Cross Country Junior High State Meet tomorrow

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
2020 7th & 8th Grade Invitational
When: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Where: Fortress Obetz
4175 Alum Creek Drive, Obetz 43207

There are ten races, five for boys and five for girls.

OHSAA COVID-19 MONITORING FORM

Schools will be required to assess all coaches and participating athletes for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entry to the Fortress Obetz and document these assessments using the OHSAA COVID-19 Monitoring Form. Schools must complete this form prior to arrival and present this form upon check-in. Schools that fail to provide this documentation will be ineligible for the meet and must leave the venue.

Last edited:

Finishtiming

As I said in another thread about the HS course if you want an idea of course map. Look at the ms state meet map and instead of finishing the 2 mile at north end of stadium move that 2 mile next to the 1 mile mark. Do another loop outside stadium at north and west end which will include a hill (small), this loop will go further west then the first time. When you come back into stadium you will finish at southeast corner of field by cutting diagonally across turf.

Zunardo

As I said in another thread about the HS course if you want an idea of course map. Look at the ms state meet map and instead of finishing the 2 mile at north end of stadium move that 2 mile next to the 1 mile mark. Do another loop outside stadium at north and west end which will include a hill (small), this loop will go further west then the first time. When you come back into stadium you will finish at southeast corner of field by cutting diagonally across turf.
I watched the meet today at Fortress Obetz, and the course seemed to work out well. While watching the runners during during the first mile when they went behind the stadium ( going west behind stadium bleachers), I could tell only a very small portion of that field was used. As you said, that loop can go farther west into that field and use that hill back there. I think a 3.5 mile (EDIT: 3.1 miles, you dummy! 😁) course will work out well at the Fortress complex.

Last edited: