Cross County Conference

Thats good stuff, yeah i mean it sounds like you guys have some talent coming up, which is a perfect mix with a fresh coach. They might surprise that new conference here in a couple of years.

As for FL, they are returning their "backfield assassins" QB Collin Moore and RB Nate Meyer/Max Hoying. Hoying is also their star MLB. He has been the defensive captain since his sophomore year. They will also bring their slot receiver Damon Mescher back. They are losing a bit on the O and D lines due to graaduation, but the big boys coming up will replace them pretty easily in my opinion. Expect the skins to be just as good as the past couple years, if not better. They will be very sound on offense, but I think their defense is what people will talk about. Very disciplined and relentless.

Thats good stuff, yeah i mean it sounds like you guys have some talent coming up, which is a perfect mix with a fresh coach. They might surprise that new conference here in a couple of years.

As for FL, they are returning their "backfield assassins" QB Collin Moore and RB Nate Meyer/Max Hoying. Hoying is also their star MLB. He has been the defensive captain since his sophomore year. They will also bring their slot receiver Damon Mescher back. They are losing a bit on the O and D lines due to graaduation, but the big boys coming up will replace them pretty easily in my opinion. Expect the skins to be just as good as the past couple years, if not better. They will be very sound on offense, but I think their defense is what people will talk about. Very disciplined and relentless.
Fort Loramie will score at will on us.... and we won't pick up a 1st down on their first string defense. That's a sad reality..

They have a good shot at winning state if the season is played

Lets do a very early week one "pick 'em". Teams in order from first to last in last year's standings.

Minster @ 1 Fort Loramie
St. Henry @ 2 Covington
3 Mississinawa Valley @ Union City
Preble Shawnee @ 4 Arcanum
5 Ansonia @ Riverside
6 Miami East @ Milton Union
Cedarville @ 7 Tri Village
8 National Trail @ Riverview East Acadamy
9 Twin Valley South @ Dixie
Northridge @ 10 Bethel
Carlisle @ 11 Tri County North
Northeastern @ 12 Bradford

Lets do a very early week one "pick 'em". Teams in order from first to last in last year's standings.

Minster @ 1 Fort Loramie
St. Henry @ 2 Covington
3 Mississinawa Valley @ Union City
Preble Shawnee @ 4 Arcanum
5 Ansonia @ Riverside
6 Miami East @ Milton Union
Cedarville @ 7 Tri Village
8 National Trail @ Riverview East Acadamy
9 Twin Valley South @ Dixie
Northridge @ 10 Bethel
Carlisle @ 11 Tri County North
Northeastern @ 12 Bradford
Fort Loramie
Covington
Union City
Arcanum
Ansonia
Milton Union
Tri Village
National Trail
Dixie
Northridge
TCN
Northeastern

Youre going against your team? Haha, how good is dixie going to be this year
Dixie beat us last year and they will be even better this year. Their Junior class is very strong and most of them have been playing Varsity since their Freshman year, including their QB that now heads into his 3rd season as the starter. I'm not saying Dixie will be real good, but I do think they will be more competitive the next 2 years.

Dixie beat us last year and they will be even better this year. Their Junior class is very strong and most of them have been playing Varsity since their Freshman year, including their QB that now heads into his 3rd season as the starter. I'm not saying Dixie will be real good, but I do think they will be more competitive the next 2 years.
I didnt know that about Dixie, nor do i know anything about Dixie. What is your final score prediction in that Dixie vs. TVS game?

TCN will not be as bad as they were last year. The senior class is talented and they have a pretty good youth movement at the moment. Big guys is our weakness and a new coach will also slow down things yet again. Consistency used to be a thing at North but in the last few years not so much. I would like to see more discipline taught to these kids as the last few years they were lacking and it showed. A few years ago we had more talent then any team in the CCC and went 6-4 and that all stemmed from lack of discipline. I've caught wind the new coach is not putting up with the attitudes of some of the troubled players which is what I want to hear. I would also like to see us back up to 50+ players again but those days I'm afraid are over for most small schools.

TCN will not be as bad as they were last year. The senior class is talented and they have a pretty good youth movement at the moment. Big guys is our weakness and a new coach will also slow down things yet again. Consistency used to be a thing at North but in the last few years not so much. I would like to see more discipline taught to these kids as the last few years they were lacking and it showed. A few years ago we had more talent then any team in the CCC and went 6-4 and that all stemmed from lack of discipline. I've caught wind the new coach is not putting up with the attitudes of some of the troubled players which is what I want to hear. I would also like to see us back up to 50+ players again but those days I'm afraid are over for most small schools.
I really hope small school numbers start to rise again

For the TVS vs. Dixie game, I predict the score to be TVS 21 - Dixie 35.

As for TCN, I can definitely see what you are saying. Even with this years team. The Stinson kid at QB is one of the top athletes in the entire conference, but I know he can be a bit of a hot head and be very undisciplined. I knew it was only a matter of time before TCN got headed back in the right direction. Once the new conference forms, I think you guys will be one of the teams at the top every year.

I really hope small school numbers start to rise again
I agree. TVS has been 40+ for the last 3 years, which I think is very good. Unfortunately it hasn't translated over to wins. I'm hoping we can keep the numbers up, and we start getting some positive direction with the football program so we can be more competitive overall.

For the TVS vs. Dixie game, I predict the score to be TVS 21 - Dixie 35.

As for TCN, I can definitely see what you are saying. Even with this years team. The Stinson kid at QB is one of the top athletes in the entire conference, but I know he can be a bit of a hot head and be very undisciplined. I knew it was only a matter of time before TCN got headed back in the right direction. Once the new conference forms, I think you guys will be one of the teams at the top every year.
Yeah you know just like you said there are PLENTY of good athletes, discipline and repetition is what lacks in the programs of this conference the most. My nephew said that there was a defensive end from National Trail playing with a dip in? I've also heard of some teams are asking not to try hard, or asking the other team to "make it look like we are trying"

Our last coach made it very easy for kids to come out and be on the team. There's no doubt that not all of the kids were completely bought in and were all in for football. I can remember the late 90's early 2000's teams when Dave Miller was at TVS. We had lower numbers but everyone that was on the team was completely bought in. That's when we won back to back league championships. Last year we had 43 kids on the roster, we would have 15 kids in street clothes on Friday nights, and some weeks we were struggling to have enough kids for a JV game. It was pretty sad.

well, that is the type of cancer that isnt good. I would rather have a 30 man fully dedicated team than 50 and some could care less to even be there. That type of energy can affect a whole teams attitude

well, that is the type of cancer that isnt good. I would rather have a 30 man fully dedicated team than 50 and some could care less to even be there. That type of energy can affect a whole teams attitude
Absolutely, that is why we have continued to get worse, even though we have good numbers. I also think it's a mix of that and also being down a bit with overall talent. We are in the middle of a 3-4 year span with not a lot of talent, so I don't care if we had Bill Belichick, we were only going to win 3-4 games max each year. But it would have been nice building the attitude and culture we need, and that's something we haven't done. That's something that a school like TCN has had. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they bounce back in the next couple of years.

A few years ago when Loramie had Whit Parks, the attitudes and the culture of the program were greatly going downhill. Kids started quitting, and became careless when it came to football. It also wasn't interesting seeing the same play getting called over and over and over again. It hurts to watch, and its not fun to play when youre playing minster or fort recovery like we did during those years, where they knew where the ball way going every time (it didnt take a rocket scientist to know where the ball was 100% going) and thats why it became more popular to run cross country or golf. Its back to where is should be now, but it kinda made people wonder is kids would come back to it after a mini tornado came through town, if you will. I mean now we have one of the best small school programs out there. I guess what im saying is, dont hang your head. programs go in slumps and i have a feeling in 2-3 years your young talent will set a new bar at TVS

A few years ago when Loramie had Whit Parks, the attitudes and the culture of the program were greatly going downhill. Kids started quitting, and became careless when it came to football. It also wasn't interesting seeing the same play getting called over and over and over again. It hurts to watch, and its not fun to play when youre playing minster or fort recovery like we did during those years, where they knew where the ball way going every time (it didnt take a rocket scientist to know where the ball was 100% going) and thats why it became more popular to run cross country or golf. Its back to where is should be now, but it kinda made people wonder is kids would come back to it after a mini tornado came through town, if you will. I mean now we have one of the best small school programs out there. I guess what im saying is, dont hang your head. programs go in slumps and i have a feeling in 2-3 years your young talent will set a new bar at TVS
We have a shot. We have a new coach and I hope he starts doing things right. I believe our talent starts trending back up starting with our Freshman class and then going down into some of the younger classes. If the kids continue to play and buy in and work to get better. Mixed with the new conference starting, which will be easier for us to compete. Things could be looking up.