Cross County Conference 2019-2020

I would want to see that and it makes sense. Instead we are looking at Botkins vs. Fort Loramie and Jackson Center vs. Fairlawn/Troy Christian as the sectional finals games coming out of Piqua. That's 5 of the top 6 teams you just mentioned in your rankings. There are only 3 schools with a winning record in Troy sectional. It's pretty sad.

I mean it wouldn't work out like that exactly but you would get better games throughout the tournament for sure..

some teams will run from certain teams and load up in brackets, but for the most part things would be way more competitive.

Tomorrow night is the final home game for Tony Augspurger as the coach of TVS. He will be a huge loss for the school and our conference. He's been with the program since 1988, and has accumulated over 400 victories, and multiple league championships. I wish I had the official stats for wins and league championships, but from my memory he has atleast 5-6 league championships, with the final one being last year. He's had one heck of a run, but I do think the time is right. He's retiring from the AD/Teaching position as well and will move on to the next chapter of his life.

TVS will be in total rebuild mode, and will have some more rough years bringing in a new coach/system and getting the talent level back up. There is some talent in the youth programs, so I think if a coach can come in and recruit/build with the TVS kids, TVS could be back to being very competitive in the next 2-3 years. We just need to work to getting the kids back to playing basketball. Having 15 kids in the entire high school program is not a good thing. We need a Freshman team, and a JV team of Sophomore/Juniors.... there are enough kids for that to happen.

Kind of a shocker that Houston is in D3 this year. They get Madison in round 1. CCC is always well represented. SCAL is the MAC of basketball. Anna, Jackson Center... wow.

It was a magical night in the TVS gym last night. Prior to the Varsity game there was a nice ceremony for Coach Augspurger naming the basketball court “Coach A Court”. In the presence of a near packed house full of family, friends and former players. He gave an emotional speech thanking everyone and you could tell it was going to be one of those nights.

TVS trailed for most the night but a late run left them with a chance at the end. TVS knocked down a 3 pointer with 3 seconds left to take a 3 point lead. It felt like that was the game winner. But Arcanum had other plans. At the buzzer an Arcanum kid hit a 3 pointer from the volleyball line to send it to OT. In OT both teams would struggle to score but TVS had the ball with a chance for the last shot. TVS got the ball in the hands of their best player (Peterson), and he hit a jumper from just inside the FT line at the buzzer for the win. It capped off a night to remember for all TVS fans that were there.

Also, no disrespect to Arcanum but the TVS kids played their game of the year. I’ve seen many games and this was by far the best we looked all year. The boys could have been fired up playing for the coach, I’m sure that could have something to do with it. If TVS can play the same type of game in the tourney, I believe we have a real shot to win a game or 2.

Also, no disrespect to Arcanum but the TVS kids played their game of the year. I’ve seen many games and this was by far the best we looked all year. The boys could have been fired up playing for the coach, I’m sure that could have something to do with it. If TVS can play the same type of game in the tourney, I believe we have a real shot to win a game or 2.
Great way to go out for coach A. TVS has certainly improved immensely from where they were back in December.

Great way to go out for coach A. TVS has certainly improved immensely from where they were back in December.
No doubt that we have improved. Started the season at 0-11... in the last half of the season is when we had all 4 of our wins. Including 3 of our wins being against teams with winning records (Arcanum, Ansonia, Dayton Christian). Outside of the Tri Village game, where we absolutely laid an egg, all the games were competitive. Being D4 this year, it would have been nice to put ourselves in a position to have a better draw, but that was unfortunately not the case. I said we have a shot to win a game or 2, but it will be tough playing Cedarville first .

Just for fun... I want to look at all the league tournament games for round 1 of the tournament. It's going to be a quick tournament exit for the majority of the teams. The only team I feel good about winning is National Trail. I think Arcanum and Tri Village both have good chances as well. Miss Valley, Ansonia, TCN and FM all have reasonable chances. I wouldn't be surprised if only 4-5 CCC teams remain after round 1, and that's counting TVS as they have a BYE.

Division 3
2/21 - #16 Bethel vs. #7 West Liberty Salem
2/25 - #11 Arcanum vs. #10 Milton Union
2/27 - #17 Miami East vs. #4 National Trail

Division 4
2/21 - #7 Miss Valley vs. #6 Sidney Lehman
2/21 - #12 Newton vs. #2 Botkins
2/22 - #10 Covington vs. #4 Fairlawn
2/22 - #8 Ansonia vs. #5 Troy Christian
2/22 - #1 Jackson Center vs. #13 Bradford
2/21 - #3 Tri Village vs. #8 Catholic Central
2/22 - #6 TCN vs. #5 Southeastern
2/22 - #7 FM vs. #4 Jefferson
BYE - TVS

Just for fun... I want to look at all the league tournament games for round 1 of the tournament. It's going to be a quick tournament exit for the majority of the teams. The only team I feel good about winning is National Trail. I think Arcanum and Tri Village both have good chances as well. Miss Valley, Ansonia, TCN and FM all have reasonable chances. I wouldn't be surprised if only 4-5 CCC teams remain after round 1, and that's counting TVS as they have a BYE.

Division 3
2/21 - #16 Bethel vs. #7 West Liberty Salem
2/25 - #11 Arcanum vs. #10 Milton Union
2/27 - #17 Miami East vs. #4 National Trail

Division 4
2/21 - #7 Miss Valley vs. #6 Sidney Lehman
2/21 - #12 Newton vs. #2 Botkins
2/22 - #10 Covington vs. #4 Fairlawn
2/22 - #8 Ansonia vs. #5 Troy Christian
2/22 - #1 Jackson Center vs. #13 Bradford
2/21 - #3 Tri Village vs. #8 Catholic Central
2/22 - #6 TCN vs. #5 Southeastern
2/22 - #7 FM vs. #4 Jefferson
BYE - TVS
You are correct, there are not many games I would favor the CCC team. Mississinawa vs Lehman should be an excellent cat and mouse game as it will be a good offense vs good defense on one end of floor and poor offense vs poor defense on the other end. Probably a matchup that will be frustrating for the average fan. I would favor Lehman in this one as they are capable of hitting from the outside.
The FM vs Jefferson game is another tough call, but I think Jefferson will be too quick for a rather slow FM to stop. Ansonia vs Troy Christian, will come down to how Troy Christian shoots the ball, but TC should have the edge. Can't see Tri Village dropping out to Cathlic Central but the Patriots have majorly underperformed considering their talent this year. Arcanum is playing much better as if late while Milton is heading the other direction, so I will pick the Trojans.

So my picks to reach round two are 1- TVS (pretty much a given vs bye) 2- Trail over East 3- Tri Village over Central 4- Arcanum over Milton and 5- either TCN, FM, Ansonia or Mississinawa. I think one of those 4 will prevail.

The other games little hope for CCC.

You are correct, there are not many games I would favor the CCC team. Mississinawa vs Lehman should be an excellent cat and mouse game as it will be a good offense vs good defense on one end of floor and poor offense vs poor defense on the other end. Probably a matchup that will be frustrating for the average fan. I would favor Lehman in this one as they are capable of hitting from the outside.
The FM vs Jefferson game is another tough call, but I think Jefferson will be too quick for a rather slow FM to stop. Ansonia vs Troy Christian, will come down to how Troy Christian shoots the ball, but TC should have the edge. Can't see Tri Village dropping out to Cathlic Central but the Patriots have majorly underperformed considering their talent this year. Arcanum is playing much better as if late while Milton is heading the other direction, so I will pick the Trojans.

So my picks to reach round two are 1- TVS (pretty much a given vs bye) 2- Trail over East 3- Tri Village over Central 4- Arcanum over Milton and 5- either TCN, FM, Ansonia or Mississinawa. I think one of those 4 will prevail.

The other games little hope for CCC.
Why is Milton heading the other direction? A late season win over Waynesville was headed the other direction? Playing at Arcanum is always tough. Facing off twice in two weeks doesn’t favor Arcanum. I’ll pick the Bulldogs by 5. Yeah, homer pick. GO DOGS!!!

Why is Milton heading the other direction? A late season win over Waynesville was headed the other direction? Playing at Arcanum is always tough. Facing off twice in two weeks doesn’t favor Arcanum. I’ll pick the Bulldogs by 5. Yeah, homer pick. GO DOGS!!!
I was worried about Arcanum beating Milton twice in a 2 week span. Sure I think they can but that game is a toss up to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Milton won this game.

I was worried about Arcanum beating Milton twice in a 2 week span. Sure I think they can but that game is a toss up to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Milton won this game.
Gotta go with Milton in this one especially how the freshman Brumbaugh played first time around....he will play better and you think the loss will motivate Milton? Maybe a little

Not sure why they have not kept the early season momentum going.

Arcanum on the other hand was pretty much off of expectations and has finally gotten to the level many expected of them from the start.

Beating the same team twice so close together is tough, as the first round loser seems to always have the mental edge.

Not sure why they have not kept the early season momentum going.

Arcanum on the other hand was pretty much off of expectations and has finally gotten to the level many expected of them from the start.

Beating the same team twice so close together is tough, as the first round loser seems to always have the mental edge.
I don't make too much out of the fact that these 2 teams already played. At the time they played, they already knew that they would meet again in the tournament 2 weeks later, and I'm sure neither team showed very much. I expect a much different ball game the 2nd time around.

I also wouldn't talk like Arcanum finished the season strong. I just got to watch them live for the first time this past Friday and I witnessed them lose to 4-18 TVS. Sure there were other circumstances around that night, but still Arcanum did not look very good.

I don't make too much out of the fact that these 2 teams already played. At the time they played, they already knew that they would meet again in the tournament 2 weeks later, and I'm sure neither team showed very much. I expect a much different ball game the 2nd time around.

I also wouldn't talk like Arcanum finished the season strong. I just got to watch them live for the first time this past Friday and I witnessed them lose to 4-18 TVS. Sure there were other circumstances around that night, but still Arcanum did not look very good.

Good points.

Good points.
Not to go back and forth on this topic, but I didn't say all of that to discredit Arcanum. They are still a good ball team with a lot of talent. This Senior class had a lot of expectations their entire career, and being led by Gray and Delk, I don't think Arcanum will go down easy. I expect the Arcanum vs. Milton Union game to be a battle and I'm 50/50 on who I think will win.

is there any chance of getting the season final records for all the teams ?
The CCC site is terrible, but there is standings listed on MaxPreps.... I do know that it doesn't show all 22 games for all teams, but it's the only info. I could find.

https://www.maxpreps.com/league/D17vO4gt9kKvIygSzPzASw/standings-cross-county.htm

use mattzircher.com it is the best website for league standings and individual schedules with records.

Any word on where Carter Gray is going to school ?
I have not heard. I think he should have a chance to go somewhere to play at the next level. I'm not sure how big of a school he can go to and play. He does have decent size and his ability to shoot from the outside will help. Unlike many people from our league before, he does have a 247 profile. It doesn't have a lot of info. on it though.

Couple surprises so far from CCC teams. 1- Covington (knocks off Fairlawn) used their height very well on defense to stop a Fairlawn team that was intent on scoring off the dribble.

2- Franklin Monroe- anytime you get a win after the season they have had it's a surprise. But kudos to not quitting on themselves.

Tri Village out first round was not a big surprise. They are possibly the worst team I have seen that has enough talent to have reached the regionals if not for an obvious rub between coach and players. They have some repair work to do in the off season.

Mississinawa defense over Lehman offense 38-31.

So, CCC over performs with TCN, Mississinawa, FM, Covington all still alive after round one, and Trail, TVS, Arcanum and Miami East yet to play.

Mississinawa defense over Lehman offense 38-31.

So, CCC over performs with TCN, Mississinawa, FM, Covington all still alive after round one, and Trail, TVS, Arcanum and Miami East yet to play.
I’m glad they are proving me wrong. It’s great to see some of the league teams get early tournament wins. TCN now plays FM in the next round so one of them will now be advancing to the Sectional Finals.

Couple surprises so far from CCC teams. 1- Covington (knocks off Fairlawn) used their height very well on defense to stop a Fairlawn team that was intent on scoring off the dribble.

2- Franklin Monroe- anytime you get a win after the season they have had it's a surprise. But kudos to not quitting on themselves.

Tri Village out first round was not a big surprise. They are possibly the worst team I have seen that has enough talent to have reached the regionals if not for an obvious rub between coach and players. They have some repair work to do in the off season.
I can’t believe it’s went so bad at Tri Village. I saw them look like a great team when they destroyed TVS. I also thought that at one point they were trending in the right direction. I have a feeling that it’s going to be an interesting off season for Tri Village.

The way the new coach has been treated at Tri Village is appalling at best. Had Tri Village won 20 games this season, a sectional, a district, a regional whatever it would not have mattered to the die hard Sagester supporters. I witnessed the new coach get attacked verbally repeatedly during games consistently by a Tri Village donor and nothing was was a done about it. Tri Village has good young talent and I believe they will have some success if there is genuine support for the players and coaches. As a die hard TV supporter and parent I would like to see our fans quit sitting on their hands during games and actually cheer for our players and coaches instead of yelling obscenities at the bench. Shameful.

The way the new coach has been treated at Tri Village is appalling at best. Had Tri Village won 20 games this season, a sectional, a district, a regional whatever it would not have mattered to the die hard Sagester supporters. I witnessed the new coach get attacked verbally repeatedly during games consistently by a Tri Village donor and nothing was was a done about it. Tri Village has good young talent and I believe they will have some success if there is genuine support for the players and coaches. As a die hard TV supporter and parent I would like to see our fans quit sitting on their hands during games and actually cheer for our players and coaches instead of yelling obscenities at the bench. Shameful.
As a TV fan and supporter, do you think the new coach will get another season, or will there be changes immediately? It seems that it’s only a matter of time before Sagaster is back in there. Especially with the young talent and the fact his son is in the 6th grade.

As a TV fan and supporter, do you think the new coach will get another season, or will there be changes immediately? It seems that it’s only a matter of time before Sagaster is back in there. Especially with the young talent and the fact his son is in the 6th grade.

I honestly do not know the answer to that question.
If our coach were to leave I would say TV would have a very hard time finding anyone who would want to put up with all the BS.
There are many problems at TV and none of them involve the players or the coaches.

What talent? The soph is good. The two redshirts may be early bloomers. I dont see what everyone is excited about.

The coach was having an issue with the players. From my vantage point the coach was not the problem.