Cross County Conference 2020 Season

I have a real hard time with a couple games this week. Bethel vs East, I will go with Bethel 20 - East 16.

The other one is Covington vs TCN. I actually think Covington is pretty good, ( in CCC terms) and will say Covington 27TCN 14.

Congrats to the conference on having not one but two top 5 state D7 teams. That will be quite the show down next week as #3 ranked Ft Loramie faces off against #4 and undefeated Tri Village.
At least it sounds exciting in print and when comparing stats.

I've got:

Fort Loramie 63 TVS 0
Tri Village 58 Miss Valley 6
TCN 14 Covington 35
Bethel 14 Miami East 28
Arcanum 49 Bradford 6
Ansonia 35 National Trail 20

3 out of the 6 games this week should be really good

Fort Loramie (4-0) @ TVS (0-4) - Oh boy... 63-0
Tri Village (4-0) @ Miss Valley (1-3) - Again, Oh boy... 63-12
Covington (3-1) @ TCN (3-1) - Upset special of the week 24-22
Miami East (1-3) @ Bethel (1-3) - just a guess 28-24
Bradford (0-4) @ Arcanum (2-2) - Keep playing Bradford. I know things have been rough 42-0
Ansonia (3-1) @ National Trail (2-2) - could be another track meet. 42-36

TriVillage is deserving of ranking but not quite too 5 yet. They beat Ft Loramie and they are deserving. My thought is the Patriots are on the cusp of being a very good program. That's exciting.

Just because I found pretty descriptive stats on the Tri Village site. Here are Sarver's stats thru 4 games...

Passing - 48/69 (69.5% completion ratio), 690 yards, 4 TD / 1 INT
Rushing - 48 carries, 742 yards and 11 TD. (15.45 yards per carry)

Impressive stats for him and for the CCC. Doesn't he have a big, tall WR that he throws too often? I wonder what that kid's receiving stats are like?

He's got a couple of tall targets. Scantland is the #1 WR and he's listed at 6'5, 175 pounds. He has 18 catches for 359 yards and 3 TD's. There are also 2 different kids with the lastname Finkbine that he throws to. One is listed at 6'5 and the other is listed at 6'4.

I don't think TV will hold up well against Fort Loramie's OLine and DLine, but I am interested to see if they can cause some issues for them with their size on offense. Having skill players that are athletic and 6'4+, is going to cause some issues for teams at the DVII level.

14 points is pretty optimistic IMO. Sarver will not have anywhere close to the time he is used to for completions allowing Ft Loramie to focus on stopping the run. I would say 47-7 would be best case scenario. However, it comes down to how much protection the offensive line can give Sarver. Given enough time and a ability to move the ball I would expect a competitive game, just dont think that is what we will get.

The over under on Tri Village first downs I would put at 9.5 and be comfortable taking the under.

14 points is pretty optimistic IMO. Sarver will not have anywhere close to the time he is used to for completions allowing Ft Loramie to focus on stopping the run. I would say 47-7 would be best case scenario. However, it comes down to how much protection the offensive line can give Sarver. Given enough time and a ability to move the ball I would expect a competitive game, just dont think that is what we will get.

The over under on Tri Village first downs I would put at 9.5 and be comfortable taking the under.

Also remember FL held them to 6 points last year and that score was late in the 4th quarter. FL racked up 42 points in the first 18 minutes of the game last year including a couple defensive touchdowns. Now that FL team was much better IMO than this team is so we will see.

Also we will see what happens to TV kids when they start getting popped in the mouth a little bit. The game of football becomes very mental when you start getting hit for the first time especially against kids who are bigger, and stronger than anything you have seen so far.

One final note, Sagester and TV along with Arcanum are the ring leaders of pushing out FL so I am sure FL's staff will have their kids ready to go, wonder if they will pull a Woody Hayes and score an extra score or two just because they can.

On a separate note.... does any other schools plan on playing following the playoffs ending? I've heard that if TVS loses in the first round, we will play Trail, Preble Shawnee and Eaton in the final 3 weeks of the season. I'm not sure in what order but I actually love it because that's 3 Preble County schools.
Mississinawa Valley will play Bradford in the final week thats all I know of and also im a TV insider

Thanks for the heads up. I was curious about the stats of Sarver but I didn't realize that TV had such a nice online page for the football team. They had write ups for each game and individual stats for each player. Including tackles for the defense. I thought that was very nice.
I do not know his stats. But he is a college level athlete. I actually think he could be a D1 WR. Miami, BGSU type

On a separate note.... does any other schools plan on playing following the playoffs ending? I've heard that if TVS loses in the first round, we will play Trail, Preble Shawnee and Eaton in the final 3 weeks of the season. I'm not sure in what order but I actually love it because that's 3 Preble County schools.
Eaton is scheduled to play south week 8

Yeah, BlessEmAll.... it's actually an exciting game for the locals. Its the closest town to West Alexandria. Given Eaton will beat up on us this year, but there are years in the past 5 years where it would be a good game. I'm hoping the game is at Eaton to play on their field. We will also play Preble Shawnee, which I'm excited about.
Seems like a good thing then. It would be like Milton playing Troy. Gotcha. Eaton has a nice field. Last time I went there it was at that old field they had. It was actually a nice atmosphere there too.

Yeah, BlessEmAll.... it's actually an exciting game for the locals. Its the closest town to West Alexandria. Given Eaton will beat up on us this year, but there are years in the past 5 years where it would be a good game. I'm hoping the game is at Eaton to play on their field. We will also play Preble Shawnee, which I'm excited about.
Yes the game is scheduled to be played at Eaton

The North v. Covington feed on youtube is awful. video feed is stationary, doesn't pan the field or zoom. No audio. By contrast Tri-Villages' feed the other week was decent - about what you would expect.

>>Trail will not have school this week and will not play this Friday night... leaving Covington without an opponent... this weeks match-ups are below. I >>thought Ansonia would be playing Covington as they were both 2nd place in their pool play, but apparently it had been agreed upon that TCN >>would play Ansonia prior.

Well a North - Ansonia game will be a good one. But it doesn't seem right that Covington is left out in the cold.

Any rationale as to why the 2nd seeds aren't playing each other?

Arcanum have a shot at being a lower level to knock off upper level Miami East? I would think so. I will go with 22-21 in a ugly ground game.

Otherwise all other upper level teams win, and most win big.

Covington should take the place of the last place team. Only seems right. This is their last year playing in the conference.

How the mighty have fallen. Bethel beating East is a shocker. I thought East would win that one on pedigree and coaching alone, but they just don't have much this year.

Maybe Covington will have luck picking up a Week 6 game? I know that would be tough if you sit Week 6 and somehow have a bye in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not sure if that will be the case, but naturally wouldn't benefit Covington if that does happen. I do like how the CCC broke out the Week 6 games. Here are my picks:

CCC Championship Game
Fort Loramie 56 Tri-Village 7

TVS 21 Bradford 6
Bethel 28 MV 14
Ansonia 28 TCN 27
Arcanum 28 Miami East 21

I will be very impressed if Tri-Village keeps this under a 30 point victory margin for Fort Loramie (I do think its possible). hats off to TV on the season they are having, they have absolutely earned a top 5 seed.