Cross County Conference 2020 Season

I don't see that they played TC last year but it could have been a scrimmage. It seems that Tri Village got better as the year went on and their season was highlighted with a 50-34 win at Arcanum week 9. I'm not here to argue that Tri Village is a great team. I think they are a wildcard team to watch. They are still young and have a great QB. With a light schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if they are above .500 and pushing for the playoffs. If they had TCN's schedule this upcoming season, I'd say 3-7 is likely.
It was a scrimmage I believe, not regular season.

I agree.... I think Tri Village in general is excited for all sports. There is a lot of expectations following the to be Junior class, which is a scary thing.

I'll quit talking about Tri Village now, lol. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other schools do in the coming years. I know National Trail, TCN and Miami East have all had pretty good Junior High teams recently. I think all teams could be pretty good in the next couple years.
I wish Tri-village good luck!

I agree.... I think Tri Village in general is excited for all sports. There is a lot of expectations following the to be Junior class, which is a scary thing.

I'll quit talking about Tri Village now, lol. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other schools do in the coming years. I know National Trail, TCN and Miami East have all had pretty good Junior High teams recently. I think all teams could be pretty good in the next couple years.
National Trail gets to test it against Milton in ’21-‘22

The AD's are earning their pay for sure with the shortened season. Play 1st 6 games, last 6 games, or throw it all out and start over??? With playoffs being determined by vote, will dominant teams be tip toeing over their opponents so as to not make anyone mad - and vote them out of the playoffs? Crazy Covid season.

Playoff seeding is determined by vote, not entrance. Teams can't vote you out of the playoffs, just give you a lower seed.

He’s a Fort Loramie guy and they will be very good this year. I also don’t blame him for saying it’s not the best for Fort Loramie all 6 games against teams in the conference. At least they should play Covington and Miami East in those games.
I haven't looked. What does Loramie's Schedule look like?

After talking to some people last night, it sounds like we arent going to play in this conference in hopes to pick up 6 independent games, that or join a conference for 1 year (though that is probably too late). havent looked but next year we are supposed to play LCC, Lucas, Newark Catholic, Columbus Academy, and any other competitive independent school, along with minster and covington. I know Coach Wells is only interested in adding tough teams so we will see what happens

Word is Eaton put out some feelers to the county schools for a possible game at the end of the season. Not sure if it is a fill in game or a game after being put out of the playoffs.

Yeah, that's not the case. I was told it would be 2 pools of teams based on how the teams did in the past, like the strategy used to make the schedules. It was already announced to TVS that our schedule will be Fort Loramie, ME, Covington, Bethel and TCN (then a 6th game that's not decided yet). That's the pool that was created based off how the teams did 3-4 years ago. At that time TVS went 7-2 and 7-3 in back to back years and that unfortunately hurts us with scheduling now.

As for if Fort Loramie wants to go schedule games on their own. I actually think that would be a good thing for them. There is no doubt that they could go out and find 6 more competitive games on their own. Even if they keep Covington/ME and look for 4 other games would be good.
If nothing comes up, it is what it is, ya know? We shouldnt complain because right now we should be happy that they are (as of now) letting us play football. I was kinda thinking wishfully in hoping we could join the mac for one year since you only play 6 games anyway and just play 6 more local more competitive games

Yeah, that's not the case. I was told it would be 2 pools of teams based on how the teams did in the past, like the strategy used to make the schedules. It was already announced to TVS that our schedule will be Fort Loramie, ME, Covington, Bethel and TCN (then a 6th game that's not decided yet). That's the pool that was created based off how the teams did 3-4 years ago. At that time TVS went 7-2 and 7-3 in back to back years and that unfortunately hurts us with scheduling now.

As for if Fort Loramie wants to go schedule games on their own. I actually think that would be a good thing for them. There is no doubt that they could go out and find 6 more competitive games on their own. Even if they keep Covington/ME and look for 4 other games would be good.

Sort of a rough schedule for TVS. In reality though, if you only play 6 games and then make the playoffs, the overall schedule means much less. I'm assuming league championships are put on hold this season. Maybe playing a schedule that most prepares your for the playoffs is best?

Sort of a rough schedule for TVS. In reality though, if you only play 6 games and then make the playoffs, the overall schedule means much less. I'm assuming league championships are put on hold this season. Maybe playing a schedule that most prepares your for the playoffs is best?
League championships are nice, but what is remembered for all of prosperity is what you did in the postseason....

League championships are nice, but what is remembered for all of prosperity is what you did in the postseason....

Totally agree. I'm more asking, the league championship is probably not in play this season when schools only play half of their schedule, correct? I am assuming the league's themselves have considered that.

Totally agree. I'm more asking, the league championship is probably not in play this season when schools only play half of their schedule, correct? I am assuming the league's themselves have considered that.
Probably, but if they can and do crown one it's no big deal. We live in a feel good society so I imagine someone, league sanctioned or not, will crown themselves champions

If you want a league champion, do we need to play it all our or can we all just agree whoever wins the loramie covington game is the champion

Its weird seeing everything change this next season. I know FL doesnt have much of a history but there is a lot of history in this conference and it is weird to see the teams split up

As a TVS guy, it will be weird for me. Specifically losing Bethel and Covington, because I have so many memories of them. Miami East hasn't been in the league as long. I will say though that I'm still excited because it has never made sense that we were not in a conference with Dixie and Preble Shawnee. 2 similar sized schools that border our school district. We already play both of those schools in all sports (including football), so I'm excited about that.
Makes sense. With us bordering minster, marion, versailles, and anna i always thought we should play in the MAC. Being in the SCAL for all other sports kinda screwed us for that since those schools dont have football. Half the teams arent very good in those sports either which is why I would be in full support of FL joining the MAC in all athletics if the opportunity ever presented itself.

I dont think this applies to many small conference schools. Sure, in the MAC that's likely true, but even then I recall many years when the MAC has multiple state champions, but only one (typically) conference champ. So winning the conference is much more esteemed in the MAC than most conferences.

On the flip side, Covington is either 0-11 or 0-12 in post season games vs MAC schools. That means logically, even when they win the conference by an average margin of 46 points per game, they know that is the end of the road.

Ft Loramie is a different animal, they have the talent physically to one day compete with a MAC school, of course that means if you are tossing Covington and Miami East for excessive success in the CCC, you certainly have to toss Loramie. Can you imagine Loramie in the CCC for all sports? Their girls would walk away with every league title with the possible exception of a softball title every 10 years or so.

I played on teams who knew we were not going to state, so the battle for conference is still a vivid and good memory. Much more so than a win or two in the postseason.