Cov Cath

CC allows early graduation. Surprised some stellar Ohio Athletes have not tried CC for that reason alone,especially these days. Mayer will not be playing CC Basketball,he will have Graduated Early and be enrolled at ND.

Keep PBOY BANNED
That is absolutely an advantage. Also the big reason that OSU commit from St X transferred to Princeton for his senior season (Paris Johnson?).

The counter argument to that is a school like Elder offering college credits. On the broadcast the other night, Assistant Principal Tucker was talking about the Honors Program and apparently there is a junior that will finish this school year with 18 college credits. Now for an athlete, you won't get to enroll early, start learning the system (playbook for football) or get to practice with the team early, but if you can get a semester or more of college credits wrapped up before HS, that's a big advantage.

That is absolutely an advantage. Also the big reason that OSU commit from St X transferred to Princeton for his senior season (Paris Johnson?).

The counter argument to that is a school like Elder offering college credits. On the broadcast the other night, Assistant Principal Tucker was talking about the Honors Program and apparently there is a junior that will finish this school year with 18 college credits. Now for an athlete, you won't get to enroll early, start learning the system (playbook for football) or get to practice with the team early, but if you can get a semester or more of college credits wrapped up before HS, that's a big advantage.

The decision to allow early graduation is up to the Diocese, nothing Elder can do about that.

I wonder if all of those credits will transfer to college.

I wonder if all of those credits will transfer to college.
It depends on how the credits are earned and where you matriculate collegiately. When I was at Elder, I took AP classes in American History, English and Computer Science. I received a 5 on the American History test, a 4 on English and a 3 in Computer Science. At that time, UC was on quarters and my scores translated to credit for US History 101, 102 and 103, English 101 and 102 (which was all I needed for my major) and CS 101. That would have been 18 quarter credit hours.

Also at the time a few upper level classes at Elder counted toward credit at Xavier--if the student's family was willing to pay a very low cost for credit hours. In my case, I got credit for two semesters of US history. I think I could have transferred the credit from XU to UC, but since I already earned credit for those courses at UC via the AP test I didn't mess with it.

If you're an athlete knowing you have a chance to play in college, I'm guessing early graduation is very enticing.

You would think it would also be enticing for kids that are advanced academically.

Another reason to distance yourself from Diocese - the ability to make your own rules in these situations.

If you're an athlete knowing you have a chance to play in college, I'm guessing early graduation is very enticing.

You would think it would also be enticing for kids that are advanced academically.

Another reason to distance yourself from Diocese - the ability to make your own rules in these situations.
Elder CAN'T distance themselves from the Diocese. There is no Elder without the Diocese. This has been mentioned several times.

Elder CAN'T distance themselves from the Diocese. There is no Elder without the Diocese. This has been mentioned several times.

Was it ever determined how/who Set Tuition prices for Archdiocese of Cincinnati High Schools?

Keep PBOY BANNED and OSP is a LIAR!!!!!

Everyone always says "that's the cost of educating a student so they have to charge that much" - I don't buy it.

But I also know the Archdioces will never be transparent about how they come up with their tuition amounts.

People should revolt if they can't give you some detail about how they set tuition costs. It shouldn't be a secret. It's terrible business for it to be a secret.

Who else would you buy from without understanding why their product is so much more expensive?

Everyone always says "that's the cost of educating a student so they have to charge that much" - I don't buy it.

But I also know the Archdioces will never be transparent about how they come up with their tuition amounts.

People should revolt if they can't give you some detail about how they set tuition costs. It shouldn't be a secret. It's terrible business for it to be a secret.

Who else would you buy from without understanding why their product is so much more expensive?
It's not the cost of educating a student though. There are 2 districts in Hamilton County that spend amounts per student that are more than Elder tuition (cost of educating). How is that possible when the number 1 expense of school districts is teacher salary and STRS ? Elder pays their teachers less than the public's and archdiocese retirement is a joke. Where's the cash going?

This is all the Catholic high schools in Cincy since statewide average spending per student is under 10k.

It's not the cost of educating a student though. There are 2 districts in Hamilton County that spend amounts per student that are more than Elder tuition (cost of educating). How is that possible when the number 1 expense of school districts is teacher salary and STRS ? Elder pays their teachers less than the public's and archdiocese retirement is a joke. Where's the cash going?

This is all the Catholic high schools in Cincy since statewide average spending per student is under 10k.

Completely legit question that someone should answer.

I would also argue that someone should provide that answer before you ever write the check. If they refuse to be transparent, then that's a red flag. If it was me, I wouldn't write the check until I got the information. That should be readily available information about the value you are getting from your tuition expense.

If they are funding other things with excess tuition, that should be known, and people should be able to decide if they want to pay for it.

Archdiocese Employees still have to be at least 65 years old to receive Full Retirement Benefits? I was asking about Tuition in general for Cincinnati Archdiocese Catholic High Schools because Cov Cath seems about 5 grand a year cheaper than all of them. Do the Schools get any say on the Tuition #?