Countdown to Ohio HS Football Normalcy

I can't wait for that first Friday to see how the attendance is for all of Ohio HS football. Kind of worried that people will have drifted away from HS football because they didn't get to attend any games this year. Hopeful that records will be set as everyone denied entry this year will want to come to that first game. Probably somewhere in between...

I feel for the Winter sports. They were ripped off last year without being able to finish. Now they are having a very rough start as it seems more teams are not playing than the ones that are playing. Seems worse than the football season so far.

Next football season can't come soon enough. Hopefully the Summer will be all clear so we can get ready without any reservations about the upcoming season.

It would be great to see them offer season e-tickets or multi-ticket purchases good for any sporting event at that school.

When tickets were $6 at my school, I would buy a 10 ticket pass for $45. It got me in to all the football games and a few basketball games.

Having the multi-ticket passes sold through e-tickets could help keep the fees down.
What fees?

You will (soon) be able to get a flip phone that IS ”the other kind— if you mean, a “smart phone”—but whether you want to, or not, I would not assume that schools will continue to accommodate you, with paper tickets, just because you don’t want to upgrade your phone.
Nonsense.

I can't wait for that first Friday to see how the attendance is for all of Ohio HS football. Kind of worried that people will have drifted away from HS football because they didn't get to attend any games this year. Hopeful that records will be set as everyone denied entry this year will want to come to that first game. Probably somewhere in between...
I wonder how much streaming we'll see next year. Some fans might have gravitated to that and might not want to return. Especially for cold or wet weather.

I feel for the Winter sports. They were ripped off last year without being able to finish. Now they are having a very rough start as it seems more teams are not playing than the ones that are playing. Seems worse than the football season so far.

Next football season can't come soon enough. Hopefully the Summer will be all clear so we can get ready without any reservations about the upcoming season.
I know. Every time I went to see a football game, I got to see it. To bad there aren't any windows to the gym. LOL!

Reactions: y2h
I wonder how much streaming we'll see next year. Some fans might have gravitated to that and might not want to return. Especially for cold or wet weather.
That is what I will miss the most if they do not continue streaming. I really enjoyed seeing some of the other games of local teams that may not get featured by a big production station. Just watching video with sound can be really exciting even if they don't have any announcers.

The pandemic has brought about some very unfortunate circumstances for all. However, as a community, I’m far more concerned with the things that “we” can control. Things were jacked up long before COVID-19 became an issue and I’m convinced that it’s been here since late summer of 2019.

Even with today’s advances in the medical field, I think that this pandemic would’ve been handled a lot better if happened in the 90’s. Around here, we were a lot more organized as a community from the ground up back then. So much so, the kids who were raised during that time grew up to put a solid/great product on the field. At the top of this century, the Mahoning Valley was literally “Big Ten Country.” Now, most of our best athletes are fighting for scholarships to Ashland, but there’s reasons for that that that go beyond talent.

“Normalcy” left here a while ago. The pandemic is just pouring salt on wounds that we’ve refused to treat. I’d gladly wear a mask for the rest of my life if it meant that the values that made our area what it was, not even 20 years ago, were restored. Sadly, we’d rather make excuses and remain the same. That mentality doesn’t make me optimistic about finding a solution to this pandemic any time soon.

250 Days To Go!

Here is some return to normalcy, the Yappi Pick'em is open:

Couple notes:
1. Home/Away may be wrong but will not be fixed.
2. Games may be changed. Possibility that some games listed will not be played. In that case, I will change the game and make everyone aware of it.
3. Please join now and make your picks. You can change any of your picks up to the actual kickoff. So make your picks now and change them later if you want.

The pandemic has brought about some very unfortunate circumstances for all. However, as a community, I’m far more concerned with the things that “we” can control. Things were jacked up long before COVID-19 became an issue and I’m convinced that it’s been here since late summer of 2019.

Even with today’s advances in the medical field, I think that this pandemic would’ve been handled a lot better if happened in the 90’s. Around here, we were a lot more organized as a community from the ground up back then. So much so, the kids who were raised during that time grew up to put a solid/great product on the field. At the top of this century, the Mahoning Valley was literally “Big Ten Country.” Now, most of our best athletes are fighting for scholarships to Ashland, but there’s reasons for that that that go beyond talent.

“Normalcy” left here a while ago. The pandemic is just pouring salt on wounds that we’ve refused to treat. I’d gladly wear a mask for the rest of my life if it meant that the values that made our area what it was, not even 20 years ago, were restored. Sadly, we’d rather make excuses and remain the same. That mentality doesn’t make me optimistic about finding a solution to this pandemic any time soon.
Sounds like there may be some issues in your neck of the woods. Not sure if we are seeing the same things but I've noticed a similar shift over the same couple of decades. Lots of variables and Covid-19 is just the most recent.

With the vaccine being released today, hopefully this gets us back to regular games alot quicker. I'm hoping that first Friday will have packed stands and no masks. Student sections will be filled and the bands from both teams. Also looking forward to a normal concession stand.

With the vaccine being released today, hopefully this gets us back to regular games alot quicker. I'm hoping that first Friday will have packed stands and no masks. Student sections will be filled and the bands from both teams. Also looking forward to a normal concession stand.
So will you have to show your COVID shot record to get in? That’s what I’m concerned about.