Cross County Conference 2020-2021

Why NT number 2, they lost the big kid who I thought was by far the best player on the team after that we’ll besides the coaches kid who’s a nice player but don’t think he can carry a team not sure they had any other player to talk about is the CCC down this I heard the TCN kid got hurt which will all but end there season.
For Trail you have Harrison who is probably odds on favorite to be player of the year in the CCC once again. Probably between him or Sarver. Then you also have the Weathington kid who is a 6'6 post player who is also a nice player. I'd say those 2 are locks to both be first team all league caliber players. That's going to be a lot more than what some of the other schools have. Losing Woodall does hurt which is why I think Tri Village passes them up this year, but they will still be decent.

I also think teams like Arcanum, Bethel and Miami East are wildcards for me. I don't know what they have returning for sure, but I feel like they could potentially be good.

I've also heard that Stinson at TCN is giving basketball a go this year, I'm not sure if anyone in here can confirm that? I can't imagine he would be at the same level of play that he's been in the years past. Even if he's not 100% of what he's been, that could still help TCN.

I've also heard that Stinson at TCN is giving basketball a go this year, I'm not sure if anyone in here can confirm that? I can't imagine he would be at the same level of play that he's been in the years past. Even if he's not 100% of what he's been, that could still help TCN.
Good for him giving it a go, but unfortunately I’ve seen other kids try and do it and weren’t even half the player they were, but he’s had a great career and deserves his senior season.

What's the scrimmage schedule looking like for the conference schools? TVS goes to Middletown Christian on Thursday. I'm anxious to hear how teams do but I'm not even sure I'll get to see any games this year. I'm hoping schools continue to live stream...

Here are some final scores that I could find from this past weekend.... If anyone else has scores, please share them.

Miami East 47 West Liberty Salem 34
Tri Village 82 Riverside 46
Dixie 48 Twin Valley South 25

Here are some final scores that I could find from this past weekend.... If anyone else has scores, please share them.

Miami East 47 West Liberty Salem 34
Tri Village 82 Riverside 46
Dixie 48 Twin Valley South 25
Did South have a terrible shooting night, or is it just going to be a tough year. Dixie is a little bit better but I wouldn’t think they are 23 points better than South.

Did South have a terrible shooting night, or is it just going to be a tough year. Dixie is a little bit better but I wouldn’t think they are 23 points better than South.
I watched the majority of the game on the live stream. We had a horrible shooting game, but it will also be a rough year for us. We really struggled with the zone. We didn’t make our first shot until the 2nd quarter. I’d guess we shot below 20% from the field for the entire game. Props to Dixie though, they played well and I do think they will be more competitive this year.

I know it's still early, and some teams probably haven't played yet. But for the teams that have already played, how has everyone looked so far?

As mentioned above, Tri Village had a big win over Riverside and I saw that Sarver had 25 points. Miami East had a nice win over West Liberty Salem and from what I could see they were lead by young guys in scoring. 2 Freshman and 1 Sophomore were the 3 leading scorers. I also saw that Bethel defeated Dayton Christian on Tuesday. Hopefully that's a good sign for some good basketball this year....

Hear that Tri Village is loaded up this year. Newton was scrappy vs Milton on Tuesday. The Indians always play Milton tough.

Hear that Tri Village is loaded up this year. Newton was scrappy vs Milton on Tuesday. The Indians always play Milton tough.
I do think Tri Village will be the team to beat this year. I think they have a chance to win 20 games this regular season. They have the talent and with Sagaster back in as head coach, I don't think they will have many let down games.

National Trail is the one team that might be able to challenge them in league. They return Harrison, who was player of the year in the conference last season. He's very tough, plus I know they have another tall post player that is first team all league caliber. I'm just not sure they have the supporting cast they've had over the past couple years. Time will tell.

Tri Village beats Bethel 66-60 in OT. Anyone have any insight on this game? I was surprised to see this score. I expected Tri Village to win this one big.

Here are some league scores I found from this weekend...

Newton 56 Covington 43 (12/4)
Newton 49 Lehman Catholic 55 (12/5)
Miami East 77 Miss Valley 45
Tri Village 66 Bethel 60
Arcanum 42 TVS 19
Ansonia 43 Houston 30

Some scores from this weekend...

Franklin Monroe 60 Miami East 59
Franklin Monroe 22 Legacy Christian 48
Twin Valley South 54 Waynesville 74
Tri Village 60 Ansonia 38
Covington 51 Miss Valley 46
Covington 34 Northridge 60
Bethel 78 Newton 69
National Trail 58 Carlisle 48
Arcanum 48 TCN 39

This makes zero sense to me. What in the world.

Franklin Monroe 22 Legacy Christian 48t

Covid impacts? Will be so hard to correlate scores since we no clue who had impacts from the rona.

This makes zero sense to me. What in the world.

Franklin Monroe 22 Legacy Christian 48t

Covid impacts? Will be so hard to correlate scores since we no clue who had impacts from the rona.
If that game was at Legacy that floor can be an experience in itself. Looking at the score by quarters FM had 3+10+4+5=22.

Emmanuel Christian 48
Legacy 45

One of the Riddle kids was out for that game.

Emmanuel Christian > Legacy who is 2x > Franklin Monroe who is > Miami East.

At this rate Emmanuel Christian should defeat Miami East about 60-20?

If that game was at Legacy that floor can be an experience in itself. Looking at the score by quarters FM had 3+10+4+5=22.

Emmanuel Christian 48
Legacy 45

One of the Riddle kids was out for that game.

Emmanuel Christian > Legacy who is 2x > Franklin Monroe who is > Miami East.

At this rate Emmanuel Christian should defeat Miami East about 60-20?
In 2020 then, ME 52 EC 30 ha ha

It seems Bradford may be much improved this season. They lost to Covington 58-57 the other night and had a Sophomore score 31 points for them. Maybe things are looking up for Bradford... I hope so.

It seems Bradford may be much improved this season. They lost to Covington 58-57 the other night and had a Sophomore score 31 points for them. Maybe things are looking up for Bradford... I hope so.
A young tc team whipped them pretty bad last night. Hard to tell in covid era though if they were missing players etc.

A young tc team whipped them pretty bad last night. Hard to tell in covid era though if they were missing players etc.
I'm not saying they are a good team, just maybe more competitive than in the past. I tried to confirm on Maxpreps, and I believe that Bradford hasn't won a conference game since 1/13/17. The fact that they had a 1 point loss to Covington the other night is a good sign.

I'm not saying they are a good team, just maybe more competitive than in the past. I tried to confirm on Maxpreps, and I believe that Bradford hasn't won a conference game since 1/13/17. The fact that they had a 1 point loss to Covington the other night is a good sign.
WOW! its been that long since Bradford won a boys basketball game in the CCC! I did not know that it was that long ago since they won a CCC game

So as a Preble Shawnee fan trying to figure out what kind of teams we will be playing other than the CCC teams we always play, how does Miss Valley stack up in the league Arrows played them Saturday and I’ll be honest it wasn’t much of a game, I’m positive this isn’t the CCC top team in Miss Valley but does Miss Valley honestly beat Bradford because that score Saturday was 80-29 and the Arrows put 3 freshman on the floor in the 4th.

So as a Preble Shawnee fan trying to figure out what kind of teams we will be playing other than the CCC teams we always play, how does Miss Valley stack up in the league Arrows played them Saturday and I’ll be honest it wasn’t much of a game, I’m positive this isn’t the CCC top team in Miss Valley but does Miss Valley honestly beat Bradford because that score Saturday was 80-29 and the Arrows put 3 freshman on the floor in the 4th.
Miss Valley has been hit or miss over the years. They've had some good teams, but they've had some down years. I believe this year could be more of a down year for them with what I've seen so far. They have a good coach, and I believe they are usually one of the better coached teams. They were probably just completely outgunned with you guys this year.

As for the future WOAC teams in the conference... Tri Village, National Trail, Arcanum and Franklin Monroe appear to be some of the stronger teams in the league this year that will be in the league with Preble Shawnee next season. Not sure how those teams will be next year, besides Tri Village... pretty much their entire team this year will be back next year.

Guess everything cycles. I remember when we were guaranteed one win in playing Newton or Preble Shawnee and faced a near certain loss in Mississinawa Valley on their bouncy rubber floor back in the 1980's.

Last years Mississinawa team was pretty strong and I completely agree they are well coached.
Preble Shawnee must be much improved from those early CCC days.

The other thing though is scores seem to mean less this year than normal.

Guess everything cycles. I remember when we were guaranteed one win in playing Newton or Preble Shawnee and faced a near certain loss in Mississinawa Valley on their bouncy rubber floor back in the 1980's.

Last years Mississinawa team was pretty strong and I completely agree they are well coached.
Preble Shawnee must be much improved from those early CCC days.

The other thing though is scores seem to mean less this year than normal.
That’s for sure true things do cycle, guess I was more looking at has Miss Valley had some wins this year or maybe missing a guy or two. Shawnee maybe has two of there better players that they’ve ever had on this years team, we always play NT, North, South and Arcanum, but I really don’t ever remember playing Miss Valley ever so in a lot of ways it’s cool getting to see schools that you will be playing the next 20/30 years.

Some solid wins I've seen by the league over the last couple days...

Arcanum 51 Brookville 46
Miami East 58 Versailles 44
Tri Village 42 Troy Christian 31
Ansonia 42 Eaton 34
National Trail 55 Legacy Christian 53