Countdown to Ohio HS Football Normalcy

I think by then, the spread of the virus should be low enough that we will not have to wear masks or show vaccine records.

The Pope and I will be bouncing back and forth between the east side wine and cheese tailgates and the west side keggers in the parking lot before ST. X games. Plastic wine glasses and red solo cups... Sweatshirts and jeans, turtlenecks and khakis. Seems so long ago.. I can't wait to make it back to the Northbend Road and watch the defending D1 champions!!!!

I imagine there were no tailgates this season. Week one should have some of the biggest tailgates we've seen in years.

I wonder how much streaming we'll see next year. Some fans might have gravitated to that and might not want to return. Especially for cold or wet weather.
I'm assuming if there are no restrictions on fans attending games next year, OHSAA will go back to no Friday night live streaming. But I could be wrong.

I'm assuming if there are no restrictions on fans attending games next year, OHSAA will go back to no Friday night live streaming. But I could be wrong.
I think it would be interesting for one year to test the theory that televising/streaming the games hurts attendance. I watched some HS sports this year streaming that I rarely have watched in person. It has made me more interested in watching them in person. Might not help football but it would be interesting to test.

I think it would be interesting for one year to test the theory that televising/streaming the games hurts attendance. I watched some HS sports this year streaming that I rarely have watched in person. It has made me more interested in watching them in person. Might not help football but it would be interesting to test.
It (streaming) was a nice option to have knowing that actually going to games were pretty much out. But assuming everything is full steam ahead for next year, I will be back into my routine of 15 weeks of heading to Ohio somewhere every week. And Friday at 3:00 on I-90 heading west. Just the thought of it gets me pumped. This was a tough year for all fans, players, schools, etc... But being that I am a diehard and not committed to 1 school, I enjoy being able to pick each week what is the number 1 game I want to see. And man did I miss that this year.

Shouldn't have to. People that choose to get vaccinated, well they are protected by the vaccine and if you choose not to get vaccine that should certainly be your right because you can't hurt others that chose to get vaccinated. Masks should be optional also. BUT the liberals will probably still cry about something, honestly I'm over all this. Time to get back and HAVE FUN !

237 Days To Go!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Great time for football at the pro and college level. Just have to wait a little longer for HS football in 2021...

I hope we don't go to e-tickets only. I would like the convenience of e-tickets but would still want the option to walk-up and buy a ticket.

Looking forward to the full-service concession stands again. A few places were pre-packaged only. Not even a simple hot dog or popcorn.
Just to walk up and buy a ticket-I guess we were to assume last year that was impossible

178 Days To Go!

12.31% of Ohioans have started their vaccines. 5.63% have completed their vaccines. By football season, we should have sufficient numbers that Covid-19 limitations should be a thing of the past...I hope!

Fauci says we will be wearing masks into 2022, so it looks like this football season won't be normal, if that is true.

Fauci says we will be wearing masks into 2022, so it looks like this football season won't be normal, if that is true.
I think Fauci was saying that in the worst case scenario. Maybe some areas with outbreaks will still have some mask wearing but I find it hard to believe that if the stats get extremely low and vaccinations are almost complete that we will be wearing masks this Summer.

My plans for a mask burning party on July 4th may have to wait if Fauci is right...

I think Fauci was saying that in the worst case scenario. Maybe some areas with outbreaks will still have some mask wearing but I find it hard to believe that if the stats get extremely low and vaccinations are almost complete that we will be wearing masks this Summer.

My plans for a mask burning party on July 4th may have to wait if Fauci is right...
I just posted it, because I heard him say it. But yes, hope he is wrong. Mask burning parties on July 4th. would be great.

Honestly I'm not as concerned about a mask burning party as I am the uncertainty of how many fans will be allowed at HS games. 100% capacity, 50% capacity, 25% capacity, other? That is still an unknown and a big part of the equation for most of us that have no kids playing. And anyone that writes that they know the answer to that is lying. Praying it will be a large percent or even better, 100%. But only time will tell. There should be a countdown for that decision. Problem is, no one knows when that decision will be made.

Honestly I'm not as concerned about a mask burning party as I am the uncertainty of how many fans will be allowed at HS games. 100% capacity, 50% capacity, 25% capacity, other? That is still an unknown and a big part of the equation for most of us that have no kids playing. And anyone that writes that they know the answer to that is lying. Praying it will be a large percent or even better, 100%. But only time will tell. There should be a countdown for that decision. Problem is, no one knows when that decision will be made.
Why would it not be a 100 % Even if the bat virus comes back this fall at some point you have to learn to live with it.

Why would it not be a 100 % Even if the bat virus comes back this fall at some point you have to learn to live with it.
Because we have no idea what the decision makers will do. Nothing is 100% yet. Some schools are still not at 100%. So we will be in a wait and see mode hoping it will be full capacity. It is not a done deal until fall and the season gets closer. That is when we will know for sure. Hope that answers your question.