D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

Who wins?

• Hoban

Votes: 121 55.8%
  • Massillon

Votes: 96 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

In 2019 was this interpreted as some sign of disrespect to old Washington High? It's a stadium, with bathrooms and concession stands on both sides. Were fewer available because Washington was relegated to the sub-standard side?
It’s because the away side holds more.
So ya obviously i know more then you. Feel free to troll and JR all week. 🙄

Let’s be honest this game will come down to which D can “contain” the other teams running game. Both teams will pass to keep the other D honest, Massillon would have a slight edge if they can get Banks involved.
I would think this will be a battle like the 2019 game.

Couldn’t find it at first

30350246-2CBC-4AFE-83F8-B61C0B2FAF3C.jpeg

I don’t understand why ohsaa had two different pairings depending on who won the Toledo Central Catholic vs Avon game winner. Anyone know the reasoning?

It's been like that for years when Stark teams are in Region 7. If I had to take a guess it's because it's easier to send a Cincinnati team up 75 and a Toledo team down 75 to play each other. Compared to Matching up a Toledo school and a Akron area school and finding a venue in between. But really I don't know why it makes a difference with Avon. They are only like 5 miles farther away from the Massillon area. So it's basically a tie. So no real reason why a Stark team would travel to Columbus makes more sense compared to Avon. So who really knows.

It's been like that for years when Stark teams are in Region 7. If I had to take a guess it's because it's easier to send a Cincinnati team up 75 and a Toledo team down 75 to play each other. Compared to Matching up a Toledo school and a Akron area school and finding a venue in between. But really I don't know why it makes a difference with Avon. They are only like 5 miles farther away from the Massillon area. So it's basically a tie. So no real reason why a Stark team would travel to Columbus makes more sense compared to Avon. So who really knows.
If it doesn't make much a difference, the OHSAA always choose to maximize the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.