Cross County Conference

i would predict Preble Shawnee and Arcanum at the top most years. pretty weak conference when comparing the teams to recent years.
I'd agree with Preble Shawnee and Arcanum. I would also say that Ansonia and TCN will be 2 teams that I think will also be at the top. I know TCN has been down for a few years but I expect them to get back to their winning ways with football.

I'd agree with Preble Shawnee and Arcanum. I would also say that Ansonia and TCN will be 2 teams that I think will also be at the top. I know TCN has been down for a few years but I expect them to get back to their winning ways with football.
TCN has potential, as does National Trail in my opinion. Ansonia will do alright. but it is an extremely weak conference and come playoff time whoever gets in will have a rough outing.

i guess i understand why they all left, but its like they ran away from the competition. I just dont see how that will ever help any of those teams
i see what you’re saying- but it will allow them to be more competitive and have opportunities to make the playoffs that they wouldn’t have had before. but it’s not making them better.

I understand why they all left. You get sick of Covington and Miami East dominating the all league selections and want to see your own kids get that opportunity. Plus the growth of Miami County made those schools not a fit anymore.

I understand why they all left. You get sick of Covington and Miami East dominating the all league selections and want to see your own kids get that opportunity. Plus the growth of Miami County made those schools not a fit anymore.
Yeah, I'm still torn on it all. I have always enjoyed playing Covington and Bethel specifically. They were in the league back when I was in school, but all in all I think it's still best for everyone. For many reasons.

I'm excited for TVS to be in a conference with Preble Shawnee and Dixie. That's 2 of the closest school districts to us, and I have no idea why we weren't in a conference together already. This conference won't be great at football, and everybody knows that. Hopefully it's competitive and some programs will begin to grow. Sure, it may lead to some first round playoff blowouts. I think some schools would be excited to just get in. I don't think Preble Shawnee has ever made the playoffs? TVS/Dixie/Trail I believe have all made it once?

yeah thats another way to look at it. that 3 rivers league has some decent schools in it, but come playoff time the same story might apply. Some years though a team that comes out of the top of that conference could be a real contender, like a 2013 covington

yeah thats another way to look at it. that 3 rivers league has some decent schools in it, but come playoff time the same story might apply. Some years though a team that comes out of the top of that conference could be a real contender, like a 2013 covington
I think the TRC will be a very good football school. With Covington/ME coming from the CCC. Bethel is a very fast growing school, getting a new football stadium, you would think it's only a matter of time for them. Milton Union is a very strong football program, and they will be competing to win the conference every year. Northridge is always very athletic. Troy Christian just got a new football coach, and it sounds like their future is bright. Riverside has lately been a team that's in the playoffs or close to making it. They may struggle more in the TRC. Lehman is the one team that you hear the most negative about. Just because their numbers. If they drop football and Fort Loramie joins for football only, the TRC would be a very strong football conference.

I think the TRC will be a very good football school. With Covington/ME coming from the CCC. Bethel is a very fast growing school, getting a new football stadium, you would think it's only a matter of time for them. Milton Union is a very strong football program, and they will be competing to win the conference every year. Northridge is always very athletic. Troy Christian just got a new football coach, and it sounds like their future is bright. Riverside has lately been a team that's in the playoffs or close to making it. They may struggle more in the TRC. Lehman is the one team that you hear the most negative about. Just because their numbers. If they drop football and Fort Loramie joins for football only, the TRC would be a very strong football conference.
Loramie had their chance, and they didn’t want in. next up on the invite list is probably Brookville, then they will look to Clark County with Greenon and Northwestern as candidates

Yeah, I'm still torn on it all. I have always enjoyed playing Covington and Bethel specifically. They were in the league back when I was in school, but all in all I think it's still best for everyone. For many reasons.

I'm excited for TVS to be in a conference with Preble Shawnee and Dixie. That's 2 of the closest school districts to us, and I have no idea why we weren't in a conference together already. This conference won't be great at football, and everybody knows that. Hopefully it's competitive and some programs will begin to grow. Sure, it may lead to some first round playoff blowouts. I think some schools would be excited to just get in. I don't think Preble Shawnee has ever made the playoffs? TVS/Dixie/Trail I believe have all made it once?
I dont think Preble has either. Honestly though, it's a no brainer for Dixie and Shawnee. It's a perfect fit. Dixie lost to Covington in first round in 2012. Trail lost to Mechanicsburg in the first round in 2013. To my knowledge those are their only times. What year did south lose to St Henry?

Last edited:
I dont think Preble has either. Honestly though, it's a no brainer for Dixie and Shawnee. It's a perfect fit. Dixie lost to Covington in first round in 2012. Trail lost to Mechanicsburg in the first round in 2013. To my knowledge those are their only times. What year did south lose to St Henry?
We lost to St. Henry in the 3rd round of the playoffs during the 1998 football season. We beat Batavia in the 1st round, and beat Sidney Lehman in the 2nd round. Then lost by a TD to St. Henry who went on to the State Championship game. They were QB'd by future Ohio State QB Todd Boeckman. Currently TVS has a winning record in playoff games with a record of 2-1, which is funny...

I think Brookville gets in before Loramie simply because Loramie wont leave the SCAL for the TRC.
I was only stating Fort Loramie possibly if Lehman drops football but stays in for all other sports. Then at that time having Fort Loramie as a football member only might make sense.

BucksFan937 you are pretty much right. The Fort should breeze through the league. I think ME will be up there and I like Tri Village as the wild card team - play their cards right and they can have a winning season. North and South have similar situations - new coaches trying to get their respective programs back on track.

Good to hear!
That is good to hear. I was only speaking to what I've heard others talk about on some of the other threads. As mentioned before, the year TVS made the playoffs... Lehman was one of the teams we faced, and they were very tough, and had a lot of boys on the team.

Never count out Covington. The Buccaneers will reload.
BucksFan937 you are pretty much right. The Fort should breeze through the league. I think ME will be up there and I like Tri Village as the wild card team - play their cards right and they can have a winning season. North and South have similar situations - new coaches trying to get their respective programs back on track.

I'd like to hear a preview of some of the teams in the conference. If anyone has any information on one of the schools, please share it.

About TVS..... it could be another long year for the football program. Our 2 biggest issues in my opinion is QB play, and our defense is awful. I believe the starting QB from last year may not even be playing this year, and I would guess there's a Junior that will QB this year. He's athletic, but I'm not sure how good his decision making is.

On a positive note I think TVS has some good young classes coming along, including the Freshman class. I'd guess some Freshman see the field this year. We will also have 2 very good RB's. Crews has had good years the last 2 years and will have a nice Senior year. Harper may be the best player on our team, but he missed the 2nd half of the season last year because he transferred in from Eaton. If he plays all year, that'll be a big help. Unfortunately our line play will be bad, so when we play a good team, it'll be hard to get those 2 going.

Aside from that our defense has been so bad that's it's hard to say what needs to happen there. We gave up 42.1 points per game last season. We had 50+ put on us 5 times (should have been 6 times). Covington put 48 on us but the game got called in the 2nd quarter because of lightening, and it was never finished. The only team we held under 20 points was Bradford. Tri Village put up 58, MV put up 55... all in all it was like a track meet when you played us.