D-4 Willard District

bigboy97

The other three D4 districts headed to Canton have a thread so might as well add this one.
Winner of this gets the Struthers winner for regional semis. Top 3 have been ranked in the state the last couple polls

Lucas 12-0
St Paul 11-2
SC 12-2
Mohawk 9-7
St Marys 8-6
Monroeville 7-7
Plymouth 7-7
Crestline 6-7
New London 5-9
St Pete 3-9
Buckeye Central 2-12
Mans Christian 0-9
Danbury 0-13

This is more than likely a three horse race. My Cubs beat St. Paul in last year's sectional final and got the best of South Central earlier this year. Should be an exciting bracket.

Last edited:
What in the world happened to St.Peters this season,they need to hit the recruiting trail a little harder LOL

What in the world happened to St.Peters this season,they need to hit the recruiting trail a little harder LOL
They graduated some fantastic players two-three years ago. The kids they brought in have not panned out. They'll be back ,no doubt, but it may be awhile.

Yea I remember that group a few years ago,they had there coaches son that played for them,got to regionals that year ran into Conerstone Christian team that was loaded, probably same thing going to happen this year who ever gets to the Canton regional,will have to deal with Richmond Hts.which is loaded again with all there transfers

FWIW, South Central will be in Trucker Nation this evening. Last year's game went to OT, so stealing one from Norwalk could really enhance the resume'.

South Central takes it to the Truckers, 62-45. Meanwhile, St. Paul lost their 2nd time this week(3rd for the year), losing to a solid D2 squad in the Huron Tigers, 58-52.

South Central takes it to the Truckers, 62-45. Meanwhile, St. Paul lost their 2nd time this week(3rd for the year), losing to a solid D2 squad in the Huron Tigers, 58-52.
I took my grandson to that game, first time I have seen Huron, but have heard a lot about them. Huron is really really good not too many teams have a pair of 6'5 guys playing guard and posting up. And they both can hit threes like all good guards. Best team the Flyers have faced this year. And We go to them all.

This is more than likely a three horse race. My Cubs beat St. Paul in last year's district semis and got the best of South Central earlier this year. Should be an exciting bracket.
Sectional Finals if I remember right.

SC Win over Norwalk was a big win for them on the road. Think they are 3-0 vs D2 schools this year and have 2 more left to play.
Lucas has a big week as does St Paul. If St Paul drops 1 or both this week they will be the 3 seed more than likely

Sounds like the flu bug is hitting the area.. Read where Lucas is battling through it and heard some other teams around have 5-10 guys out of school.

This district is very intriguing. It will be interesting who the 3 seed decides to go after. Who do they think their better match up is.

The flu hit Lucas hard. 85 students out on Friday. They cancelled all after school activities and postponed all games. Lucas will finally get back on the court tonight. They stand 14-1 with their sole loss coming at Waynedale with Niswander not playing and Hauger playing sick.

Interesting that they send this district back to Canton after going to the NW Ohio regional the last few years and once or twice to Central Ohio.

Interesting that they send this district back to Canton after going to the NW Ohio regional the last few years and once or twice to Central Ohio.
The Willard district winner has gone to Canton the past two seasons. Both those years there were six districts for Northwest Ohio.

With five districts this season, it would have made all sorts of sense to send the Willard winner to BG. Instead the decision was made to send the Wapak winner to BG.

Lucas gets to 15-1 winning at D3 Crestview 78-60. Logan Niswander knocked down 43 points, making 9 threes. Both school records.

Last edited:
If I had to rank them right now...

1. Lucas
2. South Central
3. St. Paul
4. Mohawk
5. Crestline
6. St. Mary's
7. Monroeville
8. Plymouth
9. St. Peter's
10. New London
11. Buckeye Central
12. Mansfield Christian
13. Danbury

New London will get the nod over St Pete imo, Excited to see this bracket on sunday should be a fun one!
You may be right. I have seen both teams play. St. Peter's twice. I think in a H2H matchup, I would take Jakubick to outcoach Howell.

Looking forward to Sunday as well!

Crestline shouldn't be the #5. Much improved but under .500 against OHSAA teams and no wins against teams .500 or better.

IF Sandusky St. Mary is healthy, they can be a factor.

Bracket is out...Thoughts?

Looking like Lucas/St. Mary's and South Central/St. Paul semis.
Anyone think Mohawk could shock St. Paul and make some noise?
I think it goes chalk to a Lucas v South Central final.

Mohawk is pretty good and could really challenge St Paul. St Paul has not been playing as well but have a big game vs South Central this Friday for the conference.

Mohawk is pretty good and could really challenge St Paul. St Paul has not been playing as well but have a big game vs South Central this Friday for the conference.
If St. Paul can get by South Central again, that would huge for morale headed into the tourney.

Go check this thread out!

I've looked at this bracket 10 times and cannot see any way this doesn't come down to Lucas v South Central.

Let us see what happens tonight. St. Paul @ South Central. I predict a Trojan double figure win.

All starts this week, Couple games tomorrow and couple wednesday leading into friday. St Paul vs. Mohawk looks to be the game to see in hte sectional final.

All starts this week, Couple games tomorrow and couple wednesday leading into friday. St Paul vs. Mohawk looks to be the game to see in hte sectional final.
What happened to St. Paul? They went from #1 in the state (IMO, way over rated), to barely winning against a 3-19 Buckeye Central squad.

What happened to St. Paul? They went from #1 in the state (IMO, way over rated), to barely winning against a 3-19 Buckeye Central squad.
A couple of things happened, teams started to capitalize on there lack of a bench, and they got to a harder part of their schedule.

Three good ones coming up, folks. I like:

Mohawk over St. Paul by 4
South Central over Crestline by 6 (Closer than many think)
SMCC over Plymouth by 1 (Possible buzzer beater)

Good luck everyone! GO CUBS!