CVCA looking for a new head coach?

Btw,
I emphasized they are doing nothing wrong. You may want to check your facts. Since you know so much, list the AAU programs these girls came from!

Also,
I really think this is a program committed to take a huge step forward with regard to attracting top student/athletes from around the area.

Expect two things with this hire.
1. Candidate will be younger (30´s)
2. Candidate will likely have private school experience and be in the building as a teacher

The time has come for CVCA to compete at a higher level(Coach Larlham has them headed that way). and to get into some sort of league that is in their geographical footprint. I’m encouraged to see here that the administration seems to think the same. Do they still have two varsity Soccer teams?

Pettigrew was a terrific player who ended up marrying the daughter of the legendary Triway basketball coach and former YSU Penguin Keith Snoddy.

The time has come for CVCA to compete at a higher level(Coach Larlham has them headed that way). and to get into some sort of league that is in their geographical footprint. I’m encouraged to see here that the administration seems to think the same. Do they still have two varsity Soccer teams?
It's always funny how the off season conversations of "they need to change leagues" or "____ needs to get booted from their league" start up. Once you start moving teams or leaving leagues schools really struggle to get the toothpaste back in the tube. If they found a great fit, I'm sure they'd do it, but if that existed, it might have already happened.

As for soccer I believe they still do. One team that competes at a club level during season then plays in the OHSAA tournament & the other that plays a PAC schedule. Not sure how that applies to their football coaching search or league affiliation...

It's always funny how the off season conversations of "they need to change leagues" or "____ needs to get booted from their league" start up. Once you start moving teams or leaving leagues schools really struggle to get the toothpaste back in the tube. If they found a great fit, I'm sure they'd do it, but if that existed, it might have already happened.

As for soccer I believe they still do. One team that competes at a club level during season then plays in the OHSAA tournament & the other that plays a PAC schedule. Not sure how that applies to their football coaching search or league affiliation...

Well, we know they applied to the Suburban and I believe fell one vote short of being able to join. The PAC is not a good a geographical fit and I would argue it's not a good fit culturally as well. Concerning soccer...please point me to any schools...let alone D4 in football...who have TWO varsity Soccer teams, it certainly is a unique situaion that effects the Football Program and any coach that comes in would need to know where Football ranks in pecking order at the school.

The majority of PAC schools have grown tired of CVCA and when they see the kids in boys hoops they are about to bring in that will amplify. The Metro is not a fit which leaves either the Suburban or a league up north.

Well, we know they applied to the Suburban and I believe fell one vote short of being able to join. The PAC is not a good a geographical fit and I would argue it's not a good fit culturally as well. Concerning soccer...please point me to any schools...let alone D4 in football...who have TWO varsity Soccer teams, it certainly is a unique situaion that effects the Football Program and any coach that comes in would need to know where Football ranks in pecking order at the school.

Having the 2 soccer teams has no impact on the football program. The kids that go to CVCA for the higher level soccer team are 100% soccer kids. The team that plays the PAC schedule are the ones not good enough to play on the good team. None of those kids are football players. CVCA kicker isn't even a soccer player. You probably couldn't find a more different kind of kid at CVCA than the ones who play football and the ones who play soccer. Two totally different ponds. I know this because my son was a player at CVCA from 7-12 grade. The biggest crossover sport at CVCA is football and lacrosse. Many of the star football players also played lacrosse the last 5-6 years. No soccer players have played football at CVCA since I believe 2016.

There is more style than substance with upper administration in an effort to reach or attract as many as possible.

Having the 2 soccer teams has no impact on the football program. The kids that go to CVCA for the higher level soccer team are 100% soccer kids. The team that plays the PAC schedule are the ones not good enough to play on the good team. None of those kids are football players. CVCA kicker isn't even a soccer player. You probably couldn't find a more different kind of kid at CVCA than the ones who play football and the ones who play soccer. Two totally different ponds. I know this because my son was a player at CVCA from 7-12 grade. The biggest crossover sport at CVCA is football and lacrosse. Many of the star football players also played lacrosse the last 5-6 years. No soccer players have played football at CVCA since I believe 2016.
It's not about crossover but priorities. Of course the top soccer players at CVCA aren't Football players, it's about if CVCA is ready for Football to take prededence over Soccer and are they willing to get in a league where they won't have 2 varsity teams to make both the league and soccer parents happy.

The majority of PAC schools have grown tired of CVCA and when they see the kids in boys hoops they are about to bring in that will amplify. The Metro is not a fit which leaves either the Suburban or a league up north.
Right, when will CVCA just go ahead and jump into the deep end of the pool and not worry about dominating the PAC and getting kicked out for doing so.

Right, when will CVCA just go ahead and jump into the deep end of the pool and not worry about dominating the PAC and getting kicked out for doing so.

I believe this has already been answered. CVCA sought membership in the Suburban league. We scheduled 4 football games with them 2 vs Aurora, both in which CVCA could have won. We handled a Revere team with 2 Division 1 kids pretty easy in 2019 and I believe we are playing Kent Roosevelt this year. I believe those near upsets of Aurora and the spanking Revere got will keep CVCA out of that league. I believe you may be overstating CVCA dominance of the PAC. We have 1 win over Manchester in 13 years. Last season saw us lose to Northwest and Fairless. The year before we lost to Orville and Manchester. CVCA is very competitive in the PAC but not dominant by any means. Will that change in a few years? It's possible, more than likely they will remain competitive in most sports.

The suburban league isn't an option any longer in my opinion. At some point they probably end up in a league with the D3-D5 Catholic schools. That's my guess.

When exactly has CVCA football dominated the PAC? Since this is a football board.

On the heels of arguably one of the best 4-year football runs in school history (which followed 1-19, mind you), CVCA won ... looks it up ... zero PAC championships.

Congratulations to Manchester, Orrville (twice) and Northwest.

A third place, and three second place finishes. Consistently good and that is poised to continue. But this domination talk is revisionist history.

When exactly has CVCA football dominated the PAC? Since this is a football board.

On the heels of arguably one of the best 4-year football runs in school history (which followed 1-19, mind you), CVCA won ... looks it up ... zero PAC championships.

Congratulations to Manchester, Orrville (twice) and Northwest.

A third place, and three second place finishes. Consistently good and that is poised to continue. But this domination talk is revisionist history.

My post reads “when will” ....meaning when WILL CVCA do this in future. Everyone knows they have inherit advantages that they have NOT exploited as to not dominate the league so they won’t get kicked out. The league is not a good fit if it’s holding the school back from being the best it can be so that they don’t rock the boat.

I believe this has already been answered. CVCA sought membership in the Suburban league. We scheduled 4 football games with them 2 vs Aurora, both in which CVCA could have won. We handled a Revere team with 2 Division 1 kids pretty easy in 2019 and I believe we are playing Kent Roosevelt this year. I believe those near upsets of Aurora and the spanking Revere got will keep CVCA out of that league. I believe you may be overstating CVCA dominance of the PAC. We have 1 win over Manchester in 13 years. Last season saw us lose to Northwest and Fairless. The year before we lost to Orville and Manchester. CVCA is very competitive in the PAC but not dominant by any means. Will that change in a few years? It's possible, more than likely they will remain competitive in most sports.

The suburban league isn't an option any longer in my opinion. At some point they probably end up in a league with the D3-D5 Catholic schools. That's my guess.

I know CVCA has not dominated the PAC because they haven’t made Football the priority that Soccer is. That’s why I asked the question of “when will” they take that step? I think Coach Larlham had to headed in the right direction but I’m guessing not wanting to get booted from a good league albeit very different schools has them holding back?

The CVCA first varsity in boys soccer that does not play in the PAC would put double digits up against almost every PAC team, and would be playing the PAC teams twice. That is just a waste of everyone's time, which is why CVCA has their first varsity and JV play a schedule that aligns with the higher end high school teams in the state of Ohio, which is what they are.

The CVCA first varsity in boys soccer that does not play in the PAC would put double digits up against almost every PAC team, and would be playing the PAC teams twice. That is just a waste of everyone's time, which is why CVCA has their first varsity and JV play a schedule that aligns with the higher end high school teams in the state of Ohio, which is what they are.

Correct, the non conference soccer team would easily hang 10-15 goals on the conference teams.

So what we’ve learned here is CVCA has a crazy good club soccer program (probably a surprise for some since this is a football forum) & they haven’t dominated the PAC in football because their admin won’t focus on it for fear of getting kicked out of the league....

Wow. The things you learn on Yappi. Anyone want to start a thread about triple option offense so we can get some posts about compounding interest?