D II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (10-0) vs. Massillon (10-1)

Winner?

• Washington

Votes: 105 42.0%
  • Archbishop Hoban

Votes: 145 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's code for "I'm being made to look bad here so I'll get a mod to get rid of the evidence. Now let's talk about the game only."
Keep dreaming, I figure I’ll let the girls dance in here all afternoon. I’ll just keep pulling the strings. Although as big as you are you will need high tension line to keep you dancing. ?

two very good teams, watched Hoban beat our team, St. Eds, soundly. Even though we turned the ball over, they were solid all over.

I'm a long-time Hoban fan (back from the dark, dark days of the 90s), and finally had a chance to see games and highlights this week from the season. Hoban's defense is stellar - such an impressive string of stops on all manner of top talent. I find it likely that they hold Massillon to 21 or under. The big question in my mind is whether or not Hoban's offense is able to match that score, as Massillon's defense seems just as good. I suspect that a turnover or missed kick will provide the margin here, and the first one to 21 likely wins. The O/U of 41.5 seems right to me - best of luck to both teams.
Great assessment

Teams are pretty even with a few exceptions.

Massillon has a great punter. If he plays a big part it means they are not achieving first downs. Not good

Hoban has a great QB. Shane Hamm is the difference in this game. General and coach on the field that makes plays in multiple ways. Doesn't make mistakes. Has started 50 plus games at a high level. 49-3 as a starter.

Hoban 28-21

Massillon 33.8 ppg - 12.5
Hoban 38 - 7.5

Two evenly matched teams that have balance on offense and a strong D. As most games are this game will be won in the trenches, the Tigers have had the advantage all season but not this week. This is the best front 7 by far that the Tigers will have played. I don’t believe anything is going to be easy for either team. Ill be shocked if this game isn’t similar to last year, a grind’em out slugfest. The special teams play will be huge.

Great points 22 and 82.. couldn't agree more..bleed orange also...

Is it Friday yet?

Don't know if we LL win...won't change my breathing if we don't...

I just feel it in my bones...this is going to be a good one..

Copley Kiiiiiing! You and your infinite wisdom think you have the answers? You think you're gonna have an answer? All I know is this: all Copley has is Copley Feed. Copley Feed runs radio ads all day on WNIR. Copley Feed has dog collars and leashes. Indiscretions you can't hide.

The Tigers will be in a warm flow like Plusquellic on a golf course tree and Hoban will be all wet.

NO. PRISONERS.
?.....?....

The other thread closed before I could answer the real Egret so here:

OK - one more time just since its you. An asterisk denotes a significant difference as compared to other season. Example: The MLB 1994 season ended on August 11. Denotations appear with stats from such seasons. Also when you look up World Series Champions 1994 there's an asterisk that says "No World Series due to strike".

The asterisk this year does not denote an inferior or diminished title. An asterisk will be included for posterity to show a shortened regular season and everyone made the playoffs, an aberration from previous seasons due to Covid.

Only in the group psychoses that is Massillon fan does the presence of an asterisk for informational purposes equate to some diss. The asterisk will appear in sports annals in professional, college and high school chronicles of this year. Not just in Massillon.

Well I guess you can quit advocating for it in an unprompted and off topic way in every thread and we'll just wait for it in the record books.

The other thread closed before I could answer the real Egret so here:

OK - one more time just since its you. An asterisk denotes a significant difference as compared to other season. Example: The MLB 1994 season ended on August 11. Denotations appear with stats from such seasons. Also when you look up World Series Champions 1994 there's an asterisk that says "No World Series due to strike".

The asterisk this year does not denote an inferior or diminished title. An asterisk will be included for posterity to show a shortened regular season and everyone made the playoffs, an aberration from previous seasons due to Covid.

Only in the group psychoses that is Massillon fan does the presence of an asterisk for informational purposes equate to some diss. The asterisk will appear in sports annals in professional, college and high school chronicles of this year. Not just in Massillon.
Beating Hoban and La Salle in the same year would nullify any stupid asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.