Massie are in the same region? It'll be one or the other in the final four.

How can that be big four as Alter and Massie are in the same region? It'll be one or the other in the final four.

'm telling you CM and Alter are pretty good. I watch Alter last week and they are for real. CM is the defending state champ and they're for real. I haven't watch any of the northern teams but I'm telling you Alter and CM are very solid teams. I feel one of them will be in that game and I'm leaning toward Alter.

If Fenwick gets in at 8 will give them all they want 1 game in HS u never know D and O is better than when they played first time both Hinton boys back on D now and they are finding ways to get Jeffers ball on O making plays will be a tough out. Held CJ to 7 points tough!

If Fenwick gets in at 8 will give them all they want 1 game in HS u never know D and O is better than when they played first time both Hinton boys back on D now and they are finding ways to get Jeffers ball on O making plays will be a tough out. Held CJ to 7 points tough!

Fenwick is a very good team - no doubt better than when they played Alter. But Alter is a lot better, too. It would be great to see Fenwick make the playoffs, and I hope they play someone other than Alter, to keep the GCL in as long as possible.

Once again, these are only predictions. I calculated the numbers based on who I thought would win on each teams schedule.

1. Alter (10-0) 30.6 - winning over CJ
2. CM (10-0) 28.2 - winning over EC
3. McNick (9-1) 27.45 - winning over Badin - 23.4 with loss to Badin
4. Wyoming (9-1) 26.12 - winning over Finneytown
5. Taylor (9-1) 25.46 - winning over Indian Hill - the Indiana team they played could change the points a little possibly opening the door for Norwood
6. Norwood (8-2) 25.2 - winning over New Richmond - 21.5 with loss to NR
7. Circleville (7-3) 19.65 - winning over AC - 16.65 with loss to AC
8. Miami Trace (7-3) 17.45 - winning over Washington
9. Fenwick (6-4) 17.2 - winning over Carroll
10. Monroe (7-3) 16.9 - winning over Preble Shawnee

I believe that all of these 10 teams will win in their week 10 match up but you never know. Also, some upsets on the schedule could mess with the 7-10 seeds a lot.

I feel like the three most likely teams to lose this week would be Circleville (not playing real well and AC is). McNick (faces a tough GCL opponent). Norwood (coming off a big win and could let down). All three of these games are also road games for these teams.

I can guarantee alter would rather see maimi trace over Fenwick first round

The only reason I would like to see Miami trace is.....I would like for Fenwick to play massie. I think they would give them more of a game than most people think. Also.....I would like for the GCL teams to ride it out as long as possible.

The only reason I would like to see Miami trace is.....I would like for Fenwick to play massie. I think they would give them more of a game than most people think. Also.....I would like for the GCL teams to ride it out as long as possible.

Any idea why circleville isn't playing well anymore?