Cross County Conference 2019-2020

BucksFan937

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming season, and teams to look out for? My thoughts are that National Trail will be the team to beat as they will return 2 of the best players in the conference.

Also, any info. on any of the open coaching vacancies? I see that Miami East, Covington and Bradford are all still open. As well as the coaching post on another thread also states the Miss Valley varsity job is open. Add in the fact that Arcanum and Tri Village both have new coaches, and that's a lot of coaching movement going on in the conference heading into this season.

yakyak

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.

BucksFan937

Seems like a down year, not seeing any district or regional contenders this year. May not even be any sectionals. National Trail lost a lot though I think even though the two are quality. Everyone else is mediocre to poor.

To bad the conference is splitting, in two years it will be stacked with quality.
I think you are right, that it will be a down year for the league. I just looked and 15 of the 20 1st/2nd team all league selections were Seniors.

I do think that Trail has to be the heavy favorites. They lost some good Seniors, but I know they have some other younger kids that could step up and be good. It's still too early to say how good, but I think they may be the only one with a chance to make any sort of a tournament run.

I also think Arcanum could be decent next year, but they also lost a lot. My wild card pick for the year is Tri Village. They will be very young, but they are only a couple years from being very good again. I think by the end of the year next year they could be a dangerous team. Talking about the league splitting, just wait for the Tri Village vs. Preble Shawnee match-ups here in about 2-3 years.

BucksFan937

Any updates on the open coaching positions? There were still quite a few open last I looked. Also, I wouldn't call it huge news, but I know the best player in the TVS Freshman class transferred to Tri Village to play out his high school career. This kid would have contributed minutes at TVS on the Varsity team this year as a Freshman. Tri Village is looking like they are going to be pretty good in the coming years.

winbypin

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming season, and teams to look out for? My thoughts are that National Trail will be the team to beat as they will return 2 of the best players in the conference.

Also, any info. on any of the open coaching vacancies? I see that Miami East, Covington and Bradford are all still open. As well as the coaching post on another thread also states the Miss Valley varsity job is open. Add in the fact that Arcanum and Tri Village both have new coaches, and that's a lot of coaching movement going on in the conference heading into this season.
What happened to the Tri-Village coach from last couple of years?

BucksFan937

What happened to the Tri-Village coach from last couple of years?
He got ran out of town, which I think is bunch of crap. That guy never even had a chance. He took over a program that was in shambles, with no talent to work with. I heard that last season some of the parents had started a petition to get him fired as the coach and for them to bring Sagaster back in as coach. This actually worked, and this offseason the school board voted Sagaster back in as the boys coach by a vote of 3 to 2. This caused a whole bunch of backlash with the people that were against him coaching again. Especially considering the reason and the manner in which he left the first time. After weeks of back and forth, Sagaster decided it was best for him to not take the job. Now they hired Bobby Jones who was previously at Talawanda. He is very fortunate because he's about to see a very large amount of talent starting at the Sophomore class, and this talent run will last a while. Tri Village is about to be very good again.

yakyak

He got ran out of town, which I think is bunch of crap. That guy never even had a chance. He took over a program that was in shambles, with no talent to work with. I heard that last season some of the parents had started a petition to get him fired as the coach and for them to bring Sagaster back in as coach. This actually worked, and this offseason the school board voted Sagaster back in as the boys coach by a vote of 3 to 2. This caused a whole bunch of backlash with the people that were against him coaching again. Especially considering the reason and the manner in which he left the first time. After weeks of back and forth, Sagaster decided it was best for him to not take the job. Now they hired Bobby Jones who was previously at Talawanda. He is very fortunate because he's about to see a very large amount of talent starting at the Sophomore class, and this talent run will last a while. Tri Village is about to be very good again.
Well as luck would have it, there are many teams in the area that are going to have nice classes. The teams I know: Miami East, Troy Christain, Fort Loramie, Milton Union and their are others. These teams all have very impressive players grade 10-8. It is going to get fun quick in basketball. All of these teams will be able to compete with Tri-village very easily. Tri-village class is impressive for sure though.

yakyak

Luckily for me, the rumor is he will be an assistance at Troy Christian. Not sure though. This is a great win for TC if true. They are stocked up a bit in grades 10-8, and a very nice senior class this year. Having one of the best coaches in the area in Coach Z and adding an assistant who ran a CCC program is a huge huge deal.

BucksFan937

Luckily for me, the rumor is he will be an assistance at Troy Christian. Not sure though. This is a great win for TC if true. They are stocked up a bit in grades 10-8, and a very nice senior class this year. Having one of the best coaches in the area in Coach Z and adding an assistant who ran a CCC program is a huge huge deal.
I hope that's the case. I thought Perry was doing a great job at Bradford before taking the Tri Village position. At Tri Village he was just completely set up for failure. I would be happy for the guy if he got on as an assistant at Troy Christian.

Another area team that is going to be loaded in a few years is Preble Shawnee. Preble Shawnee and Tri Village will have some big conference battles in the future. Preble Shawnee has an 8th grader that will walk onto the scene as a Freshman next year and average 15-20 points per game on Varsity. The kid is very good.

yakyak

I hope that's the case. I thought Perry was doing a great job at Bradford before taking the Tri Village position. At Tri Village he was just completely set up for failure. I would be happy for the guy if he got on as an assistant at Troy Christian.

Another area team that is going to be loaded in a few years is Preble Shawnee. Preble Shawnee and Tri Village will have some big conference battles in the future. Preble Shawnee has an 8th grader that will walk onto the scene as a Freshman next year and average 15-20 points per game on Varsity. The kid is very good.
Div 3 - 4 basketball will be excellent in our area 2021 to 2023! Agree with you on TV coach. To get those awfull teams to .500 was a great accomplishment.

winbypin

That stinks. He is a good coach and good person. Always thought that was an odd situation and he would basically be holding the spot for Sags when the talent came back and he decided to coach again. Glad to see people in TV didn't forget what happened 3 years ago.

BucksFan937

Any news on Woodall from National Trail? I heard that he suffered a football injury and could miss the start of the basketball season. That would be a pretty big loss if he misses substantial time. With Woodall and Harrison, Trail is my pick to win the league this year.

BucksFan937

Football season has ended for everyone but Covington and Miss Valley. Miss Valley will be done after this weekend, but Covington may play on for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to basketball season kicking off and seeing what the teams are looking like around the league.

BlessEmAll

Mac left Miami East?

yakyak

Yeah he retired after last season. It's a big loss for Miami East as he has quite the resume. Their new coach is listed as Justin Roeth.
Wow that is huge news. That zone he played probably added 2-4 wins a year to the roster. Miami East has a good class coming. I wondered why he would not want to go out with that? I wonder also is he still AD/Principal? (I cant remember which he was).

BucksFan937

Wow that is huge news. That zone he played probably added 2-4 wins a year to the roster. Miami East has a good class coming. I wondered why he would not want to go out with that? I wonder also is he still AD/Principal? (I cant remember which he was).
I just looked at the Miami East School homepage and he's not listed in any of those positions. I'd say he completely retired. I don't know much about how Miami East will be this year, but I know their current 8th grade class is loaded.

Yes Mack retired from his principal position and basketball coach. Justin Roeth played for East and was also jv coach a number of years ago under Mack. So the zone may not go away after all. Also Roeth's son is one of the talented East 8th graders along with Curtis Enis's son.

yakyak

I know.. When the TRC takes off, I'd say Miami East will be very competitive in football/basketball.
They will. The initial years for the TRC will be awesome in basketball. I think some real rivals will develop since there will be multiple teams with outstanding players (ME, TC, MU) and the geography supports the rivals. You know Bethel will get something going. Northridge has teams in the recent history that would destroy anyone in the TRC by a large number, and that could continue. Wow. Excited. We need to make sure @BlessEmAll keeps in active TRC thread. The trash talk may be flying!!!