Covington cancels game in 2022

this is going to be a practice quarter for Milton’s varsity and then some good friday night action for the young guys.

I thought the most logical choice was Ottawa Hills ? Hell, I would have traveled there. Then again, they may have said no. Good work by the AD getting a game. Covington is a disgrace to be in the situation that they are in and put other teams in.

i will say dohn prep is better than covington, their qb can sling it and this entire team is athletic. will mu win? absolutely but it is a better game than covington

At the end of the day, Milton is better off with Dohn than Covington. It was an away game and now it’s a home game. That’s a win.
St Francis Desales plays this team as well.

Last edited:
Joe Eitel says it is. It would be unusual for an OHSAA team to go on the road to play a game that isn't going to count in the OHSAA standings.
Milton will make out on this one. Not playing Covington is a plus and they get home gate this week. Dohn will be a good practice game. Keep the boys fit and hungry. I can’t remember a year that Milton played a team that wasn’t an OHSAA member.
Any background on this team?

Milton will make out on this one. Not playing Covington is a plus and they get home gate this week. Dohn will be a good practice game. Keep the boys fit and hungry. I can’t remember a year that Milton played a team that wasn’t an OHSAA member.
Other than the link to their Joe Eitel page that I posted, I know nothing about them.

Dohn probably won't travel well if at all. Does Milton have passes they will be honoring for this additional game?

I thought the most logical choice was Ottawa Hills ? Hell, I would have traveled there. Then again, they may have said no. Good work by the AD getting a game. Covington is a disgrace to be in the situation that they are in and put other teams in.
I think disgrace is too strong a word to use for high school football short of doing something unethical, which, to my understanding, Covington hasn't.

Last edited:
I think disgrace us too strong a word to use for high school football short of doing something unethical, which, to my understanding, Covington hasn't.
Disgrace compared to what it used to be. Many connotations to that word. Don’t get too upset.

There are some extremely small rosters out there.

My school played a DIV team from a large urban district a few years ago which had 18 players in uniform and finished the season 1-9.

I streamed a game last weekend involving a DIV school (previously DIII for many years) from a suburban school district. There were 26 players in uniform and another 8 guys in street clothes who were wearing jerseys. Since going 5-5 in 2017, the program has gone 5-48 which includes an 0-5 start. They beat a bad DVII team in week 2 only to have to forfeit the win due to an ineligible player. Said DVII team was a private school that had 20 players in uniform.
I’m guessing Akron Springfield…

The fact that those three teams have the ability to cause more physical harm to the kids playing. Lehman, TC, Miami East are more like JV teams. MU would not start their varsity against Covington. Doubtful that Riverside would either. Too much of a disparity in athletes.

And for 10 points, name the FOX Big Noon Kickoff panelist that is an alum of said forfeit recipient…