Cross County Conference

I'll play, but I'll get a game by game record toward the start of the season. This is a power ranking from how I see things and in know way what the records will be. AS I feel TCN will not end up with the 7th best record I see them at the bottom of the CCC.

1-FL
2-Cov
3-ME
4-NT
5-Arcanum
6-Ansonia
7-TCN
8-Bethel
9-TV
10-TVS
11-MV
12-Bradford

I'll throw my hat in the preseason rankings ring. I would count on the CCC being pretty similar to past seasons. I think you'll have a strong 2-3 teams for the league, a very weak bottom 3 teams in the league, and a jumbled group in the middle that are all fairly similar. Some of the scheduling is very unbalanced for certain teams, especially if you look at the OOC games. As mentioned above, TCN probably isn't the 9th team overall in the league, but record wise, they'll fall towards the bottom with that schedule. I'll go with:

1) Fort Loramie
2) Covington
3) Miami East
4) Ansonia
5) Bethel
6) National Trail
7) Twin Valley South
8) Arcanum
9) Tri-County North
10) Mississinawa Valley
11) Tri-Village
12) Bradford
You’re close Ex. I think East loses to Ansonia though. Drop the Tigers in at #3 behind the behemoths.

You mean like Coldwater has been doing for years? They are the biggest school in the MAC and have been playing D6 ad D7 schools for years. Now you have a problem with Preble Shawnee doing it?
Versailles and Anna have larger enrollment numbers than Coldwater. And no, I don't have a problem with Preble Shawnee doing that. The MAC was formed in 1973. There were not 7 divisions, I don't even know if there was 3. They have to do what they have to do. Some of the smaller CCC schools are struggling just to keep the sport. If it makes the best sense for them, and it could right now, go for it.

In ‘73 there were three classes. A, AA, AAA. Most, if not all, of the MAC was class A.
The MAC has proven that size doesn’t matter. I’d take a MAC team in most matchups.

Versailles and Anna have larger enrollment numbers than Coldwater. And no, I don't have a problem with Preble Shawnee doing that. The MAC was formed in 1973. There were not 7 divisions, I don't even know if there was 3. They have to do what they have to do. Some of the smaller CCC schools are struggling just to keep the sport. If it makes the best sense for them, and it could right now, go for it.
I was thinking about original MAC members and going back a ways. Those two schools came in over the years.

Also, here are the numbers. There is no real difference.
Coldwater 156
Anna 165
Versailles 164

You asked what was the advantage of a DV school like Preble Shawnee playing against DVII schools. I showed you that your school has done that for years. Hypocrite.

Last edited:
You’re close Ex. I think East loses to Ansonia though. Drop the Tigers in at #3 behind the behemoths.
Ansonia is an interesting one for me. I figure they will still be good, but I know they lost a lot with that Senior class. A couple good RB's (which they can probably replace), but then the Muir and Rowland kids were both beasts for the CCC and 1st team offense and defense last year.

I was thinking about original MAC members and going back a ways. Those two schools came in over the years.

Coldwater 156
Anna 165
Versailles 164

You asked what was the advantage of a DV school like Preble Shawnee playing against DVII schools. I showed you that your school has done that for years. Hypocrite.
those are old enrollment figures....Versailles is the div 5 team with over 165 and I think Coldwater and Anna are in the mid 140's

I see 2 maybe 3 teams making the playoffs when all is said and done.
My prediction would be Fort Loramie, Covington and Ansonia make the playoffs this year. It helps Ansonia being D7. I don't think Miami East will win enough to make it in D5. That's the only 4 teams you can even mention the playoffs with.

Laramie should be the east favorite. They had a 7 on 7 with Wapak today and it doesn’t look like they took a step back. Don’t know who they’re returning from last year but their quarterback is good and the receivers have great ball skills. The defense flies around and makes good plays. They are starting to look like a MAC school.

They are starting to look like a MAC school.
giphy.gif

Laramie should be the east favorite. They had a 7 on 7 with Wapak today and it doesn’t look like they took a step back. Don’t know who they’re returning from last year but their quarterback is good and the receivers have great ball skills. The defense flies around and makes good plays. They are starting to look like a MAC school.
how did Wapak look?

Soon, maybe.
Word is they officially sent a request to the league to join in football and one other sport on the girls side....

That's another story for another thread.

those are old enrollment figures....Versailles is the div 5 team with over 165 and I think Coldwater and Anna are in the mid 140's
Those are from the 2018-19 year. So this coming year there may be a difference. However, as I have shown, the past season it didn't.

These are for the upcoming season.
Anna 146
Versailles 167
Coldwater 147

Yeah still no significant difference and Anna clearly isn't any bigger. So my point is still the accurate one. Versailles enjoys a whopping 20 student advantage. Cavaman is wrong.

Coldwater 156
Anna 165
Versailles 164

If you want to get technical, Clodwater plays 7 of their 10 games against schools in their same division or bigger, including a school that is 2, and one that is 3, divisions bigger so that isn't a bad schedule at all.

As for Pebbles Shawnee playing in a league with a lot of D7 teams as proposed. Eh, I don't know much about PS. They don't usually come on the radar but what advantage would they have playing down? If they play their cards right, schedule up in the OOC, and do well in that league who knows what may happen. Looking at PS schedule now they play mostly bigger schools.
If they are just scrambling for a league so be it.

Let em live, if they wanna play down, do so. The Cavaliers of Buzzard's Glory track record speaks for itself.

but back to the CCC. There will be no bigger fans of Woodlan, Waterson, PW, DSJ, ANna, SH, Vers, Minster, Ft Rec and CW than the Ft Loramie Redskin's faithful. If the Flyers are on the outside looking in, like I expect, then Ft Loramie will be representing Region 28

how did Wapak look?

Not very good defensively wise. They didn’t play all their starters at first, two of their returning linebackers ( including Keack) have been out all offseason and didn’t have their starting safety or corner. After about three series of just throwing they did a game like situation for three series and Wapak forced Loramie to two three and outs and Laramie scored on the last one. Wapak also only scored once. The offense wasn’t as sharp that day than they usually are.

Not very good defensively wise. They didn’t play all their starters at first, two of their returning linebackers ( including Keack) have been out all offseason and didn’t have their starting safety or corner. After about three series of just throwing they did a game like situation for three series and Wapak forced Loramie to two three and outs and Laramie scored on the last one. Wapak also only scored once. The offense wasn’t as sharp that day than they usually are.
what is the name of the Wapak kid that played RB and Linebacker that looks like THOR...is he back?

what is the name of the Wapak kid that played RB and Linebacker that looks like THOR...is he back?

Yes that is Evan Kaeck. He will be back this year. He has started for Wapak since about week 8 of his freshman year. He was third team all ohio this past year at running back and has been an all league linebacker the past two years. He has been out for all of summer recovering from a torn labrum he suffered the 2017 wrestling season (he waited to get surgery on his shoulder till after this past football season, he sat out the wrestling season). The backfield will be deep this year, about 5 different guys including the quarterback will be effective running the ball.

Yes that is Evan Kaeck. He will be back this year. He has started for Wapak since about week 8 of his freshman year. He was third team all ohio this past year at running back and has been an all league linebacker the past two years. He has been out for all of summer recovering from a torn labrum he suffered the 2017 wrestling season (he waited to get surgery on his shoulder till after this past football season, he sat out the wrestling season). The backfield will be deep this year, about 5 different guys including the quarterback will be effective running the ball.
how will the Skins passing game be?

If you want to get technical, Clodwater plays 7 of their 10 games against schools in their same division or bigger, including a school that is 2, and one that is 3, divisions bigger so that isn't a bad schedule at all.

As for Pebbles Shawnee playing in a league with a lot of D7 teams as proposed. Eh, I don't know much about PS. They don't usually come on the radar but what advantage would they have playing down? If they play their cards right, schedule up in the OOC, and do well in that league who knows what may happen. Looking at PS schedule now they play mostly bigger schools.
If they are just scrambling for a league so be it.

Let em live, if they wanna play down, do so. The Cavaliers of Buzzard's Glory track record speaks for itself.

but back to the CCC. There will be no bigger fans of Woodlan, Waterson, PW, DSJ, ANna, SH, Vers, Minster, Ft Rec and CW than the Ft Loramie Redskin's faithful. If the Flyers are on the outside looking in, like I expect, then Ft Loramie will be representing Region 28

Was this the original spelling for the town?

I could see National Trail, Arcanum and Covington make 24 region. And FL and ME also make it. With no MAC schools to speak of in 24 5-5 should get you in.

I could see National Trail, Arcanum and Covington make 24 region. And FL and ME also make it. With no MAC schools to speak of in 24 5-5 should get you in.
I take back what I said earlier. I did not realize how weak region 24 was. I would never imagine National Trail or Arcanum as playoff teams, but if all it takes is them getting to 5-5, they certainly have a chance.

I take back what I said earlier. I did not realize how weak region 24 was. I would never imagine National Trail or Arcanum as playoff teams, but if all it takes is them getting to 5-5, they certainly have a chance.
How much did arcanum lose last year do you know?

how will the Skins passing game be?

The passing game has been inconsistent. Wapak has the players to get it done but the offense hasn’t really been implemented yet and there are a lot of young pieces on the offense. They look good when the defenses give them what they want, but when they play certain defense that cover the only plays the players know they don’t do so well (They did very well against Huber Heights Wayne, Dover and Jackson, but struggled against Laramie and Findlay). I think it will be figured out by the beginning of the season