Crestwood Coach Steps Down - Interesting Article

I'll always support a coach who decides that the right thing to do is to be with their family. Sacrifices of time and energy are so great that its impossible to deny it. Best of luck Coach Peters.

Ive been critical of my local coaching. Never to the point of hating the coach.
The number of malicious individuals that cause situations like the article explains are very small. Unfortunately they get by far the most attention.

Does kneeling the ball at midfield on 3rd and 4th down, with under a minute left up by less then score merit abuse from the stands? When you lose the game because of that blunder

Last edited:
Does kneeling the ball at midfield on 3rd and 4th down, with under a minute left up by less then score merit abuse from the stands? When you lose the game because of that blunder
What was the blunder? Did the Qb fumbled the snap and was it returned for a touchdown?
Seems like he took the least riskiest play and put the game in the hands of his defense. Make them go 80 yards, presumably few if any time outs. Is it conservative? Yes. Did it cost them the game? No. Allowing the other team to drive that far in under a minute did.

Edit: I reread your post. He took a knee on 4th down?

What was the blunder? Did the Qb fumbled the snap and was it returned for a touchdown?
Seems like he took the least riskiest play and put the game in the hands of his defense. Make them go 80 yards, presumably few if any time outs. Is it conservative? Yes. Did it cost them the game? No. Allowing the other team to drive that far in under a minute did.

Edit: I reread your post. He took a knee on 4th down?

Yes, they took a knee on 4th down at the opponents 42. There were about 26 seconds left and the other team didn’t have any timeouts.

These last few posts are about the Rootstown Crestwood game. After the knee on 4th down, Rootstown scored in 2 plays IIRC to win the game. Poor clock management by the coach that Im sure the Red Devil faithful fuming.

Rootstown scored in 5 plays. 1 was to stop the clock.
Thx for the refresher. Went back to the article in the courier. Got the ball back with 23 seconds left and scored with 1.4 seconds left. Seems as if he would've run the ball on 3rd and 4th down that would've burned a little more time. However if there would've been a fumble the same people would've question why didn't he take a knee? Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Is he related to Sam Wyche? :)

In all seriousness it must be vey difficult to tolerate the garbage that coaches have to put up with today.

all it takes is a few bad apples to taint the whole thing, sometimes the damage done will last long after they've left. No JV team this year, moving to a new conference, I truly wonder what the future is for this program.

all it takes is a few bad apples to taint the whole thing, sometimes the damage done will last long after they've left. No JV team this year, moving to a new conference, I truly wonder what the future is for this program.

And then the question becomes who will want to step into that mess. Sounds like they chased off one well-intentioned guy by involving his family in their venom. Numbers down, hostile fan base, new conference....sure....sign me up.