D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Winner?

• Washington

Votes: 105 42.0%
  • Archbishop Hoban

Votes: 145 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore isn’t the problem, it’s his coordinators. Both sides

Aw cmon. Who hired them? And Moore can't tell them to change something?

Maybe the reality is that they are putting kids in position to succeed given their skill sets. But their skill sets are not what fans see. You all talked about these transfers at the beginning of the year like they were all world. Outside of the Massillon echo chamber where you guys get everyone all worked up, maybe these kids are good but not all you wish. Its a weird group psychoses ritual that fans do but is unfair to the kids and coaches.

Post-game photo. It appears there is a kid knocked out.
1606392601519.png

Serious question. Post game interview a player said someone was ring chasing and they got him one, apparently he is from Columbus?

How does that work? Does he have to move to Akron? Stay with someone? Sit ku any games?

I am just curious and trying to understand how the whole private school thing works.

Serious question. Post game interview a player said someone was ring chasing and they got him one, apparently he is from Columbus?

How does that work? Does he have to move to Akron? Stay with someone? Sit ku any games?

I am just curious and trying to understand how the whole private school thing works.

As I understand it that was Kirk. He moved to Akron from Dublin because he missed his family (eye roll). He didn't have to sit as it was a "legitimate" move. Here's an article from the Beacon-

was21
As I understand it that was Kirk. He moved to Akron from Dublin because he missed his family (eye roll). He didn't have to sit as it was a "legitimate" move. Here's an article from the Beacon-

I'm new to this forum, so I may have missed when it was covered. Any Buchtel boys, Beachwood boy(s) make a "legitimate" move to Massillon this season (no eye roll)?

Owax
You should look up the transfer rules on the OHSAA website. You will find your answers there.
Please save me the effort, please specifically define which players and the circumstances, OHSAA RULES that apply.

You seem to be on top of the issue, innuendo is a waste of everyone's time....Happy Thanksgiving.

Golly Gosh, I could have figured out how to get the rule....I was hoping you would name the boys who legitimately moved into Massillon to participate.

You must know who they are since you asserted the OHSAA SITE WOULD DEFINE WHY THEY WOULD BE THERE W/O infraction. God bless these kids, I want to cheer for them because they acted righteously......as opposed to the Hoban boy whose motives and legitimacy get questioned regularly by name.

Joined yesterday with a basket full of questions about Massillon....hmmm, not suspicious at all.
Let me try to ease your suspicions. I started an account after, as I monitored, I noticed a lot of rocks getting tossed toward the Hoban house. I has just pitching the rocks back toward where they seemed to be coming.....I apologize, it appears that I may have broken some panes at some very glassy houses.

Let me try to ease your suspicions. I started an account after, as I monitored, I noticed a lot of rocks getting tossed toward the Hoban house. I has just pitching the rocks back toward where they seemed to be coming.....I apologize, it appears that I may have broken some panes at some very glassy houses.
Lol. Yeah....ok. that's the universal excuse.

Hmmm, your posting history shows that NOT ONE of your posts are in response to "rocks being tossed toward the Hoban house."

Guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you admitted to lying just several posts back.
Is that what I actually admitted?..... But, thanks for the benefit of the doubt. Going forward, I will try to better cite when I toss those stones in the direction of glass house denizens.

Seriously, Happy Thanksgiving

Here is why 2scent is the poster child for hypocrisy.

When Jamir Thomas was injured in the 2018 Winton Woods game and it was announced he would not be playing in the Title game vs Hoban, our pal 2scent said....

"will Mass fan use it as an excuse? Absolutely."

Fast forward two years....LaSalle is down a couple of players....Massillon beats them....what does 2scent say?

He says....

"LaSalle wasn't down two starters, they were down two huge play makers and power 5 recruits....it made a difference."

I mean....you honestly can't make this stuff up. Lol.

Well, since you can’t answer a simple question about a player you brought up, I had to look it up.
Thomas matriculated to Iowa Western Community College.
Are you reallly comparing a very good JUCO player to a player who committed to Alabama AND another with an offer from Alabama and Florida?
That’s like comparing apples and oranges or voted titles and playoff titles.

Well, since you can’t answer a simple question about a player you brought up, I had to look it up.
Thomas matriculated to Iowa Western Community College.
Are you reallly comparing a very good JUCO player to a player who committed to Alabama AND another with an offer from Alabama and Florida?
That’s like comparing apples and oranges or voted titles and playoff titles.
Glad you said it

Wow - I'm never far from Janet Leigh Pitymore's mind lol. Now he's making up quotes from 2 years ago?!? Man that massive curb stomping is a week old now and he's still hurting. Sad.

I know math is hard for you but saying two 5 star kids missing the game meant more than 1 five star kid missing a game seems accurate to the rest of us. Dope. Here's some math homework to help you - say one team scores 35 and the other has 6 - that's a huge difference, right?

And where is Jamir? After 4 years of Massillon education he couldn't get in a D1 school? He was certainly smart enough - he was eligible all through his HS years at Massillon ?‍♂️

Glad you said it

What impact did Ballard have vs. LaSalle? He's going to Ohio State. (1 catch 5 yards). Payne was a critical blow. Agreed. But at same time to say Massillon losing their all-time leading rusher in school history, 1st team all-OH, and excellent lb, 5 days before the championship, already as the underdog, was not critical, is stupid. Can't have it both ways. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.