Cross County Conference 2019-2020

BucksFan937

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming season, and teams to look out for? My thoughts are that National Trail will be the team to beat as they will return 2 of the best players in the conference.

Also, any info. on any of the open coaching vacancies? I see that Miami East, Covington and Bradford are all still open. As well as the coaching post on another thread also states the Miss Valley varsity job is open. Add in the fact that Arcanum and Tri Village both have new coaches, and that's a lot of coaching movement going on in the conference heading into this season.

yakyak

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.

BucksFan937

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.
I think you are right, that it will be a down year for the league. I just looked and 15 of the 20 1st/2nd team all league selections were Seniors.

I do think that Trail has to be the heavy favorites. They lost some good Seniors, but I know they have some other younger kids that could step up and be good. It's still too early to say how good, but I think they may be the only one with a chance to make any sort of a tournament run.

I also think Arcanum could be decent next year, but they also lost a lot. My wild card pick for the year is Tri Village. They will be very young, but they are only a couple years from being very good again. I think by the end of the year next year they could be a dangerous team. Talking about the league splitting, just wait for the Tri Village vs. Preble Shawnee match-ups here in about 2-3 years.