CVCA leaving PAC

The current OCC Comish lives in Orrville and is from the Dover/New Philly area. I was and is a driving force to add NP and Dover to the OCC. Wooster and Ashland were on his side for this action. Now that Ashland will supposedly have new leadership, this feeling may change. W Holmes liked the short drive. Madison and Mansfield were okay with it because they feared being left out and not having a place. Lexington and Mt Vernon wanted a league of 8 but felt the OCC could do better.
Just looked it up, never realized he was the commissioner.

That's good info. Thanks for sharing.

Another reason for the push back on CVCA was travel time for a lot of the districts in the league. I can't see them going out of their way to add in another school that would have similar drive times AND instantly be one of the biggest schools in the conference. I think both Tusky Valley and Sandy Valley are on the radar though
I think the chances Tusky would ever rejoin the PAC are basically zero. The IVC has been a good fit for them in several areas. Simple things like much better media coverage now that they play other T-County teams to greatly increased home attendance in basically every sport.

I will say a Tuslaw, Fairless, Tusky Valley, Sandy Valley, Canton South, Minerva division would make a lot of sense geographically, historically and size wise. But then you have NW, Orrville, Triway and Manchester left so what do you do with that? If you could find two schools to match with those four and create two six-team divisions where you could actually have crossovers because all schools were similar size it could be fun.

Last edited:
I can't see TV or SV leaving the IVC league,they have hard time competing in that league with some teams smaller or there same size
In a lot of ways the PAC would be better for them size wise. First of all, they are both in the large school division of the IVC and there isn't really much difference in enrollment numbers between the IVC South and the PAC schools. Secondly, TV and SV are the only IVC South schools that have soccer so they are competing against schools that are larger and have fewer sports. Not a good combo LOL.

Having said that, TV's issues when it comes to competing over the last 15 years is multi-faceted. It's not simply a soccer issue or an enrollment issue. There's a lot to unpack there. SV on the other hand has never really been competitive in football other than the Blair era so I'm not sure what to say about them.

Tuslaw seems to be in an interesting spot. Surprised to see them drop all the way down to Division 6. They have been relatively successful across pretty much every other sport in recent years to some extent, but the football program seems to not have much hope. Hard to see them competing at all in football in the league in the near future, especially with South joining. Tough to see where there are even games that are considered winnable on the league schedule at this point. The current level of competition in the league will likely benefit the other sports, but will be interesting with a new AD what is done to address the lack of competitiveness from the football program.

Tuslaw seems to be in an interesting spot. Surprised to see them drop all the way down to Division 6. They have been relatively successful across pretty much every other sport in recent years to some extent, but the football program seems to not have much hope. Hard to see them competing at all in football in the league in the near future, especially with South joining. Tough to see where there are even games that are considered winnable on the league schedule at this point. The current level of competition in the league will likely benefit the other sports, but will be interesting with a new AD what is done to address the lack of competitiveness from the football program.
So PAC fans probably wouldn't like to hear this but if I was the IVC South I'd make a run at Fairless-Tuslaw. If you could get them as a combo you'd have a pretty nice 8 team league with natural rivals. Add Hiland into the other sports and you have a 9-team league.

Sandy Valley - Tusky Valley
Garaway - Ridgewood
Indian Valley - Claymont
Fairless - Tuslaw

Then you could have the North add Conotton Valley full time and have a 7-team North

I think south joining the pac will be immediate success for a couple years. I’m picking them to win it this year. But the Cupboard will dry out soon enough.

It is worth mentioning this. From 1990-2017 as a member of the NBC, and 2018-2021 as a member of the EBC. Canton South NEVER once won a league title. Lot of good teams, never champions
Exactly, they had a really good team back in 2016 was really good until some late season injuries derailed them. Then it took htem a few years to reload, similar to most D4 and lower schools.