Cross County Conference 2020-2021

Some solid wins I've seen by the league over the last couple days...

Arcanum 51 Brookville 46
Miami East 58 Versailles 44
Tri Village 42 Troy Christian 31
Ansonia 42 Eaton 34
National Trail 55 Legacy Christian 53

Wow, huge wins. Surprised with the TV vs. TC score. anyone catch that one, thought TV would push the score up a bit higher.

Wow, huge wins. Surprised with the TV vs. TC score. anyone catch that one, thought TV would push the score up a bit higher.
I don't know any details in the game besides I saw that Sarver had 20 points in both games and was MVP of the Holiday Tournament. I think Troy Christian is a decent team, and although Tri Village is good, they are still figuring things out there with Sags back in as coach.

Bradford 60 Bethel 53. A final score from last night that surprised me. Apparently Bradford is much improved this season...

Bradford 60 Bethel 53. A final score from last night that surprised me. Apparently Bradford is much improved this season...
Or Bethel had kids out with Covid. Bradford is possibly better, individually they have a couple nice players, but not deep. Not sure which score surprises me more Bradford over Bethel, or Bethel taking Tri Village to OT?

Tri Village beats Bethel 66-60 in OT. Anyone have any insight on this game? I was surprised to see this score. I expected Tri Village to win this one big.
From a person in the Tri village coaching staff " we spent the last two seasons addlibing and making it up on the fly, those days are over. We nearly lost to Bethel because Sagaster was intent on the kids running exactly what they were told to run and that required multiple benchings during the game for instruction and to drive home the point".

Bethel is down to about where they were last year. No real size or strength. Definitely could see a little bigger Bradford team getting the upper hand.

Undefeated Tri Village goes to Franklin Monroe in a big league matchup tonight. Franklin Monroe is currently 6-2 and 4-0 in the CCC. It'll be interesting to see if they can give Tri Village much of a game tonight.

From a person in the Tri village coaching staff " we spent the last two seasons addlibing and making it up on the fly, those days are over. We nearly lost to Bethel because Sagaster was intent on the kids running exactly what they were told to run and that required multiple benchings during the game for instruction and to drive home the point".

Bethel is down to about where they were last year. No real size or strength. Definitely could see a little bigger Bradford team getting the upper hand.

Thats a real coach right there. Here is how we do it, willing to sacrifice a win. Double bonus when you win every game getting your point home.

Unpopular take: They could win D-4 state two years in a row. Ignoring the drama, that program knows how to win when he is at the helm.

Sucks I cant watch them play in person, and the youtube feeds are so bad it does not cut it for me.

Thats a real coach right there. Here is how we do it, willing to sacrifice a win. Double bonus when you win every game getting your point home.

Unpopular take: They could win D-4 state two years in a row. Ignoring the drama, that program knows how to win when he is at the helm.

Sucks I cant watch them play in person, and the youtube feeds are so bad it does not cut it for me.
I would not want to face them come tournament time. Tall and athletic. Good shooters. I still would not put them with the 2015 team yet, but this is January not March. They will get better.

Tri Village could very easily go undefeated this season. Looking at the remaining games on their schedule, I believe they are heavy favored in all of them. I don't think any CCC school will give them much of a game. Maybe Northridge or Tecumseh could give them a scare if they are having a rough night.

Tri Village should get a favorable tournament draw. I think a District Championship is very likely, but beyond that I'm not sure. I'm not saying they don't have a chance, but there will be some stiff competition. The SCAL has some tough schools this year, and those teams will be battle tested. Cedarville is also having a very good year in D4.

Not that it matters right now but the WOAC site is up and is the same as the one the SWBL and other conferences use. Which I’m glad because that CCC site hasn’t been the best.
Thanks for sharing that, and that's good news. I was hoping the new conferences would go to that style of a site...

Thanks guys. SWBL seems to be keeping up well. Looking forward to the start of the TRC next year.
Looking forward to the new leagues as well...

A quick summary of the CCC this year... It's Tri Village leading the way, with a pack of Miami East, Arcanum, National Trail and Franklin Monroe behind them. Tri Village already beat FM. They host Arcanum tonight and then they play Miami East and Trail in early February. If any league school is going to knock them off, it would be one of them. However, my prediction is that TV goes undefeated this season.

Looking forward to the new leagues as well...

A quick summary of the CCC this year... It's Tri Village leading the way, with a pack of Miami East, Arcanum, National Trail and Franklin Monroe behind them. Tri Village already beat FM. They host Arcanum tonight and then they play Miami East and Trail in early February. If any league school is going to knock them off, it would be one of them. However, my prediction is that TV goes undefeated this season.
I haven't looked the score up from tonight's game but I put Arcanum at #2 in the conference. They can shoot as well as any team but doubt they keep up with Tri village on the glass.

Tri Village 47
Arcanum 35

Was 29-26 at end of 3rd. Tri Village went on a 10-0 run to start the 4th, to go up by 13. Arcanum got it back to 8 ( 43-35) then had to foul.

Tri Village 47
Arcanum 35

Was 29-26 at end of 3rd. Tri Village went on a 10-0 run to start the 4th, to go up by 13. Arcanum got it back to 8 ( 43-35) then had to foul.
Nice win by Tri Village. It sounds like it was a good game.

As for who the #2 team is, keep in mind that Miami East already beat Arcanum by 12 earlier this year. In my previous comment I just grouped the 4 teams together behind Tri Village, because I think they are all close. I think Miami East is the last real test for TV. Trail lost to Covington last night and they are really struggling. They do have Harrison, and a good big man, so they are at least a little dangerous still.

Nice win by Tri Village. It sounds like it was a good game.

As for who the #2 team is, keep in mind that Miami East already beat Arcanum by 12 earlier this year. In my previous comment I just grouped the 4 teams together behind Tri Village, because I think they are all close. I think Miami East is the last real test for TV. Trail lost to Covington last night and they are really struggling. They do have Harrison, and a good big man, so they are at least a little dangerous still.
I saw that score early in the year. (East over Arcanum) . Arcanum is not real physical, but very skilled.

I saw that score early in the year. (East over Arcanum) . Arcanum is not real physical, but very skilled.
I would agree with that. I think Miami East is a bit of a wild card for me. They are definitely a dangerous team. Led in scoring by some very skilled young players. I think the 2 Freshman for East are both very good players. I have no idea on their stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are both averaging double figures in scoring as Freshman.

I read somewhere that East has a great freshman class. Is that the case? Football and Hoops are looking up for the Vikings.

I read somewhere that East has a great freshman class. Is that the case? Football and Hoops are looking up for the Vikings.
I would say that's the case, especially in basketball. Their Freshman class never lost a game in the CCC while they were in Junior High. They have 2 Freshman that start and are 2 of the leading scorers on a 10-3 Varsity basketball team. I'd say the future is definitely looking bright for their basketball program. However, I'm not sure that either of those 2 play football.

I saw a Miami East post on Twitter. The Freshman guard from Miami East is averaging 17.8 pts, 5.5 rebs, 5.2 assists. 2.2 steels per game this year. The other Freshman is averaging 11.3 pts, 5.5 rebs, 3.7 assists per game. Pretty impressive stats for Freshman.

Wow. East will rule the court the next few years. That's impressive. I'm pumped for the new TRC to start. Basketball will be amazing. MU and Northridge will just add to the already tough league play from the CCC teams.