D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Winner?

• Washington

Votes: 105 42.0%
  • Archbishop Hoban

Votes: 145 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you reallly comparing a very good JUCO player to a player who committed to Alabama AND another with an offer from Alabama and Florida? That’s like comparing apples and oranges or voted titles and playoff titles.

This. ^^?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch of this game next year. Who are the top returning players for each team? Any rumored transfers in the works?

Wait, so Pitymore joined Yappi 1 1/2 years ago but remembers what my2sense posted 2 years ago? Does she seem like a gal who would read yappi and not post for 6 months?
Or Heff, chiefy jones, Sam the Butcher?

Wow - I'm never far from Janet Leigh Pitymore's mind lol. Now he's making up quotes from 2 years ago?!? Man that massive curb stomping is a week old now and he's still hurting. Sad.

I know math is hard for you but saying two 5 star kids missing the game meant more than 1 five star kid missing a game seems accurate to the rest of us. Dope. Here's some math homework to help you - say one team scores 35 and the other has 6 - that's a huge difference, right?

And where is Jamir? After 4 years of Massillon education he couldn't get in a D1 school? He was certainly smart enough - he was eligible all through his HS years at Massillon ?‍♂️
#1) That "made up" quote can be confirmed on page 100, post #24, on a thread titled "Thomas out for Massillon". More evidence that you're a liar.

#2) You didn't say that "missing two 5 star kids meant more than missing 1", you never said such a thing.

#3) the score that you posted wasn't the score in either game. You sure have a history of lying.

What impact did Ballard have vs. LaSalle? He's going to Ohio State. (1 catch 5 yards). Payne was a critical blow. Agreed. But at same time to say Massillon losing their all-time leading rusher in school history, 1st team all-OH, and excellent lb, 5 days before the championship, already as the underdog, was not critical, is stupid. Can't have it both ways. That's all.
Tiger Paw you are an intelligent poster regardless of how 2 cents takes it to you guys every day lol I love reading how you guys go at it. But Cmon man Ballard was getting doubled every game. Teams weren't going to let him beat them by playing him 1 on 1. He is going to Ohio State for a reason, he was an all American for a reason and those type kids drive a Defensive Coordinator nuts preparing for. So yes if you double Ballard play man up on Johnson and lamp. How many guys are now in the box. My point exactly, his production may have been down but Hartson loved running vs 7 than 8 & he can thank Mr. Ballard for that

We agree DC. Injuries suck. Avon last year played with several. I know WW has experienced it. Of course it has an impact. But you don't get to pick and choose depending on which team you like or dislike. That was directed to pcphuck aka mysenslessass. And they don't have to be Alabama recruits. Branam, Hamm, Longwell last year, probably Hartson and even Catrone would be more impactful. Like you said Massillon had solid 2nd & 3rd receivers. And a solid replacement for Ballard. He would not have been critical. Thomas in 18 was critical. Ditto Payne this year. The db, yes but less so. Ditto Venson and 2 other starters Massillon was missing. That's football.

Last edited:
It's called doing research, page 100, "Thomas out for Massillon" thread....post 24. It's not THAT hard, honestly.

You do understand that you took the time to go back to page 100 on yappi to compare losing a JUCO player to TWO players with Alabama offers.

The Lasalle game came down to a few plays yet your brain was thinking “I’m going to go back 2 years to see what my2sense said about Thomas being out against Hoban”.

You do understand that you took the time to go back to page 100 on yappi to compare losing a JUCO player to TWO players with Alabama offers.

The Lasalle game came down to a few plays yet your brain was thinking “I’m going to go back 2 years to see what my2sense said about Thomas being out against Hoban”.
"Took the time?" Lol....you act like I needed to take a leave from work to accomplish this "mission." Took less than 2 minutes.

I know you're stupid but you're really going the extra mile here. Those without bias will see the hypocritical comments. Not divert from, or make excuses for them.

Ballard is a talent but I am going to have to see him in a Buckeyes uniform before I believe it. I think he's one of those early commits who's going to end up elsewhere in the end. He'll play football on Saturdays but I don't see it being in Columbus.

Correct.

Jane Leigh Pitymore always worried about me. Weird.

Hey Jane - putting quotation marks around made up words doesn't make them a quote. Yappi has a way to quote others' posts. Try to use that.

I'm not sure where a kid's going to college is necessarily reflective of his value to his high school team. Hoban has some P5 players but the loss Hamm who may end up at an Ivy or a place like Dayton, would hurt more than any of those P5 kids. If Massillon were to lose a guy like Nick Liebler it could cause more trouble than the loss of one of their more recruited players. It's about more than measurables.

"Took the time?" Lol....you act like I needed to take a leave from work to accomplish this "mission." Took less than 2 minutes.

I know you're stupid but you're really going the extra mile here. Those without bias will see the hypocritical comments. Not divert from, or make excuses for them.

I wouldn’t have spent a second trying to compare the loss of a JUCO player to the loss of TWO players with Alabama offers . Who’s the stupid one again?

I wouldn’t have spent a second trying to compare the loss of a JUCO player to the loss of TWO players with Alabama offers . Who’s the stupid one again?
First of all, not sure you understand JUCO. Guess Cam Newton or Aaron Rogers wouldn't have made a difference in their teams state championship games. Secondly, those two kids have offers, that all it is right now....is an offer. Jamir had offers from Washington St., Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan St., Ole Miss, Pitt, West Virginia among others.

Secondly, read Clarks post....I think you may have missed it, it was well worded.

So....to answer your question....you're still the stupid one.

First of all, not sure you understand JUCO. Guess Cam Newton or Aaron Rogers wouldn't have made a difference in their teams state championship games. Secondly, those two kids have offers, that all it is right now....is an offer. Jamir had offers from Washington St., Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan St., Ole Miss, Pitt, West Virginia among others.

Secondly, read Clarks post....I think you may have missed it, it was well worded.

“Aaron Rogers”

Lol. Yeah, I’m the stupid one.

First of all, I understand JUCO fine thanks. The fact that you are comparing Cam Newton, who was forced to go to JUCO because he was going to be expelled from Florida, and "Aaron Rogers", who transferred to Cal after 1 highly successful year in JUCO, to Jamir Thomas is simply laughable.

Secondly, Devonta Smith is verbally committed to Alabama. It's more than just an offer. I'd explain it to you but there's no way someone of your intellect would understand.

Thirdly, you used secondly twice. The intelligent would use thirdly (like I did) instead of using secondly twice.

So are we saying Ballard had no value to the Tigers? Are we saying opposing defenses should've played him 1 on 1? You guys may not like his antics but he had the mismatch every game. Did you expect him to look great with a 1st yr starter add being double teams. Idk where the kid may land i wish him the best i know we love him down here at Cincinnati. Go to drop in production from the wide receiver position and you see Lamp production dropped because of the inexperienced quarterback. It happens no shot & any kid but if im a DC im taking away Ballard 1st & force the other guys to beat me. Hoban beat Massillon w the front 7 they never needed to consistently play w 8 in box leaving Ballard 1on1.

So my2nutz is a Hoban fan now. I guess I would be too if the top three teams in the league he coveted got their kicked by the team Hoban beat in the state championship game. That tells me that the league he followed is trash. And are so far from competing for a title it’s embarrassing.

What else are she or her screen names going to do? Or the one-off Jackson or Green troll?

In fairness you don't see other Mckinley or FL fans in general crying like this, or claiming them. Pretty much all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.