Curious how many people are watching the state tournament games?

Are you watching the state tournament games?

• Yes - I have Spectrum

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Yes - I paid for the livestream

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes - I went to a place that televised the game (friend/restaurant)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • No - don't have Spectrum and not paying to stream the games

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
Just my opinion, but anyone who is not excited to watch the D3 final tomorrow is not a real high school basketball fan.

Don't like schools like Lutheran East. I'll take Botkins vs Columbus Grove every time over teams like ASVSM, Richmond Hts, Deer Park..... Home grown kids please ... stop the recruiting.

Yeah as I said dumb to compete. I watched Mentor on a laptop with sound off as I watched the tourney. Other than Mentor no way would I watch over march madness

Not me..... not only did I watch the HS tourney over March Madness but also watched the College Hockey selection show as well as currently watching USA vs Dominican Republic Olympic qualifying game......

Last edited:
Go here and click on the game you want to watch..... it will ask you for your login and password and then you are good to go. Never failed me over the years. I never go to the Spectrum News App to watch the games.
Where do you have to go? I watched the football playoffs with no problem logging into the app.

I have Spectrum and watched all the games on Saturday, and a couple of them on Friday. I enjoyed the games, but I do wish there would be more scoring. I don't expect a 98-96 game, but I would like to see more games of a combined total of over 120 points or close to that. Too many games over the last several years where the winning team scores in the 40's.

I watched a few of the games. I know the timing isn't great, but having them on the same weekend the NCAA tournament starts can't help viewership. On a normal college weekend, I'd watch more of the games. In fact, I watched all four of the girls championship games last weekend, when the men's colleges were doing their conference tournaments. I know that's not a high priority for the OHSAA as far a timing. Dayton is a fantastic venue and should just keep the finals there. Ohio State doesn't want it anymore.

I have Spectrum and watched all the games on Saturday, and a couple of them on Friday. I enjoyed the games, but I do wish there would be more scoring. I don't expect a 98-96 game, but I would like to see more games of a combined total of over 120 points or close to that. Too many games over the last several years where the winning team scores in the 40's.

Same dude. The lack of a shot clock has completely killed my interest in HS basketball, and it seems that the attendance overall has drastically been going down (before covid) as well. Coaches have complete control of the game and we're at the point where in these big games teams are more focused on running offense and not making mistakes than they are getting buckets and actually executing.

Last nights UCLA/Michigan game was an example of this, 40 minutes of a grinding slog that wound up being a first to 50 wins. This is what it seems like every HS tournament game has became

Does anyone know if the games were also carried on the NFHS network? I had a family member that played in the Kentucky Girls Sweet 16 and was able to download the NFHS app for a fee and have been able to watch every game and didn’t know if Ohio did the same. If the same I will b dropping the lousy Spectrum app like pronto.