Cross County Conference 2019-2020

I am not 100% sold on the TV future dominance run. I sense some early bloomers/kids that were held back that the pack will catch up with. I saw them play vs Legacy Christian and they looked like a team that did not like their coach. I did not see a well coached team at all.
Tri Village does start 2 redshirt Freshman at the guard positions. Both of them being strategically held back for athletics, and both of them transferred in to Tri Village. However they are both nice players. I think the Suggs kid will actually be very good. You mix that with a nice couple classes with size and athleticism, and they have the potential to be very good. The Sarver kid that's a Sophomore is a heck of an athlete and a good scorer. At 6'4 you don't see too many athletes like that in our conference. I think he has the potential to be league player of the year in his Junior/Senior seasons.

I don't know enough about the last 2 coaches to say what specifically they were doing good/bad. I just know that being at Tri Village with the expectations they have, it's a tough spot to be in. Especially with the lack of talent they have had for a 2-3 year span. Now that the talent is coming back into the program, there is no doubt in my mind that Sags will eventually end up the head coach again. His son is a 6th grader, and he's been coaching his metro teams, and they are very good. They went undefeated playing in the Dayton Division 1 bracket last year. I don't know how it's going to happen, and I'm not saying it should happen. But I believe Sags will coach again, and when he does they will win a lot of basketball games. Say what you want about him and his past, but the guy is a great basketball coach.

Tri Village does start 2 redshirt Freshman at the guard positions. Both of them being strategically held back for athletics, and both of them transferred in to Tri Village. However they are both nice players. I think the Suggs kid will actually be very good. You mix that with a nice couple classes with size and athleticism, and they have the potential to be very good. The Sarver kid that's a Sophomore is a heck of an athlete and a good scorer. At 6'4 you don't see too many athletes like that in our conference. I think he has the potential to be league player of the year in his Junior/Senior seasons.

I don't know enough about the last 2 coaches to say what specifically they were doing good/bad. I just know that being at Tri Village with the expectations they have, it's a tough spot to be in. Especially with the lack of talent they have had for a 2-3 year span. Now that the talent is coming back into the program, there is no doubt in my mind that Sags will eventually end up the head coach again. His son is a 6th grader, and he's been coaching his metro teams, and they are very good. They went undefeated playing in the Dayton Division 1 bracket last year. I don't know how it's going to happen, and I'm not saying it should happen. But I believe Sags will coach again, and when he does they will win a lot of basketball games. Say what you want about him and his past, but the guy is a great basketball coach.

I have no idea if he is a good coach or not. He won with college basketball players. Lots and lots of guys can do that.

His chance to show his true value and coach no talent, he quite. We have no clue if he can truly coach or just organize good players.

I have no idea if he is a good coach or not. He won with college basketball players. Lots and lots of guys can do that.

His chance to show his true value and coach no talent, he quite. We have no clue if he can truly coach or just organize good players.
I agree with that. I would have liked to see him coach through the years with limited talent. If he gets to step back in when they have a lot of talent again and they win a lot it won’t prove a lot to me. But I’m afraid that it might happen.

Jets shoot daggers in 1st half, foul shots in 2nd half for the win.

Coach Myers had to be concerned how his young team would react playing on the road at TVS after being manhandled by Arcanum the night before 19-50. Would the team be able to come back up off the mat and compete? The plucky team showed that they came to play and built a 1st quarter lead that they...

Summary, box score, and pics at:
Chris Tilton Sports

Wow... what a year for TVS. 2-17 with 3 games left. Would have hoped for better in Augspurger's final season. He's had a great run and it'll be tough replacing him, but things are going to be changing at TVS. I look for a couple more down years before the talent starts building up, and whoever the new coach is gets his system in place.

Miss Valley hosts National Trail on Friday night. This is probably the last real meaningful game concerning the league title. If Miss Valley can pull the upset, they will likely share the league title with Trail. I still feel that Trail will win this game by double digits, but there is still a chance. Miss Valley is still listed with only 1 league loss. I know the conference site isn't the best, but Miss Valley did lose to Ansonia a couple weekends back. Is there a chance those 2 schools played, but it wasn't a league game? It was the 2nd time those 2 schools played.

Miss Valley is still listed with only 1 league loss. I know the conference site isn't the best, but Miss Valley did lose to Ansonia a couple weekends back. Is there a chance those 2 schools played, but it wasn't a league game? It was the 2nd time those 2 schools played.

Must have been a non-league game because everybody I talked to Saturday said MV was 8-1 in league play.

National Trail plays at Miss Valley this Friday night. This game looks to be for the league championship. If Trail wins they will win the league outright. If Miss Valley wins, they can earn a share of the league title. I still favor Trail by around 10 points in this one, but I hope it's a good game.

Does anyone believe Miss Valley has a real chance to win this game? They do have one league loss that was very early in the season (1st league game for them), and I do believe that Miss Valley would love to have that one back. They've beaten everyone else in the league games including Arcanum, Ansonia and Tri Village. They have also played some tough OOC games. They have played Fort Recovery, Minster and Troy Christian to name a few. Even though they haven't won those, it's good competition.

National Trail plays at Miss Valley this Friday night. This game looks to be for the league championship. If Trail wins they will win the league outright. If Miss Valley wins, they can earn a share of the league title. I still favor Trail by around 10 points in this one, but I hope it's a good game.

Does anyone believe Miss Valley has a real chance to win this game? They do have one league loss that was very early in the season (1st league game for them), and I do believe that Miss Valley would love to have that one back. They've beaten everyone else in the league games including Arcanum, Ansonia and Tri Village. They have also played some tough OOC games. They have played Fort Recovery, Minster and Troy Christian to name a few. Even though they haven't won those, it's good competition.
I give them a chance but not a likelihood. Think it could go from winning by five to losing by 15 with a five point National Trail win being the most probable. Mississinawa has trouble scoring so a fluke good shooting night could really make them a formidable opponent.

I give them a chance but not a likelihood. Think it could go from winning by five to losing by 15 with a five point National Trail win being the most probable. Mississinawa has trouble scoring so a fluke good shooting night could really make them a formidable opponent.
I agree with that. I expect Mississinawa to come out very fundamental and play solid defense. I think Harrison and Woodall will be by far the 2 best players on the court and Mississinawa is going to need to control them. If Mississinawa can get them to rely on the 3 pointer, then I think they have a chance especially if Trail has an off shooting night. I'd still predict more to the Trail by 10-15 points side though.

Blackhawks Over North

In workmanlike fashion the Mississinawa Blackhawks dispatched the Tri-County North Panthers. An opportunistic defense generated points off of turnovers and the offense was able to create scoring...

Summary, box score and pics at: Chris Tilton Sports

Blackhawk Defense against the Trail Offense next Friday.

Did the National Trail vs. Miss Valley game get cancelled? I know a lot of schools had school get cancelled today, but some schools are still playing their game tonight. I was curious...

Did the National Trail vs. Miss Valley game get cancelled? I know a lot of schools had school get cancelled today, but some schools are still playing their game tonight. I was curious...
They played. National Trail jumped out by 8 after qt 1, 17-9. From that point on it was very even, Trail wins 58-50.

And they won! He must be just evil and awful. Lol
Whats going on with TV. If your a young team with a guru coach you get better not worse towards February. Could have easily lost to LC and TC, then lose to some mediocre teams. While, the future is bright, there is still questions.

Trojans Defeat Arrows

The Trojans got off to a slow start against the SWBL's Preble Shawnee Arrows. The visiting Trojans struggled early to assert themselves on offense. But by the 2nd half they had found their offense and the defense seemed to feed off of that success as the Arrows found it hard to score. The Trojans played 2 entirely different halves of basketball and were successful, finally putting Shawnee away easily 59-47.

box score and pics at:

Chris Tilton Sports

Congrats to National Trail on a great season and winning the league outright!!!

How does everyone feel about the tournament draw? I see Trail has a very winnable path to District Finals, but there they will match up with #1 seeded Anna there, and that will be tough. Arcanum has been playing better as of late, they will have Milton Union first and then Madison to get to the District Finals. Both of those teams are pretty good. Tri Village is the last team I think that could make a run in our conference, Tri Village should have no problem winning their first 2 games and will match up with #1 seeded Emmanuel Christian in the Sectional Finals. I actually think this is a winnable game for Tri Village. What are everyone's thoughts?

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see TCN wins a couple games in a very weak D4 bracket. They have 6-14 Southeastern in the first game, and then if they win they would play the winner of FM/Jefferson. Seems like winnable games for TCN. At that they would likely play Cedarville in the Sectional Finals.

How does everyone feel about the tournament draw? I see Trail has a very winnable path to District Finals, but there they will match up with #1 seeded Anna there, and that will be tough. Arcanum has been playing better as of late, they will have Milton Union first and then Madison to get to the District Finals. Both of those teams are pretty good. Tri Village is the last team I think that could make a run in our conference, Tri Village should have no problem winning their first 2 games and will match up with #1 seeded Emmanuel Christian in the Sectional Finals. I actually think this is a winnable game for Tri Village. What are everyone's thoughts?
Trail will have a hard time beating Anna. They did play Versailles well in a loss. Arcanum will have a better chance beating Milton than Madison. The Mohawks have the SWBL’s leading scorer.
the CCC will have a strong showing I’m sure. Milton and Arcanum play Tuesday night in a preview of this tournament game.

Trail will have a hard time beating Anna. They did play Versailles well in a loss. Arcanum will have a better chance beating Milton than Madison. The Mohawks have the SWBL’s leading scorer.
the CCC will have a strong showing I’m sure. Milton and Arcanum play Tuesday night in a preview of this tournament game.
I agree, I don't think that Trail will be able to get past Anna this year. But still a 2nd consecutive District Championship appearance would be nice accomplishment.

I think it's crazy that Milton Union and Arcanum play tomorrow night and once again in 2 weeks in the tournament. Both teams won't show much tomorrow night. I think the Milton Union vs. Arcanum games will be good. I don't think Arcanum will have enough to take down Madison though if they do win their first game in the tournament.

Tri Village just lost to Covington friday........but you right that Troy sectional is a joke! The winner of that sectional will get beat by 25+ in the district finals.....

Tri Village just lost to Covington friday........but you right that Troy sectional is a joke! The winner of that sectional will get beat by 25+ in the district finals.....
Agreed, it's an awful sectional. Tri Village, being so young and inconsistent, is definitely capable of losing their first tournament game. But with the lack of competition in this sectional, if they play well they can win 2-3 games.

Agreed, it's an awful sectional. Tri Village, being so young and inconsistent, is definitely capable of losing their first tournament game. But with the lack of competition in this sectional, if they play well they can win 2-3 games.

As bad as the Troy Sectional is, the Piqua sectional is the Sectional of Death. I think literally any of the top 6 seeds could get out. Some exciting basketball. The team to get out of Piqua could go awhile in D4. Cant we be smarter and balance these sectionals a little better? I would feel Jackson Center is the favorite, but one of the CCC teams could do something in it.

As bad as the Troy Sectional is, the Piqua sectional is the Sectional of Death. I think literally any of the top 6 seeds could get out. Some exciting basketball. The team to get out of Piqua could go awhile in D4. Cant we be smarter and balance these sectionals a little better? I would feel Jackson Center is the favorite, but one of the CCC teams could do something in it.

You mean the Shelby County League Tournament....aka the Piqua Sectional? I can't believe the SW d4 has not opened it up, it is a joke they have two unbalanced sectionals, not including the cincy one!

Piqua's top 6 or 7 seeds all have winning records....Tri Village at 11-10 is the third best team in Troy...that is awful, really unfair for some of the teams in piqua

I am betting on all SCAL finals for Piqua. I think Miss Valley beats Lehman and that is the only CCC or non SCAL victory.

There are three teams sitting at seeds 5,6 and 7 that have been inconsistent at times throughout the year. Yes, the shelby county schools have all played well this year and it would take something pretty remarkable by Lehman or Troy Christian to get past them, but not impossible.

When I look at Troy Tri Village has the most talent, and is the only public school on their side of the bracket. The other bracket is all public schools. I dont see Tri Village getting by Emmanuel if they commit as many turnovers as they like. Cedarville? Have not seen them but must be pretty solid and that looks like a easy path for them until they face Jackson Center , Fairlawn or Troy Christian coming down from Piqua. Pretty easy to see why Emanuel went where they did but I am surprised more higher seeds didn't join them.

Balance gets distorted by the Shelby County schools. Jackson Center, Botkins, Ft Loramie and Fairlawn are pretty solid, and Russia has a decent team that has just been beat up by the stronger teams. Perhaps they should open the seeding up like they do in D1, what is it they call that "open seeding"? That allows a teams to spread out more. I would bet if all of Troy and Piqua were put together the top 4 seeds would all be from Piqua.
Seven years ago at Troy there was Tri Village, Bethel, Franklin Monroe and Troy Christian, all arguably in the top 10 of D4 in the state, so I guess it cycles around.

There are three teams sitting at seeds 5,6 and 7 that have been inconsistent at times throughout the year. Yes, the shelby county schools have all played well this year and it would take something pretty remarkable by Lehman or Troy Christian to get past them, but not impossible.

When I look at Troy Tri Village has the most talent, and is the only public school on their side of the bracket. The other bracket is all public schools. I dont see Tri Village getting by Emmanuel if they commit as many turnovers as they like. Cedarville? Have not seen them but must be pretty solid and that looks like a easy path for them until they face Jackson Center , Fairlawn or Troy Christian coming down from Piqua. Pretty easy to see why Emanuel went where they did but I am surprised more higher seeds didn't join them.

Balance gets distorted by the Shelby County schools. Jackson Center, Botkins, Ft Loramie and Fairlawn are pretty solid, and Russia has a decent team that has just been beat up by the stronger teams. Perhaps they should open the seeding up like they do in D1, what is it they call that "open seeding"? That allows a teams to spread out more. I would bet if all of Troy and Piqua were put together the top 4 seeds would all be from Piqua.
Seven years ago at Troy there was Tri Village, Bethel, Franklin Monroe and Troy Christian, all arguably in the top 10 of D4 in the state, so I guess it cycles around.

While i agree with you on almost everything you said...that is the Piqua sectional every year. The one year Troy did have a phenomal sectional no doubt, but most years teams from the Shelby County league are the best and only 2 get out. You look at the last 4 or 5 years there have been 2 shelby county league schools in the regional. Last year there were 3 with Anna in d3.

I agree with you top 10 seeds would have looked like this in my opinion.
1. JC
2. Botkins
3. Fort Loramie
4. Emmanuel--record only--help from Troy teams
5. Fairlawn
6. Troy Christian
7. Cedarville
8. Tri Village
9. Lehman
10. Russia

You would have had some great sectional final/district final games. More strategy for coaches, who do they want to play and where.

If you just took the top 8 teams, that is some great sectional final games--then two of the winners would have turned around and played each other in the district finals....who wouldn't want to see that?

JC vs Tri Village
Botkins vs Cedarville
Fort Loramie vs Troy Christian
Fairlawn vs Emmanuel

While i agree with you on almost everything you said...that is the Piqua sectional every year. The one year Troy did have a phenomal sectional no doubt, but most years teams from the Shelby County league are the best and only 2 get out. You look at the last 4 or 5 years there have been 2 shelby county league schools in the regional. Last year there were 3 with Anna in d3.

I agree with you top 10 seeds would have looked like this in my opinion.
1. JC
2. Botkins
3. Fort Loramie
4. Emmanuel--record only--help from Troy teams
5. Fairlawn
6. Troy Christian
7. Cedarville
8. Tri Village
9. Lehman
10. Russia

You would have had some great sectional final/district final games. More strategy for coaches, who do they want to play and where.

If you just took the top 8 teams, that is some great sectional final games--then two of the winners would have turned around and played each other in the district finals....who wouldn't want to see that?

JC vs Tri Village
Botkins vs Cedarville
Fort Loramie vs Troy Christian
Fairlawn vs Emmanuel
I would want to see that and it makes sense. Instead we are looking at Botkins vs. Fort Loramie and Jackson Center vs. Fairlawn/Troy Christian as the sectional finals games coming out of Piqua. That's 5 of the top 6 teams you just mentioned in your rankings. There are only 3 schools with a winning record in Troy sectional. It's pretty sad.