Cross County Conference 2019-2020

BucksFan937

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming season, and teams to look out for? My thoughts are that National Trail will be the team to beat as they will return 2 of the best players in the conference.

Also, any info. on any of the open coaching vacancies? I see that Miami East, Covington and Bradford are all still open. As well as the coaching post on another thread also states the Miss Valley varsity job is open. Add in the fact that Arcanum and Tri Village both have new coaches, and that's a lot of coaching movement going on in the conference heading into this season.

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.

I think you are right, that it will be a down year for the league. I just looked and 15 of the 20 1st/2nd team all league selections were Seniors.

I do think that Trail has to be the heavy favorites. They lost some good Seniors, but I know they have some other younger kids that could step up and be good. It's still too early to say how good, but I think they may be the only one with a chance to make any sort of a tournament run.

I also think Arcanum could be decent next year, but they also lost a lot. My wild card pick for the year is Tri Village. They will be very young, but they are only a couple years from being very good again. I think by the end of the year next year they could be a dangerous team. Talking about the league splitting, just wait for the Tri Village vs. Preble Shawnee match-ups here in about 2-3 years.

Any updates on the open coaching positions? There were still quite a few open last I looked. Also, I wouldn't call it huge news, but I know the best player in the TVS Freshman class transferred to Tri Village to play out his high school career. This kid would have contributed minutes at TVS on the Varsity team this year as a Freshman. Tri Village is looking like they are going to be pretty good in the coming years.

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming season, and teams to look out for? My thoughts are that National Trail will be the team to beat as they will return 2 of the best players in the conference.

Also, any info. on any of the open coaching vacancies? I see that Miami East, Covington and Bradford are all still open. As well as the coaching post on another thread also states the Miss Valley varsity job is open. Add in the fact that Arcanum and Tri Village both have new coaches, and that's a lot of coaching movement going on in the conference heading into this season.
What happened to the Tri-Village coach from last couple of years?

What happened to the Tri-Village coach from last couple of years?
He got ran out of town, which I think is bunch of crap. That guy never even had a chance. He took over a program that was in shambles, with no talent to work with. I heard that last season some of the parents had started a petition to get him fired as the coach and for them to bring Sagaster back in as coach. This actually worked, and this offseason the school board voted Sagaster back in as the boys coach by a vote of 3 to 2. This caused a whole bunch of backlash with the people that were against him coaching again. Especially considering the reason and the manner in which he left the first time. After weeks of back and forth, Sagaster decided it was best for him to not take the job. Now they hired Bobby Jones who was previously at Talawanda. He is very fortunate because he's about to see a very large amount of talent starting at the Sophomore class, and this talent run will last a while. Tri Village is about to be very good again.

He got ran out of town, which I think is bunch of crap. That guy never even had a chance. He took over a program that was in shambles, with no talent to work with. I heard that last season some of the parents had started a petition to get him fired as the coach and for them to bring Sagaster back in as coach. This actually worked, and this offseason the school board voted Sagaster back in as the boys coach by a vote of 3 to 2. This caused a whole bunch of backlash with the people that were against him coaching again. Especially considering the reason and the manner in which he left the first time. After weeks of back and forth, Sagaster decided it was best for him to not take the job. Now they hired Bobby Jones who was previously at Talawanda. He is very fortunate because he's about to see a very large amount of talent starting at the Sophomore class, and this talent run will last a while. Tri Village is about to be very good again.

Well as luck would have it, there are many teams in the area that are going to have nice classes. The teams I know: Miami East, Troy Christain, Fort Loramie, Milton Union and their are others. These teams all have very impressive players grade 10-8. It is going to get fun quick in basketball. All of these teams will be able to compete with Tri-village very easily. Tri-village class is impressive for sure though.

Luckily for me, the rumor is he will be an assistance at Troy Christian. Not sure though. This is a great win for TC if true. They are stocked up a bit in grades 10-8, and a very nice senior class this year. Having one of the best coaches in the area in Coach Z and adding an assistant who ran a CCC program is a huge huge deal.

Luckily for me, the rumor is he will be an assistance at Troy Christian. Not sure though. This is a great win for TC if true. They are stocked up a bit in grades 10-8, and a very nice senior class this year. Having one of the best coaches in the area in Coach Z and adding an assistant who ran a CCC program is a huge huge deal.
I hope that's the case. I thought Perry was doing a great job at Bradford before taking the Tri Village position. At Tri Village he was just completely set up for failure. I would be happy for the guy if he got on as an assistant at Troy Christian.

Another area team that is going to be loaded in a few years is Preble Shawnee. Preble Shawnee and Tri Village will have some big conference battles in the future. Preble Shawnee has an 8th grader that will walk onto the scene as a Freshman next year and average 15-20 points per game on Varsity. The kid is very good.

I hope that's the case. I thought Perry was doing a great job at Bradford before taking the Tri Village position. At Tri Village he was just completely set up for failure. I would be happy for the guy if he got on as an assistant at Troy Christian.

Another area team that is going to be loaded in a few years is Preble Shawnee. Preble Shawnee and Tri Village will have some big conference battles in the future. Preble Shawnee has an 8th grader that will walk onto the scene as a Freshman next year and average 15-20 points per game on Varsity. The kid is very good.
Div 3 - 4 basketball will be excellent in our area 2021 to 2023! Agree with you on TV coach. To get those awfull teams to .500 was a great accomplishment.

That stinks. He is a good coach and good person. Always thought that was an odd situation and he would basically be holding the spot for Sags when the talent came back and he decided to coach again. Glad to see people in TV didn't forget what happened 3 years ago.

Any news on Woodall from National Trail? I heard that he suffered a football injury and could miss the start of the basketball season. That would be a pretty big loss if he misses substantial time. With Woodall and Harrison, Trail is my pick to win the league this year.

Football season has ended for everyone but Covington and Miss Valley. Miss Valley will be done after this weekend, but Covington may play on for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to basketball season kicking off and seeing what the teams are looking like around the league.

Mac left Miami East?

Yeah he retired after last season. It's a big loss for Miami East as he has quite the resume. Their new coach is listed as Justin Roeth.

Wow that is huge news. That zone he played probably added 2-4 wins a year to the roster. Miami East has a good class coming. I wondered why he would not want to go out with that? I wonder also is he still AD/Principal? (I cant remember which he was).

Wow that is huge news. That zone he played probably added 2-4 wins a year to the roster. Miami East has a good class coming. I wondered why he would not want to go out with that? I wonder also is he still AD/Principal? (I cant remember which he was).
I just looked at the Miami East School homepage and he's not listed in any of those positions. I'd say he completely retired. I don't know much about how Miami East will be this year, but I know their current 8th grade class is loaded.

Yes Mack retired from his principal position and basketball coach. Justin Roeth played for East and was also jv coach a number of years ago under Mack. So the zone may not go away after all. Also Roeth's son is one of the talented East 8th graders along with Curtis Enis's son.

I know.. When the TRC takes off, I'd say Miami East will be very competitive in football/basketball.

They will. The initial years for the TRC will be awesome in basketball. I think some real rivals will develop since there will be multiple teams with outstanding players (ME, TC, MU) and the geography supports the rivals. You know Bethel will get something going. Northridge has teams in the recent history that would destroy anyone in the TRC by a large number, and that could continue. Wow. Excited. We need to make sure @BlessEmAll keeps in active TRC thread. The trash talk may be flying!!!

Welp after what I witnessed today at the Tri-Village versus Meadowdale scrimmage make no mistake about it Tri-Village is going to turn alot of heads this year. They took a very good Meadowdale team to the wire today. Meadowdale is cat quick, big, athletic and has a stud player #1. Tri-Village is big, long athletic with a couple really nice guards who are freshmen and a really good player in the Sarver kid. TV has 4 players 6'4" and they owned the boards. New coaches have them playing extremely hard. I was walking out of the gym behind a couple long time TV fans and all they were talking about was the size, physicality and talent level TV has. This team is going to be fun to watch.

Welp after what I witnessed today at the Tri-Village versus Meadowdale scrimmage make no mistake about it Tri-Village is going to turn alot of heads this year. They took a very good Meadowdale team to the wire today. Meadowdale is cat quick, big, athletic and has a stud player #1. Tri-Village is big, long athletic with a couple really nice guards who are freshmen and a really good player in the Sarver kid. TV has 4 players 6'4" and they owned the boards. New coaches have them playing extremely hard. I was walking out of the gym behind a couple long time TV fans and all they were talking about was the size, physicality and talent level TV has. This team is going to be fun to watch.
The league is very down. Even with a young team, Tri Village can win a lot of games this year. But I do believe that they are another year or two from being very good. They are getting to the point to where they have some good hometown kids mixed in with a few transfers, reminiscent of their good teams years back.

Come to think of it, the Freshman guards you are discussing are the 2 transfer kids that I was thinking of. Both kids are very nice players, who have played a lot of basketball. One is from TVS and the other is from Eaton. The Eaton kid moved there around 6th grade. The TVS kid moved there this year for high school. Both kids are red shirt Freshman as they both should be Sophomores, but were held back strategically for sports.

Meadowdale is not good. Tri-village may be state level the next three years. Not sure that high this year though.

No ones head is going to turn, they are expected to do good.

Now that a scrimmage or two has taken place, and teams have a good idea of who is playing. What are everyone's thoughts for this season? Good luck to all the teams and in the midst of what seems to be a down year for the league, I'm hoping a couple teams really step up and surprise us.

I still think it's National Trail and then everybody else. I don't expect them to lose in league and I believe they will end with a regular season record of around 20-2.

After that I think it's a cluster. I think Arcanum is the next best team, but really there is a huge clump of teams that I think will all be competitive and beat each other up some. The other teams I'd throw into this mix is Ansonia, Tri Village, TVS, MV, Bethel and Miami East.

Then there are teams that I think will struggle like Covington, Newton, TCN and FM. FM loses its best player in recent memory who was a one man wrecking crew for 4 years. It'll be interesting to see how the program does in his absence.

Then there's Bradford.

Nice showing by Tri-Village last night in the Northmont scrimmage. Gonna be a fun group to watch this season.

Nice showing by Tri-Village last night in the Northmont scrimmage. Gonna be a fun group to watch this season.
Seems like pretty stiff competition for a scrimmage. It's a good sign that they showed well. Did they play quarters, and did Tri Village win some of them?

Any schools have their season starting this week?

I know TVS, National Trail, Eaton and Dixie will compete in a tip-off tournament that will take place on Wednesday/Friday night. On Wednesday night TVS plays Eaton, and Trail plays Dixie. Trail is the heavy favorite to win the tournament, but we could have a TVS/Trail matchup on Friday night.