Cowherd

Cowherd has the Bengals at #10 in this weekly power rankings, and this came out on Tuesday after Monday's beat down.

Cowherd such a tool sometimes. He has his favorites athletes and he never calls them out, but if he doesn't like you, you're toast. He just blamed the Cavs because they didn't get him enough shooters??? No, he just wasn't good enough to elevate the Cavs to a title the first time, she he left to build and all star team.

Ok, this may not be a great question for this group, but is anyone remotely interested in soccer, and more specifically the World Cup? Now I understand Fox is showing it so Cowherd may just be a good company guy, but he and McIntire keep pimping the World Cup and I just don't see it. And I realize the World Cup probably cares less about timing, but why would you have this at the end of the college football season and right in the middle of the NFL season? Thoughts?

Ok, this may not be a great question for this group, but is anyone remotely interested in soccer, and more specifically the World Cup? Now I understand Fox is showing it so Cowherd may just be a good company guy, but he and McIntire keep pimping the World Cup and I just don't see it. And I realize the World Cup probably cares less about timing, but why would you have this at the end of the college football season and right in the middle of the NFL season? Thoughts?
World Cup?
I have seen some promos about Santa Claus and the WC interrupting his time to shine.

I agree with Mr. Claus.

Doesnt really matter when they hold it for me...just not interested.

Travis is a very interesting character, I do enjoy his sports takes. His political stuff is a little too much. But he's an original lawyer so he is an excellent at debating. Cowherd emotions just fly with the wind. Also Colin is a regional cheerleader.

and also, Jason McIntire has been a GREAT addition to the show, he really pushes Cowherd on alot of his takes.
I wish Clay Travis had stuck to sports instead of switching to politics.

I wish Clay Travis had stuck to sports instead of switching to politics.
I think Clay is one of those guys who will keep re-inventing himself, and broadcasting is probably the best place for that. If you're not moving forward then your going back wards. He actually was originally a lawyer and decided that wasn't his cup of tea, although debating skills are good for talk show hosts.
I think with Outkick, he saw an opportunity, with the passing of Rush Limbaugh, to get into that conservative political arena. I can't do politics all day long, but it's a market and obviously he can get paid well.

ha ha, Cowherd is so wishy washy. A month ago, Cowherd didn't even mention the Titans, said they were boring and unwatchable. Now he says they are tough and gritty like Mike Vrabel. He also sounds like Jim Harbaugh's best friend after banging him for years.

And what a shill for the world cup, who ironically is the network that's broadcasting the games. You should hear Cowherd and co-host Jason McIntire just go on and on about how nervous they are watching the US Men's team? Are they for real?

He actually has a segment Colin right/ Colin wrong that goes every Monday. He knows he's not going to get it all right. One of my issues with him is he's all big market teams. If he was in charge, there would be about 15 NFL teams and 10 baseball teams, all in major cities.
Pretty simple, he understands how ratings work. 🤷‍♂️
If he spent time talking about the Reds and Jaguars, he loses ratings and money.

When Cowherd first had his ESPN radio show, I thought he was excellent. Intelligent and mostly on the money, good observations. Enjoyed him despite his whiny, pip-squeak, nasal voice. That was a long time ago.

Since he went to Fox, he has become an absolute whore for ratings and attention, so he goes out of his way to say / tweet outrageous things just to stir the pot. Tuned him out long ago.

Friday, most of America is off. It's a big TV day no matter what's on TV. Nice try...
Have you been around big city people in their 20's and 30's? My children are in this demographic. One of them is a pretty serious baseball fan. The others aren't and would care more about soccer, the World Cup, in particular. All of them are also quite interested in Formula 1.

The day after Thanksgiving...lots going on that day. If it was such a terrific TV day for sports, you'd have better college football games...the marquis games were on Saturday. I think it's noteworthy that it drew a big number...it's a train coming down the track, growing in size...unstoppable, I think.

Jeez dude, imagine for a moment that the world is bigger than your specific interests.

If you think the World Cup is the least bit concerned about American football, you seriously need some perspective. Every other country in the World Cup has their country more or less shut down when their national team plays. World-wide interest is through the roof.

I have a customer in Bahrain, and when the Saudi Arabian team upset Argentina last week, he said grown men were weeping and dancing in the streets, and the crown prince declared a national holiday for the next day.

Have you been around big city people in their 20's and 30's? My children are in this demographic. One of them is a pretty serious baseball fan. The others aren't and would care more about soccer, the World Cup, in particular. All of them are also quite interested in Formula 1.

The day after Thanksgiving...lots going on that day. If it was such a terrific TV day for sports, you'd have better college football games...the marquis games were on Saturday. I think it's noteworthy that it drew a big number...it's a train coming down the track, growing in size...unstoppable, I think.
Totally agree. My sons are 29 and 33, both have their favorite teams in the English Premier League. My older son goes every weekend to a bar in Columbus where all of the Tottenham fans watch the weekly EPL match for their club. Lots of people in their age group love it.

He put a World Cup match (non-USA) on his iPad on Thanskgiving while I had the NFL on, and my sons watched both equally. It is definitely gaining traction.

When Cowherd first had his ESPN radio show, I thought he was excellent. Intelligent and mostly on the money, good observations. Enjoyed him despite his whiny, pip-squeak, nasal voice. That was a long time ago.

Since he went to Fox, he has become an absolute whore for ratings and attention, so he goes out of his way to say / tweet outrageous things just to stir the pot. Tuned him out long ago.
I view him as more of an entertainer than a sports expert.

Jeez dude, imagine for a moment that the world is bigger than your specific interests.

If you think the World Cup is the least bit concerned about American football, you seriously need some perspective. Every other country in the World Cup has their country more or less shut down when their national team plays. World-wide interest is through the roof.

I have a customer in Bahrain, and when the Saudi Arabian team upset Argentina last week, he said grown men were weeping and dancing in the streets, and the crown prince declared a national holiday for the next day.
I saw a video where a guy tore the door off his house and threw it outside - and he was happy! Also heard that the power in Saudi Arbia announced that the entire country had the day off after they won that game.
I certainly understand that it's big-- OUTSIDE of America.
I grew up in the 70's, Pele was a big deal and they were telling us back then soccer would take over American sports - - still waiting.

I really like Joel Klatt as a football analyst, but he's as big of shill as Cowherd is. Before Fox had the Big ten, Klatt was more general and looked at teams on it's merits. But now, Klatt just pumps up the big ten like it's the SEC??

Totally agree. My sons are 29 and 33, both have their favorite teams in the English Premier League. My older son goes every weekend to a bar in Columbus where all of the Tottenham fans watch the weekly EPL match for their club. Lots of people in their age group love it.

He put a World Cup match (non-USA) on his iPad on Thanskgiving while I had the NFL on, and my sons watched both equally. It is definitely gaining traction.
North American MLS is #6 in number of World Cup players (36), behind English Premier (136), LaLiga (Spain)(83), Bundesliga (Germany)(76), Serie A (Italy) (68), Ligue 1 (France) (54).

A bar in Birmingham, Alabama (the reddest of the reds)...after US goal vs. Iran...

I think there's interest...a lot.

North American MLS is #6 in number of World Cup players (36), behind English Premier (136), LaLiga (Spain)(83), Bundesliga (Germany)(76), Serie A (Italy) (68), Ligue 1 (France) (54).

I'll need some more data that a couple of young men. Good heavens, we could include ax throwing as an up and coming sport if we drill down that far. OVERALL- IN GENERAL - THE MASSES.

I'll need some more data that a couple of young men. Good heavens, we could include ax throwing as an up and coming sport if we drill down that far. OVERALL- IN GENERAL - THE MASSES.
Were you alive yesterday? Were you in the USA yesterday?

Your initial premise…that few are interested in the World Cup…just not true. Maybe you and yours have no interest, but lots do.

Were you alive yesterday? Were you in the USA yesterday?

Your initial premise…that few are interested in the World Cup…just not true. Maybe you and yours have no interest, but lots do.
I'm around guys all the time and we talk alot of sports. Soccer...Never...Comes...Up...

I'm around guys all the time and we talk alot of sports. Soccer...Never...Comes...Up...
Read…

The evidence of an enormous increase in soccer as a spectator sport (live and tv) in the US is everywhere. If you’re unwilling to educate yourself about it, I’m not going to do it for you. It’s significantly a red/blue, education level, age, wealth thing…

If you two run in a crowd that has no interest, no doubt that’s true. This area of life, like everything else, evolves. Horse racing and boxing were two of the biggest spectator sports in the US in the first half of the 20th century.

Last edited:
Is Colin Cowherd Justin Herbert's uncle?? My gosh it's unbearable how much love he throws his way. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert and Joe Burrow. Cowherd would make them the Mt. Rushmore of the NFL. I'm sorry, going back to Oregon, until Herbert wins something significant, he's just a guy. Burrow and Mahomes has incredible talent all around them and kind of like Herbert, Allen needs to do a little more. Now he's done more than Herbert to this point, but there still is times when you think he's trying to do too much.