D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Winner?

• Washington

Votes: 105 42.0%
  • Archbishop Hoban

Votes: 145 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Massillon would have lost last week, do they still offer to host or is this rooted in they get a home game for a title?
C'mon man. Thats an easy answer

Massillon is the only stadium in Ohio that could host the games. They saved the OHSAA!!

Everyone entering the stadium when they go past to statue of Paul Brown should say a prayer to him, He is now Lord Paul and Massillon Washington high school is our savior Don't none of you ever forget that in 2020 we had to turn to our Lord and Savior to save high school football

Everyone entering the stadium when they go past to statue of Paul Brown should say a prayer to him, He is now Lord Paul and Massillon Washington high school is our savior Don't none of you ever forget that in 2020 we had to turn to our Lord and Savior to save high school football
Well you would’ve needed to win last week for us to be your savior soooo

Are you 8 years old? What a juvenile post? Are you still hurting from last Friday?

Well you would’ve needed to win last week for us to be your savior soooo
Not really. Don't forget that your coach now is the one who rescued football at La Salle, and Paul Brown gave us an NFL team. Nate Moore as AD at Massillon was the one who called the OHSAA telling them we can host all the games right here. Nate rescued La Salle football, now he is rescueing football for the entire state. He should be everyone's hero without a doubt even the Massillon haters have to respect what he did.

Not really. Don't forget that your coach now is the one who rescued football at La Salle, and Paul Brown gave us an NFL team. Nate Moore as AD at Massillon was the one who called the OHSAA telling them we can host all the games right here. Nate rescued La Salle football, now he is rescueing football for the state. He should be everyone's hero without a doubt even the Massillon haters have to respect what he did.

No, Nate Moore built LaSalle’s program. The Lancers were insignificant before that.

Speaking from experience (grew up from 0-18 in Massillon, then lived in Akron during college and later moved to Florida after college), the maxim that "If you're not from here, you'll never understand" that gets repeated ad nauseam during Massillon-McKinley week holds true all of the time.

With the death of Fawcett stadium and the watering down of McKinley and CCS's ability to actually control their stadium, PBTS is the only place for the finals to be played in Stark County. Let's hope it's a permanent shift after this year.

Canton can't be trusted to host an event during COVID, they had standing water in the front row of the upper deck at Tom Benson for last year's final, and who knows if the NFL will even allow Canton do it moving forward.

The headline today should be "In Unprecedented Moment, Ohio High School Football Comes Home".

Here's to hoping the Tigers carry a Championship trophy across Paul E. Brown drive tomorrow night and bring this thing home!

TIG!

Thank you.

With 4,000 spots everyone allowed on site can park their own car. I guess they'll probably funnel folks into 1 or 2 lots where volunteers will direct traffic. West side is the home seating so you'll want to park over by the high school if you get the chance. I would not be surprised to see some Massillon folks without tickets parking their cars to be close or walking to the stadium to sneak a peak through the open corners of the stadium while streaming the game on their phones :).

Screenshot 2020-11-19 170556.png

Speaking from experience (grew up from 0-18 in Massillon, then lived in Akron during college and later moved to Florida after college), the maxim that "If you're not from here, you'll never understand" that gets repeated ad nauseam during Massillon-McKinley week holds true all of the time.

With the death of Fawcett stadium and the watering down of McKinley and CCS's ability to actually control their stadium, PBTS is the only place for the finals to be played in Stark County. Let's hope it's a permanent shift after this year.

Canton can't be trusted to host an event during COVID, they had standing water in the front row of the upper deck at Tom Benson for last year's final, and who knows if the NFL will even allow Canton do it moving forward.

The headline today should be "In Unprecedented Moment, Ohio High School Football Comes Home".

Here's to hoping the Tigers carry a Championship trophy across Paul E. Brown drive tomorrow night and bring this thing home!

TIG!

The Fed is what "watered down" McKinley football.

And while you're talking about it, don't forget that 30 some thousand dollar electric bill that they had to pay the day before the 19 Massillon mckinley game.

Agreed. If you're going to move it on such short notice, you might as well send it to Massillon, where the infrastructure is in place, volunteers and staff have experienced it before, and frankly, I think Massillon is better able to handle it than Benson right now from a logistical standpoint given the timeframe. Other than the small window to prepare, this is a lay-up because you're only accommodating 1500 people.

I'm certain the OHSAA knows this isn't ideal. I credit Hoban for agreeing to it.
2 things regarding your post.
1. I'm guessing (and that's all it is), that Massillon probably even said to the OHSAA you can use it for free. That always helps to get the game at your house.
2. I'm not sure Hoban "agreed" per se, I think OHSAA said this is where we are moving the games.
3. Even if Hoban isn't fond of the idea: 1. It's closer for their fans than Columbus. 2. I'm sure if you asked their coach to play it a dump field somewhere or cancel the game, he's playing wherever they send them.

Not really. Don't forget that your coach now is the one who rescued football at La Salle, and Paul Brown gave us an NFL team. Nate Moore as AD at Massillon was the one who called the OHSAA telling them we can host all the games right here. Nate rescued La Salle football, now he is rescueing football for the entire state. He should be everyone's hero without a doubt even the Massillon haters have to respect what he did.

The combination of butt-hurt and sour grapes doesn't look good on you son. Give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.