Cross County Conference 2020-2021

Tri Village is worthy of that rating.
Definitely a top ten team in basketball. They have as good a shot at getting the title as any I am aware of this year. No sleepers in the north east poaying all D-1 teams and having 4 or 5 losses?

Ok, so East will potentially finish second. Bethel and Covington right in the middle of the pack. In basketball appears WOAC is very competitive with the larger schools. Football is a different story, except for Bethel.

Very disjointed this year with inability to attend games. Will the fans return or will they keep doing the new things they have found to do?
Yeah, looks like Arcanum/East will finish 2nd. Bethel has had some strong basketball teams in the past, but they have been more middle of the pack the last couple years. The WOAC will be just fine in basketball. Even adding Preble Shawnee will be a boost. They won the Buckeye Division of the SWBL this year and they will be very good the next 3 years.

I'm really not sure what the future looks like for fans. I would like to think that by next year things will be going back to normal, but only time will tell. I do think that some of the streaming options, like NFHS, are very good options as well and some people might just continue to watch the games from their homes.

Tri Village-returning everyone
Arcanum-should be about the same retain best player
Newton-has a good core of soph and juniors playing well of late
FM- looses seniors few juniors play well
Ansonia- looses seniors few younger players
MV- don’t look to have much coming up losses seniors
Bradford- losses seniors young core keep best player looks to have a good 8th grade
Preble Shawnee- should be tough compete for top really good freshman
Dixie- not sure about them 2-3 win team also
TCN-looses seniors not much behind them
TVS- not sure about 2 win team
NT- Looses Harrison not much behind him
I think this all the WOAC teams for next year should be about the outlook of what’s coming

I’m thinking this could be 2022 4-9 could be a toss up
1.TV
2.PS
3.Arcanum
4.Newton
5.FM
6.Bradford
7.Ansonia
8.NT
9.Dixie
10.TVS
11.TCN
12.MV

TVS defeats Bradford tonight by a score of 50-46.

I think the future looks bright for TVS as there is some nice young talent. Starting with the Freshman class. I look for TVS to be much better next year and even better the years after that.

From what I seen on Twitter
Sagester was COTY
Layne Sarver Jr POTY
1st team was
Josh Scantland Jr TV
Jake Goubeaux Jr Arcanum
Jacob Roeth Fr ME
Aiden Luchini Sr FM
Parker Davidson So Bradford
Mitchell Montgomery Sr Newton
Cameron Harrison Sr NT
Casey Keesee Jr Bethel
Jacob Hamilton Sr Covington

I think that may be all not sure

It'll be interesting when the CCC POTY Sarver and the SWBL Buckeye Division POTY Shrout join the same conference together next season.
Will the Goubeaux kid or the Davidson kid challenge for the POTY of will it just be between them two? They are the only two 1st team coming back in the league

Will the Goubeaux kid or the Davidson kid challenge for the POTY of will it just be between them two? They are the only two 1st team coming back in the league
It's definitely too early to tell. Those other mentioned guys could be considered, and even the Butt kid from Dixie that will return next year. It's just hard to not imagine TV being even better next season since they went undefeated this year, and return their entire team next year. Based off of that I just have to give a big edge to Sarver.

That will be a great game. When is the last time a freshman won POTY? Is this kid a d1 talent?
I don't recall a Freshman winning POTY before in any conference. It's hard to say if he's a D1 talent or not, but I think if he continues to improve, it is a real possibility. Freshman year stats per game... 22.7 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.1 assists. While being a 6'4 point guard that is shooting right at 50% from the field. I really wish Tri Village and Preble Shawnee would have played this year. I think it would have been a great game. I fear that Shawnee might not be as good next year, while Tri Village could be even better.

Sarver is an unusual talent and has a better supporting cast around him making him even better. Tri Village will be improved next year. I still believe their length and athleticism will be a huge factor in the tournament. They seem to be able to compete in idle and then punch the throttle as needed late in the game.

Arcanum lost last night to a Versailles team that’s on a down year. Don’t look good for the league
I don't think anyone is surprised that Versailles beat Arcanum. They may have had a down year, but they beat up on FM, National Trail, Covington and Arcanum this year. If Versailles was in the CCC, they would have had a much better record.

Arcanum lost last night to a Versailles team that’s on a down year. Don’t look good for the league
I am going off of memory here so apologize if I forgot someone, but Versailles did very well vs teams to their south this year with the exception of Miami East (58-44 early season loss) and Franklin (bad loss early, dont remember the score).

The did defeat Covington 49-29, Franklin Monroe 62-31, National Trail 57-45, Northmont 62-58, Bellefontaine 50-44. So 5 of their 8 wins were south, they also beat Fort Recivery, St John's and at least one other that I am forgetting.

Arcanum was actually up 27-24 in the game and got outscored 20- 7 down the stretch. Arcanum is skilled but not particularly athletic and that hurt them vs Versailles, Miami East and Tri Village. Versailles also played Marion Local to a three point game so they are not exactly as bad as their record appears.

Ansonia over riverside tonight 54-42
Bradford had lead 27-25 against Botkins at half ended up 63-45 lost it big in the 3rd was on WTGR

WOW! not a good tournament for the last year of the CCC
I'm not that surprised honestly. The league seemed to be pretty down this year. Most of the better teams were just competitive and the only real good team was Tri Village. I didn't expect anybody outside of Tri Village to make much of a tournament run, but it would have been nice to see a few more wins.

I'm not that surprised honestly. The league seemed to be pretty down this year. Most of the better teams were just competitive and the only real good team was Tri Village. I didn't expect anybody outside of Tri Village to make much of a tournament run, but it would have been nice to see a few more wins.

only surprise I seen was bradford up at half against Botkins and losing by 17 and Ansonia competed with FL for 3 quarters

only surprise I seen was bradford up at half against Botkins and losing by 17 and Ansonia competed with FL for 3 quarters
Those were surprises to me when I saw that as well.

Up next for Tri Village is New Miami on Saturday. Seems like a very winnable game for them, although no game will be easy at this point. I don't know much about New Miami but they appear to be pretty scrappy, but they don't have a lot of height. That could be a problem when they face the size of Tri Village. If they get by that game they will then face the winner of Cedarville/Jackson Center.

Up next for Tri Village is New Miami on Saturday. Seems like a very winnable game for them, although no game will be easy at this point. I don't know much about New Miami but they appear to be pretty scrappy, but they don't have a lot of height. That could be a problem when they face the size of Tri Village. If they get by that game they will then face the winner of Cedarville/Jackson Center.
Good Luck to Tri-VIllage !!!!!!

Historically the further south you go thr weaker the small schools get.

I would be very surprised if new Miami gets within 20.

Cedarville or Jackson Center is a very different story, but I still think Tri Village should win the region. Anything can happen once the games get competitive, but I dont see the district as one of those games.

I think the only interesting game in the d4 district is the JC/Cedarville game.

I think Botkins wins by 20+

Tri Village will win by 30+

JC/Cedarville was a really good game last year, JC didn't play well last week at times against Fairlawn and Russia, but if I had to guess JC's schedule is much stronger than Cedarvilles.

I think the only interesting game in the d4 district is the JC/Cedarville game.

I think Botkins wins by 20+

Tri Village will win by 30+

JC/Cedarville was a really good game last year, JC didn't play well last week at times against Fairlawn and Russia, but if I had to guess JC's schedule is much stronger than Cedarvilles.

Stronger possibly, but this year, I would not agree that it's much stronger. This year might have been as good as the OHC has ever been, especially Cedarville's side of it, and they dominated the league.

Tri-Village should win this region, but I think Cedarville is a serious threat to make a lot of noise this weekend and to give Tri-Village a respectable push in the regional semifinals.

I know this thread is meant for boys basketball but congrats to the Tri-Village girls basketball team making it to the regional final for the first time since 2013!!!

Stronger possibly, but this year, I would not agree that it's much stronger. This year might have been as good as the OHC has ever been, especially Cedarville's side of it, and they dominated the league.

Tri-Village should win this region, but I think Cedarville is a serious threat to make a lot of noise this weekend and to give Tri-Village a respectable push in the regional semifinals.

IMO I think the Shelby County League or the MAC which is where most of JC"s games come from is superior than the OHC, but we will see. Greenview plays Anna and JC plays Cedarville. I understand what you are saying about the OHC being better, and I would agree with you, but SCC lost to Lehman who got drilled by a 3-9 Russia team out of the SCAL. I just think top to bottom the SCAL is better.

JC's Schedule
Marion Local
New Bremen
Minster
Toledo Christian
Coldwater
Columbus Grove
FL x 2
Botkins x 2
Anna x 2

IMO I think the Shelby County League or the MAC which is where most of JC"s games come from is superior than the OHC, but we will see. Greenview plays Anna and JC plays Cedarville. I understand what you are saying about the OHC being better, and I would agree with you, but SCC lost to Lehman who got drilled by a 3-9 Russia team out of the SCAL. I just think top to bottom the SCAL is better.

JC's Schedule
Marion Local
New Bremen
Minster
Toledo Christian
Coldwater
Columbus Grove
FL x 2
Botkins x 2
Anna x 2

We will certainly get to find out, and I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow as long as someone is streaming. Last year JC beat Cedarville by 3 points in the district finals. Cedarville brings the exact same team minus their leading scorer from last year, and I'd argue the kid that runs the show at the moment is a much better all-around player as a senior than he was and their offense has better flow without him firing up shots from everywhere.

Greeneview I expect to lose. They can score some points, but I don't see them getting enough stops to beat Anna with all of the sophomores they play. They will lose a couple of good players from their current senior class, but I would expect them to be better next year and much better two years from now than they are currently.