Cross County Conference 2019-2020

No doubt that it is Trail and then everyone else. As you said there is a lot of inconsistencies in the league this year. I still feel like Arcanum is the 2nd best team in the league, they only have 1 league loss (Trail), but they lost in a holiday tournament to FM which is surprising. I still think that when playing well that they are the 2nd best team.

Followed by Miami East, who still has a chance to make some noise in the league. They have a shot tonight to really shake up the league. Playing Trail at home, and anytime they are at home and sit back in their zone, all it takes is an off shooting night for Trail and Miami East can get a win.

I still think Tri Village is dangerous but not quite there yet due to how young. If they keep improving, they could be extremely dangerous towards the end of the year. I wonder with Tri Village... I know they have a new coach, and a bunch of young players. But how much patience does the community have if they don't start winning more? I know expectations are high there, and they ran the last coach out after 2 years when he was actually doing a decent job with the talent he had.

I didn't consider Arcanum because they lost to Russia who is the 5th best team in the Shelby County this year. It is early, but just not an abundance of good teams. A lot of average to below average with the exception of Trial IMO

I didn't consider Arcanum because they lost to Russia who is the 5th best team in the Shelby County this year. It is early, but just not an abundance of good teams. A lot of average to below average with the exception of Trial IMO
They may have lost to Russia, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they end up being 2nd in league standing by the end of the year. The league as a whole is just very down this year. I thought it was down some last year, and this year is even worse. Trail isn't as good as last year. TVS was good last year. FM was good and had the best player in the league (one of the best players in the area). 15 of the 20 first/second team all-league players from last year were Seniors. This year there is not a whole lot to be excited about.

They may have lost to Russia, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they end up being 2nd in league standing by the end of the year. The league as a whole is just very down this year. I thought it was down some last year, and this year is even worse. Trail isn't as good as last year. TVS was good last year. FM was good and had the best player in the league (one of the best players in the area). 15 of the 20 first/second team all-league players from last year were Seniors. This year there is not a whole lot to be excited about.
I must be completely off as Ansonia takes care of Arcanum very easily tonight by a score of 61-45. Also National Trail holds off Miami East to beat them by 10. It was a 2 point game at the half. That is likely the closest league game National Trail will have.

This league is very hard to figure out....I am thinking it is alot like the football conference, but one good team instead of two. It is early, but that is what my gut tells me.

National Trail and then everyone else light years behind. Just like FL/Covington in football

Tri Village might be young and have some promise, but they are very inconsistent this season, losing to Miss. Valley is a black eye on the schedule.

Ansonia's got drilled by TV, and have lost to every decent team they have played.

Miami East got drilled by the same Versailles team that Trail forced OT with

In my opinion those are the top 4 teams hands down, but I think Trail is the only tournament contender. Ansonia got to the sectional finals last year, but I don't see that happening this year especailly with how loaded that sectional is. ME won't be able to compete in the d3 sectional. Maybe TV can make a run at it in Troy, that sectional is really weak outside of Emmanuel and Cedarville.
TC can get out of the troy sectional.

League games for Friday night... there's not a lot to be excited about. The most intriguing game to me is Tri Village @ Arcanum. The young guys of Tri Village vs. Carter Gray and company. It'll be interesting to see how that game goes.

Covington @ National Trail
Miss Valley @ FM
Ansonia @ TVS
Newton @ Bradford
Tri Village @ Arcanum

I thought TC was in the piqua sectional this year?
Correct. Troy would be much easier to get out of but Piqua is never easy. Troy looks especially down this year with 13 teams: Catholic Central, Cedarville, East Dayton Christian, EMANUEL CHRISTIAN, Franklin Monroe, Jefferson, Legacy Christian, Miami Valley, Southeastern, Tri County North, TRI VILLAGE, Twin Valley South, Yellow Springs.

Emanuel and Tri Village would be my picks to advance. Have no idea about Southeastern. Jefferson, Franklin Monroe and Cedarville all have outside chance to upset somebody.

Correct. Troy would be much easier to get out of but Piqua is never easy. Troy looks especially down this year with 13 teams: Catholic Central, Cedarville, East Dayton Christian, EMANUEL CHRISTIAN, Franklin Monroe, Jefferson, Legacy Christian, Miami Valley, Southeastern, Tri County North, TRI VILLAGE, Twin Valley South, Yellow Springs.

Emanuel and Tri Village would be my picks to advance. Have no idea about Southeastern. Jefferson, Franklin Monroe and Cedarville all have outside chance to upset somebody.

I would say Cedarville and Emmanuel with the only other team standing a chance is Tri Village. Cedarville has a kid going to Cedarville which is D2 to play ball. Troy Christian has to be very upset they got pushed to piqua. They will be the 5th/6th best team in that sectional behind JC, Botkins, Fairlawn, FL. I don't think anyone in the CCC outside of Trial would stand a chance in the piqua sectional.

Jefferson seems to be able to score some points this year. Could be a sleeper pick.

Jefferson seems to be able to score some points this year. Could be a sleeper pick.
I would put Tri County North as a sleeper pick as well. They are 5-5 overall. Their losses are to Middleton Madison, National Trail, Oakwood, Miami East and Arcanum. Which in my opinion all of their losses are to quality teams, they have no "bad" losses. They are also coming off back to back wins against Brookville and Covington, in which the Brookville win kind of surprised me. They will also have one of the best players in the entire sectional in the Stinson kid. He is a nice player that can really score the basketball.

I would put Tri County North as a sleeper pick as well. They are 5-5 overall. Their losses are to Middleton Madison, National Trail, Oakwood, Miami East and Arcanum. Which in my opinion all of their losses are to quality teams, they have no "bad" losses. They are also coming off back to back wins against Brookville and Covington, in which the Brookville win kind of surprised me. They will also have one of the best players in the entire sectional in the Stinson kid. He is a nice player that can really score the basketball.

I would challenge that TCN has the best player in the sectional. The kid from Cedarville is very very good. He is averaging 20+ i believe his name is excaping me right now, but i know he is going to Cedarville University on a scholarship to play basketball.

You guys, please put this in the track and field forum. Adding Cross Country to Basketball to try to get more likes is lunacy.

Anyone attend the Arcanum vs Tri Village game Friday night? How was Arcanum able to dominate ?
I was not there but I know Tri Village is very young. Arcanum has some experience. That’s the type of team that could give Tri Village trouble.

Anyone attend the Arcanum vs Tri Village game Friday night? How was Arcanum able to dominate ?

Arcanum was on it; played VERY well. The Delk kid used his size down low and had a very good game. Tri-Village's youth showed with some costly turnovers and bad shot selections. Also, the Sarver kid was in foul trouble. He sat most of the 2nd quarter with 3 fouls, got his 4th pretty quick in the 3rd and fouled out either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter. Even with him out, Tri-Village had some success, when they decided to press, but it was too little too late. Great atmosphere though.

There's not a lot to be excited about looking at the slate of games this week. Miami East does have 2 league games playing at Arcanum tomorrow night, and at Covington on Friday. They need to win out in their league games to have a chance in case National Trail does slip up at some point.

In regards to National Trail, I am not saying that they will slip up, but the loss to Brookville over the weekend makes me wonder. Trail also looked great all year last year and then stumbled towards the end of the regular season. Their remaining league games are Bethel, Ansonia, Tri Village, Newton, Miss Valley and FM. I just don't see them losing to any of those teams.

There's not a lot to be excited about looking at the slate of games this week. Miami East does have 2 league games playing at Arcanum tomorrow night, and at Covington on Friday. They need to win out in their league games to have a chance in case National Trail does slip up at some point.

In regards to National Trail, I am not saying that they will slip up, but the loss to Brookville over the weekend makes me wonder. Trail also looked great all year last year and then stumbled towards the end of the regular season. Their remaining league games are Bethel, Ansonia, Tri Village, Newton, Miss Valley and FM. I just don't see them losing to any of those teams.
I agree but any of those teams could on a great night beat a struggling National Trail team. Flue is also a rather big player this year. There will be a conference champ or two in SW Ohio very likely decided by a virus.

Of those teams listed Bethel would be least likely to defeat them and I would pick Tri Village as most likely.

Just for clarification, what would a somewhat competitive score between Tri Village and Bradford look like? I have the final score at 81-36, only thing preventing a much higher score will be the running clock.
Actual score turned out to be 71-31.

I agree but any of those teams could on a great night beat a struggling National Trail team. Flue is also a rather big player this year. There will be a conference champ or two in SW Ohio very likely decided by a virus.

Of those teams listed Bethel would be least likely to defeat them and I would pick Tri Village as most likely.
For me I'd say the best chance is Tri Village or Miss Valley. I had thought highly of Ansonia until I watched TVS beat them this past weekend.

Regarding Trails loss to Brookville over the weekend, does anybody have any input on how that game went? I know Brookville is a quality program, but they have been down some this year. Trail losing this game did surprise me.

Twin Valley South looking like they are waking up, knocks off Dayton Christian 60-50. Dayton Christian is not a bad team.

Twin Valley South looking like they are waking up, knocks off Dayton Christian 60-50. Dayton Christian is not a bad team.
Yeah, back to back wins for TVS. Beating Ansonia on Friday night and then Dayton Christian last night. Both of these teams are quality teams. TVS led by Cole Peterson scoring 30 points last night. TVS travels to Tri Village for an intriguing match-up Friday night. I actually think it will be a good game and I expect TVS to play with some fire considering one of the starters for Tri Village transferred to Tri Village from TVS this season for basketball. I know the TVS kids are going to want this one.

Arcanum beat Miami East last night by a score of 60-51. In my opinion this pretty much locks it up for National Trail barring something crazy happening.

I've failed to realize that Mississinawa Valley still sits with only 1 league loss. They have beaten Bethel, Tri Village, Newton, Ansonia and FM. They will likely win tonight against Bradford and move to 6-1 in conference play. The 1 loss being their first game of the season to Covington. I'm not sure how good Mississinawa Valley is but they will have a chance to prove it with league games still to play against Trail, Miami East and Arcanum.