CVCA leaving PAC

Where are they going to?

Quote from the linked article below:

“The three-year cushion will be crucial for the Royals, who don’t have a conference after 2024-25.

The Portage Trail Conference, Suburban League, Metro Athletic Conference would make sense logistically but talk of joining any of those leagues is well down the road.

“Obviously, our desire is not to be independent,” Young said. “We don’t have anywhere to land quite yet. Our options are open. We’re going to evaluate what’s out there and see what’s next.”

I don't see anyone lining up to add a private school to their conference any time soon unless the survival of the conference depends on it. Might end up seeing some sort of leftovers conference get assembled though

I don't see anyone lining up to add a private school to their conference any time soon unless the survival of the conference depends on it. Might end up seeing some sort of leftovers conference get assembled though
PTC has three private schools

Build a state of the art Fieldhouse and weight room, get real good right away in girls hoops, get the best freshman in the state in hoops last year. The message was loud and clear to the administration at CVCA. Now out or get kicked out. This is what happened!!!

Build a state of the art Fieldhouse and weight room, get real good right away in girls hoops, get the best freshman in the state in hoops last year. The message was loud and clear to the administration at CVCA. Bow out or get kicked out. This is what happened!!!

PAC won’t be the same conference without CVCA. Don’t think when administration at CVCA oversaw all that’s happened the last 3 years that the push back wouldn’t happen. Interestingly, the PAC wanted CVCA as a football only school.

PAC won’t be the same conference without CVCA. However, Don’t think when administration at CVCA oversaw all that’s happened the last 3 years that the push back wouldn’t happen. Interestingly, the PAC wanted CVCA as a football only school.

PAC won’t be the same conference without CVCA. Don’t think when administration at CVCA oversaw all that’s happened the last 3 years that the push back wouldn’t happen. Interestingly, the PAC wanted CVCA as a football only school.
League will miss the Royals, but PAC will be fine.

Read what you want into the “push back”. Never seemed to be an issue with them being only private school on the league. But when only private school also becomes largest school (and doesn’t look to be getting any smaller) this kind of thing tends to happen.

Build a state of the art Fieldhouse and weight room, get real good right away in girls hoops, get the best freshman in the state in hoops last year. The message was loud and clear to the administration at CVCA. Now out or get kicked out. This is what happened!!!
Why do you think they wanted CVCA out? I'm pretty sure I know where you are going with this but dont want to make assumptions.

That’s an interesting idea. Could see that making sense
Another reason for the push back on CVCA was travel time for a lot of the districts in the league. I can't see them going out of their way to add in another school that would have similar drive times AND instantly be one of the biggest schools in the conference. I think both Tusky Valley and Sandy Valley are on the radar though

I can't see TV or SV leaving the IVC league,they have hard time competing in that league with some teams smaller or there same size

Another reason for the push back on CVCA was travel time for a lot of the districts in the league. I can't see them going out of their way to add in another school that would have similar drive times AND instantly be one of the biggest schools in the conference. I think both Tusky Valley and Sandy Valley are on the radar though
Both ex PAC teams who left because of distance.

Aren't they still D4? I know this year is different, but just last year the PAC had 5 D4 schools.

Travel time... can't argue that one.

Aren't they still D4? I know this year is different, but just last year the PAC had 5 D4 schools.

Travel time... can't argue that one.
The only D4 teams in the league this season will be Northwest and Canton South. The rest are D5 and below. I would imagine with schools shrinking in the conference their would be an emphasis on adding another small school

1. Akron Springfield
-Local neighbor rivalry with Manchester. D4 in size and getting smaller. History with schools like Northwest, Canton South. Better competitive fit in all sports. Only drawback is facilities.

2. Minerva
-D4 in Size, terrific facilities. History with Northwest, Canton South. Have played Fairless/Tuslaw in the past. Scrimmaged Manchester and Orrville for years. EBC is falling apart. Only drawback is travel distance for Triway.

3. Sandy Valley
-D5 in Size, natural neighbor rivalry with Canton South. Former PAC member, left for being non competitive. Have history with Manchester, Fairless, and Tuslaw.

4. Canton Central Catholic
-D6 in Size, great Geographical fit. Will other member schools be ok replacing a parochial school with another parochial school?

5. St Thomas
-D7 in size, similar issues as CCC

6. Mogadore
-D6 in size, history with Manchester. Would be a great fit but would they be ok playing Northwest, Canton South, Orrville year in and year out?

1. Akron Springfield
-Local neighbor rivalry with Manchester. D4 in size and getting smaller. History with schools like Northwest, Canton South. Better competitive fit in all sports. Only drawback is facilities.

2. Minerva
-D4 in Size, terrific facilities. History with Northwest, Canton South. Have played Fairless/Tuslaw in the past. Scrimmaged Manchester and Orrville for years. EBC is falling apart. Only drawback is travel distance for Triway.

3. Sandy Valley
-D5 in Size, natural neighbor rivalry with Canton South. Former PAC member, left for being non competitive. Have history with Manchester, Fairless, and Tuslaw.

-D6 in Size, great Geographical fit. Will other member schools be ok replacing a parochial school with another parochial school?

5. St Thomas

6. Mogadore
-D6 in size, history with Manchester. Would be a great fit but would they be ok playing Northwest, Canton South, Orrville year in and year out?
Springfield belongs in the PTC

1. Akron Springfield

2. Minerva

3. Sandy Valley

5. St Thomas

6. Mogadore
Great list! Would be hard to imagine the next member isn't on this list.

Coventry is probably perfectly happy in the Metro - but I think they would be a really nice fit back into the PAC. Also - a Springfield or Coventry leaving the Metro would open a spot for CVCA in the Metro. Kind of makes too much sense....

I would hate to lose our longest drive just to replace it with an equally long drive. But I also realize the list above is probably the most realistic. I think the most important things are school size, athletic competitiveness, and can they field a team in all sports.

League website:
Here are drive times from Triway:

CVCA: 1h 2m
Minerva: 1h 1m (long drive, but an easy one - just take 30 the whole way)
Mogadore: 57m (too small of a school, IMO)
Sandy Valley: 57m (competitiveness across all sports?)
Springfield: 54m (I don't know much about them other than they had horrible boys basketball records for many years)
Tusky Valley: 53m (having both TV and IV was bad on gas, but just having 1 of them wouldn't be horrible)
St Thomas Aquinas: 51m (too small)
Coventry: 48m (smaller than Northwest, almost identical size to Canton South)
CCC: 40m (I, personally, would be okay with this)

None of the schools listed have a worse drive than CVCA, soo...

Any chance the rest of the Suburban League members kick Cuyahoga Falls back up to the National and open a spot in the American for CVCA?

Otherwise, CVCA to the Crown (Walsh, NDCL, Lake Catholic, Padua) could be a longshot if those schools are keen on having a non-Catholic school in the fold. It's far from ideal but better than being independent for CVCA, and it would be one less week that all the teams in the Crown have to fill.

Any chance the rest of the Suburban League members kick Cuyahoga Falls back up to the National and open a spot in the American for CVCA?

Otherwise, CVCA to the Crown (Walsh, NDCL, Lake Catholic, Padua) could be a longshot if those schools are keen on having a non-Catholic school in the fold. It's far from ideal but better than being independent for CVCA, and it would be one less week that all the teams in the Crown have to fill.
I believe Cuyahoga Falls would now be the smallest school in the National based on enrollment numbers. Competitively (in most sports), they should just leave the SL.

If any team would be kicked up to the National from the American, it would likely be Barberton. I'm not sure Cuyahoga Falls could finish in the top half of the Metro league, let alone its current SL-American. Geographically, CVCA is an ideal fit for both the SL-American and the Metro, but I'm not sure either league is keen on inviting a private, let alone an improving one that siphons kids away from these leagues' districts.

As a Walsh grad, I can tell you with absolute certainty that they would fight any attempt by CVCA to join the Crown tooth and nail. Walsh has an egotistical hubris about it and to say that they view CVCA as "little brother" would be putting it kindly (For those unaware, Walsh and CVCA are across the street from each other).

If any team would be kicked up to the National from the American, it would likely be Barberton. I'm not sure Cuyahoga Falls could finish in the top half of the Metro league, let alone its current SL-American. Geographically, CVCA is an ideal fit for both the SL-American and the Metro, but I'm not sure either league is keen on inviting a private, let alone an improving one that siphons kids away from these leagues' districts.

As a Walsh grad, I can tell you with absolute certainty that they would fight any attempt by CVCA to join the Crown tooth and nail. Walsh has an egotistical hubris about it and to say that they view CVCA as "little brother" would be putting it kindly (For those unaware, Walsh and CVCA are across the street from each other).
That "hubris" is very well felt across the street. Walsh had a QB who graduated a few years ago and was a decent QB. He went to CVCA youth football camp from 3rd-8th grade and decided to attend Walsh where he went on to start but maybe won 2-3 games. Meanwhile the kids that he went to camp with at CVCA turned the program around and won their first home playoff game in program history. He thought for sure when he went to Walsh he never imagined the turnaround at CVCA.

I would hate to lose our longest drive just to replace it with an equally long drive. But I also realize the list above is probably the most realistic. I think the most important things are school size, athletic competitiveness, and can they field a team in all sports.

League website:
Here are drive times from Triway:

CVCA: 1h 2m
Minerva: 1h 1m (long drive, but an easy one - just take 30 the whole way)
Mogadore: 57m (too small of a school, IMO)
Sandy Valley: 57m (competitiveness across all sports?)
Springfield: 54m (I don't know much about them other than they had horrible boys basketball records for many years)
Tusky Valley: 53m (having both TV and IV was bad on gas, but just having 1 of them wouldn't be horrible)
St Thomas Aquinas: 51m (too small)
Coventry: 48m (smaller than Northwest, almost identical size to Canton South)
CCC: 40m (I, personally, would be okay with this)

None of the schools listed have a worse drive than CVCA, soo...
With the current status of the football program and the issues with the EBC, I could picture Minerva doing a lot of campaigning to get into the PAC and hitting the reset button on their entire outlook for their athletics.
Question is, would this push Salem to campaign to get into the NE8?