Cowherd

14Red

This thread will be an ongoing thread dedicated to Colin Cowherd's In The Herd show. I won't say he's my favortie, but he's entertaining. He's right sometimes, wrong sometimes.

I'll kick off this tread with an observation on Cowherd and his affection for one position in football - quarterback. If you listen to the show, pay attention to how much he talks about the quarterback position, pro or college.
His favorites - Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Dak, Herbert.
His punching bags - Baker Mayfield, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Tannehill, Daniel Jones, Mac Jones,

If you notice he rarely blames his favorites for poor games, it's always the play calling, O-line, receivers. Yet when the ones he doesn't like have bad games he's all over them. Heck he's even singing the praises of USC QB Caleb Williams. Thinks he'll be the next greatest. Anyone remember Spencer Rattler? He was the kid at Oklahoma who was projected to be the #1 pick in the draft until he fell on his face and is now at South Carolina - and being very average.

I'll kick off this tread with an observation on Cowherd and his affection for one position in football - quarterback. If you listen to the show, pay attention to how much he talks about the quarterback position, pro or college.
His favorites - Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Dak, Herbert.
His punching bags - Baker Mayfield, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Tannehill, Daniel Jones, Mac Jones,

If you notice he rarely blames his favorites for poor games, it's always the play calling, O-line, receivers. Yet when the ones he doesn't like have bad games he's all over them. Heck he's even singing the praises of USC QB Caleb Williams. Thinks he'll be the next greatest. Anyone remember Spencer Rattler? He was the kid at Oklahoma who was projected to be the #1 pick in the draft until he fell on his face and is now at South Carolina - and being very average.
Oh, forgot one...Russell Wilson. He loves Russell Wilson although he stinks this year.

He replaced my favorite Radio personality on ESPN radio (Tony Kornheiser) so he started off on the wrong foot!

He’s a simp for LA teams.

She had awesome. The sidekick before her was hot too.
I was inferring that she had some great insight and banter with Colin, and the new guy is such a turd.

Sick MFer....

Last edited by a moderator:
He replaced my favorite Radio personality on ESPN radio (Tony Kornheiser) so he started off on the wrong foot!
I do like Kornheiser, although weather it's intentional or not, he plays the grumpy old man to a tee. I'm not sure he's awake past 8PM.

She had awesome. The sidekick before her was hot too.
I'm guessing you've seen her Instagram account. I'll agree, she was easy to look at, but her sports takes came off very whiney. I also feel she's more modeling material than sports talk host. The issue I had with those two is it her and Cowherd agreed on most things, there was very little debate. The guy in that spot now, Jason McIntire goes right at Cowherd - and is right quite a bit.
The woman with Cowherd before Taylor was Kristine Leahy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was inferring that she had some great insight and banter with Colin, and the new guy is such a turd.

Sick MFer....
So sick
A2192AF6-CA81-4D26-8EED-AB549560C972.jpeg

I enjoy listening to Cowherd. I do not always agree with his views but I think he usually has a decent reason(s) for it. Plus, I enjoy most of his guest.

Cowherd is the sports version of Rachel Maddow. Always thought that Maddow was talking almost entirely to herself. Cowherd as well.

One thing that I think he understands. He knows that very few people who listen to him can remember what he said last week. As a result, he sounds all thoughtful but his various "takes" wouldn't all hold together if you put them one next to the other.

Lemme guess, you have a reserved seat in the HR office at work.....

Cowherd is the sports version of Rachel Maddow. Always thought that Maddow was talking almost entirely to herself. Cowherd as well.

One thing that I think he understands. He knows that very few people who listen to him can remember what he said last week. As a result, he sounds all thoughtful but his various "takes" wouldn't all hold together if you put them one next to the other.
That is pretty much across the board, to include the nauseating draft predictions at all levels.

He actually has a segment Colin right/ Colin wrong that goes every Monday. He knows he's not going to get it all right. One of my issues with him is he's all big market teams. If he was in charge, there would be about 15 NFL teams and 10 baseball teams, all in major cities.

Interesting, if you have been paying attention, she dresses much differently now that she's on the afternoon show with the other guys. Much more conservative. She dressed very provocative for Cowherd's show. Maybe just trying to make a splash, maybe someone pulled her aside and said she'll never get any sports credibility if she's dressed for clubbing.

Ever since Jim Rome became popular, a large segment of the sports talk world became more about being controversial and having a provocative "take" rather than authentic thoughtful discourse. Cowherd's not as bad as some but he still too often defaults in this direction. He's at times a less obnoxious Skip Bayless.

So Cowherd is and and always has been a big proponent of Zion Williamson. He fawned over him at Duke, even through the injuries and the missed games. Dude is too heavy, even now and doesn't play smart basketball. NBA games is 48 minutes. Many of these kids are used to high school games where the can play all out for 25-28 minutes and call it a game. Part of the maturation process is learning how to play at pace. No one goes 100% every second on the floor, it's physically impossible. He needs to develop a mid range jumper a game that doesn't include explosive plays every time down the floor.

So are the Cowboys playing Dak because they pay him alot of money, or because he's their best option at QB???

Cooper kinda came back to earth last week
Unlike what the networks want to you to believe, the Cowboys - good or bad - is alot more than the QB position. Fact, for the money he's paid, Dak isn't substantianally better than Cooper Rush.

If Cowherd and Clay Travis were in a room together, and a meteor hit it - I wouldn't shed any tears. Lol.
Travis is a very interesting character, I do enjoy his sports takes. His political stuff is a little too much. But he's an original lawyer so he is an excellent at debating. Cowherd emotions just fly with the wind. Also Colin is a regional cheerleader.

and also, Jason McIntire has been a GREAT addition to the show, he really pushes Cowherd on alot of his takes.