D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

Who wins?

• Hoban

Votes: 121 55.8%
  • Massillon

Votes: 96 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are your Ursuline Irish playing this weekend?
Lol...I love that you research my post history... kind of creepy but OK. You mean the four time state champion (actually won those ON the field) ursuline Irish? Yeah they got beat by a good Canfield team. I still managed to come on here and not disappear which seems to happen to many of your buddies year after year.

Lol...I love that you research my post history... kind of creepy but OK. You mean the four time state champion (actually won those ON the field) ursuline Irish? Yeah they got beat by a good Canfield team. I still managed to come on here and not disappear which seems to happen to many of your buddies year after year.
Creepy? Hanging out on the Massillon v Hoban forum just so you can gaslight Massillon fans? Quite creepy indeed:unsure:

Last edited:
Most everyone’s post history is available to review. Not creepy at all, just trying to find out if you are the typical anti-Massillon troll that posts on Yappi. Guess what you are. Regardless of how you and your fellow trollers feel, the Tigers have 24 titles, Ursuline has 4. In addition, the games that have been played between the two schools favor the Tigers, 6-3. By the way, those games were “played ON the field.”🐅

Most everyone’s post history is available to review. Not creepy at all, just trying to find out if you are the typical anti-Massillon troll that posts on Yappi. Guess what you are. Regardless of how you and your fellow trollers feel, the Tigers have 24 titles, Ursuline has 4. In addition, the games that have been played between the two schools favor the Tigers, 6-3. By the way, those games were “played ON the field.”🐅
24...??? Can you list who you defeated in those " championship" games? And why is it that if anyone says something negative they are a troll? Plenty of Massillon followers on other threads...24??? Put down the bottle bud:)

Yep, has anyone from Massillon denied we have transfers?
This is the part that I have never understood. The trolls make it sound like Massillon fans deny that they have and will continue to have transfers.
Hey loons - can any of you nut jobs find any Massillon fan denying that they get transfers?
I am a proud Massillon fan and I along with my fellow Tiger fans freely admit that they get transfers. And I would expect they will continue to get them. Kids/families want to be part of a strong, successful program with a head coach who does a great job marketing them for the next level. Seems like a no-brainer to me. But I guess I'm just one of those weird Massillonians - yup and proud of it!!!

Last edited:
24...??? Can you list who you defeated in those " championship" games? And why is it that if anyone says something negative they are a troll? Plenty of Massillon followers on other threads...24??? Put down the bottle bud:)
Please close your eyes, tap your heels three times and repeat: "I am a pathetic troll, I'm a pathetic troll, I'm a pathetic troll..."

You never answered my original question? Who does Ursuline play this weekend? I will do it for you. No where. 🐅24-4🐅

Here we go with this nonsense as usual. Everyone that hates Massillon your a-holes all start to pucker up every time they get close. At some point they’re going to win that last week of the year and then what’s the conversation?

This is the part that I have never understood. The trolls make it sound like Massillon fans deny that they have and will continue to have transfers.
Hey loons - can any of you nut jobs find any Massillon fan denying that they get transfers?
I am a proud Massillon fan and I along with my fellow Tiger fans freely admit that they get transfers. And I hope they continue to get them.
Agree. And, I think it's nice that inter-city and other kids have the option of transferring to a powerhouse public school instead of having to go to a parochial school. Yep, some Massillon grad whose dad was very good friends with Paul Brown and loved the Massillon Tigers endowed the progam with amazing facilites and has helped many other kids well beyond the football program.

The playing field has been leveled through open enrollment and some people just can't stand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go with this nonsense as usual. Everyone that hates Massillon your a-holes all start to pucker up every time they get close. At some point they’re going to win that last week of the year and then what’s the conversation?
Like said, if/when we do win it then they'll invalidate it too because it would be a D2 instead of a D1. They'll always find a way to dismiss and invalidate something they hate.

Gbulldog you can laugh all you want. Like I said your team won a single game one time and now you act like your kings of the world. I gave you guys credit last year for winning the game and I see you now living in our threads. Some of you are so pathetic to get on a high school football forum and try to clown a team/school that you have nothing to do with. What a sad existence some of you are

80 percent of the Massillon fans posts on here are nonsense nothing to do with the game. Hoban supporters don't post nonsense about st v or st eds or any other team or situation they just say they think they will beat Massillon and give reasons and stats why backed by facts. Massillon posters on here are really something else.

80 percent of the Massillon fans posts on here are nonsense nothing to do with the game. Hoban supporters don't post nonsense about st v or st eds or any other team or situation they just say they think they will beat Massillon and give reasons and stats why backed by facts. Massillon posters on here are really something else.
Ok you guys are perfect we get it. Go Hoban!

Sure, but there's no consequences to losing to St. Eds is week 5, so it's a lot easier to open it up a bit with young players. In a state semi, win or go home spot, coaches tend to play it tighter to the vest and stay in their comfort zone, unless you're a huge underdog.
In the playoffs this year the Tigers have ran the ball 176 times and passed 52. In all 4 games we have either not had to pass much or in the last 2 games the weather basically dictated it was going to be a ground and pound type of game plan.
I know 2020 doesn’t have anything to do with Friday night, but with that being said, in that game the Tigers couldn’t stop Hoban on the first drive when they basically ran it down our throats for 7 plays and 72 yds. Then on the Tigers 1st possession it was 3 and out on 3 running plays and then Hoban went 75 yds in 10 plays and the game was all but over.
The Tigers didn’t complete a pass until under 4 min left in the 1st half.
So when we are talking about opening up the playbook it’s more about mixing the run and pass game and maybe catching them off guard on a 1st and 10 or 2nd and short. If we run Hartson on our base plays and go 3 and out early in the game, all that will do is give Hoban all the momentum and then we will get desperate on offense going forward. Although this is the best Tiger rush D I have watched in a long long time so it will be interesting to watch that chess match.
The bottom line is we have to contain Sperling the best we can, he is going to get his yards just like Hartson is going to get his but there has to be different formations and plays mixed in or this will turn into a game like 2020. We have watched too many “close to the vest, comfort zones” fail in the final 4 or title game.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here being a lifetime Tiger fan, but first a little back story. My Dad was a lifelong Tiger fan, only missing 5 games since 1965, until ALS took his away his ability to go, and ultimately took his life this past January. In that time frame he attended over 615 Varsity games, myself attending over half of them with him. That total doesnt include practices, scrimmages and the underclassmen games he attended as well. When I was a young child before the computer generated points, I spent my Saturday mornings looking up scores in the AP results in the paper while my Dad did the computer points by hand. I spent a lifetime going to all the games with him, all the special memories of decades of away games, to Altoona, Indiana, Cincinnati and all the other great cities the Tigers have played. All of our special Beat McKinley breakfasts we had as a family, always playing the 1974 vinyl record of Bill Caples and the Eddie George pass. My family has lived and breathed Tiger football since 1965. It's part of us, and we have a lifetime of memories to share and remember my Dad and all that he experienced. That's what it means to be a Tiger. I will continue my Dad's lifelong passion and continue to be a fan , forever and always. To all the naysayers out there saying Massillon blah blah can't win, blah. Massillon has by far been the most successful team in the county the last 5 years, and the D2 teams that have won the title in many of those years would have won the D1 title as well, it hasn't been an easy route to the championship. For the Tigers to win on Friday they need to be able to throw the ball, eliminate unnecessary penalties, and contain Sperling, and last but not least, believe in themselves. This is the best defensive line and linebackers we've had in awhile, and the offense is capable of mixing it up and making plays. Massillon Always...TIG!

Agree. And, I think it's nice that inter-city and other kids have the option of transferring to a powerhouse public school instead of having to go to a parochial school where they have to eat the flesh and drink the blood of some dude that died 2000+ years ago and they are beholden to some rich dude who paid his $15,000/yr "scholarship." Yep, some Massillon grad whose dad was very good friends with Paul Brown and loved the Massillon Tigers endowed the progam with amazing facilites and has helped many other kids well beyond the football program.

The playing field has been leveled through open enrollment and some people just can't stand it.
Wow. The first part of this comment is just plain scary and sad. Can’t believe this stuff is still tolerated. 100% believe every kid should have the right to choose to go to a different school (private or public) and that the public schools don’t have the rights to every kid in their district.

Now that being said you do not know how a Catholic education works if you think they push the Catholic religion down one’s throat. There are Jewish, Muslim, atheist, Hindu, and other Christian faiths that all attend Catholic education and walk the campus in solidarity with each other. Yes they have to learn about the Catholic faith but no one not even non practicing Catholics are forced to take the sacred Eucharist. So do better.

Yes it is fun to poke fun at Massillon football but this comment has no right to be in a high school sports forum.

Gbulldog you can laugh all you want. Like I said your team won a single game one time and now you act like your kings of the world. I gave you guys credit last year for winning the game and I see you now living in our threads. Some of you are so pathetic to get on a high school football forum and try to clown a team/school that you have nothing to do with. What a sad existence some of you are
As I said about a year and a half ago, I used to be a fan of Massillon. Went to a lot of games with my uncle growing up. But there are Massillon guys on Yappi that make it hard to like them. Not all, but plenty of them. I live in Green and support their sports programs. I act like " the king of the world " because the way Massillon posters (not all) discredit the win. That kind of pompous attitude makes me respond the way I do. Massillon posters "clown" other threads as much as anyone else....dont act like the victim.

You never answered my original question? Who does Ursuline play this weekend? I will do it for you. No where. 🐅24-4🐅
Umm if you look at post #275 I sure did answer your question. I said they lost to a good Canfield team. Now... about my question...??? Should I rephrase it?

As I said about a year and a half ago, I used to be a fan of Massillon. Went to a lot of games with my uncle growing up. But there are Massillon guys on Yappi that make it hard to like them. Not all, but plenty of them. I live in Green and support their sports programs. I act like " the king of the world " because the way Massillon posters (not all) discredit the win. That kind of pompous attitude makes me respond the way I do. Massillon posters "clown" other threads as much as anyone else....dont act like the victim.
Question: so if you went from “fan” to hatred due to a few dudes on this site and now troll every Massillon thread as a result what is the problem with some Massillon folks doing the same to area schools threads because lord knows there are annoying fans posting on here from every school. I used to never give a darn about Green but you alone have made me dislike them 😂

Wow. The first part of this comment is just plain scary and sad. Can’t believe this stuff is still tolerated. 100% believe every kid should have the right to choose to go to a different school (private or public) and that the public schools don’t have the rights to every kid in their district.

Now that being said you do not know how a Catholic education works if you think they push the Catholic religion down one’s throat. There are Jewish, Muslim, atheist, Hindu, and other Christian faiths that all attend Catholic education and walk the campus in solidarity with each other. Yes they have to learn about the Catholic faith but no one not even non practicing Catholics are forced to take the sacred Eucharist. So do better.

Yes it is fun to poke fun at Massillon football but this comment has no right to be in a high school sports forum.
I graduated from a Catholic HS - I very well know how it works. VERY WELL. I speak from years of experience. Thank god I didn't practice the rhythm method that was preached to us in senior marriage and family class cuz I would have been broke paying child support before graduating. Oh yeah, and the pregnant girl in our graduating class that wasn't allowed to be in in graduation - how's that for "love?" They sure did shove it down her throat! I'm with Carlin - it's all BS (and "Spooky Language") that's my opinion. Blah, blah, blah....sorry to step on your sensitive toes there buddy.

But you're right - let's get back to football.

Question: so if you went from “fan” to hatred due to a few dudes on this site and now troll every Massillon thread as a result what is the problem with some Massillon folks doing the same to area schools threads because lord knows there are annoying fans posting on here from every school. I used to never give a darn about Green but you alone have made me dislike them 😂
No problem at all...carry on. I didnt bring it up.

This match up is crazy good. 🙏 This is game is on TV. I know it has been said hundreds of times but this game should be played every year during the regular season.
Simple solution, football only conference Massillon, Hoban, and 4 more teams like maybe Fitch, Saint V, Harding, Boardman. Well that is next year but this year I see this being the year the Tigers win it all starting with a 42 - 35 win this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.