Countdown to Ohio HS Football Normalcy

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
We've had countdown threads in the past but this year deserves a very special countdown to when regular football can begin again.

Please use this thread to discuss what you are looking forward to enjoying again in Ohio HS football that was taken away this year or almost taken away. I'll try to update the countdown each day.

The date I am using is Friday, August 20th, 2021. Yes, there will certainly be games played before that date but this will be the return to normalcy for hopefully all OHSAA teams.

Saturday, November 28th, 2020:

265 Days To Go!

Ahh yes, can't wait. Bleachers packed with people, loud cheering after a big play, not having to wear a face mask just to go to concessions or restroom. Gonna be nice.

Officials are allowed to touch the football and they can get a shower after the game.
Chasing that orange bean bag was a pain in the butt, but we did have showers after every varsity game.

Too often cold showers, but that's a plumbing issue.

Chasing that orange bean bag was a pain in the butt, but we did have showers after every varsity game.

Too often cold showers, but that's a plumbing issue.

Had a couple, as did many of my colleagues, that were forced to come dressed because no locker room was available for the men and women working. Covid was the explanation. (BS explanation)

Basketball is going to be the same way. Some will, some won't.

Do you really think we are going to completely return to the way things were??
Yes? This is something that isn’t going away and we will have to live with it even if we have vaccines. Things will go back to normal.

Do you really think we are going to completely return to the way things were??

yes and no. There will be some things that come out of all this that teams, schools, coaches CHOOSE to do on their own going forward without a mandate or guideline simply because in retrospect it "made sense".

For example. I can see my district not going back to paper tickets but instead keeping with the etickets that were sold this season. etickets create an immediate paper trail for auditing purposes AND as an athletic admin I no longer will have to stay an extra hour after everyone else has gone home with our SRO counting money and then going to the bank after midnight to do the drop off. To some older folks this practice won't be welcomed but younger fans will be fine with us just scanning their smartphone to get in.

Fans, once given the green light, will return en masse...hopefully haha. We got bills to pay!!!

For example. I can see my district not going back to paper tickets but instead keeping with the etickets that were sold this season. etickets create an immediate paper trail for auditing purposes AND as an athletic admin I no longer will have to stay an extra hour after everyone else has gone home with our SRO counting money and then going to the bank after midnight to do the drop off. To some older folks this practice won't be welcomed but younger fans will be fine with us just scanning their smartphone to get in.
But I need those Bob Evans and Pet Supplies Plus coupons! :):)

yes and no. There will be some things that come out of all this that teams, schools, coaches CHOOSE to do on their own going forward without a mandate or guideline simply because in retrospect it "made sense".

Fans, once given the green light, will return en masse...hopefully haha. We got bills to pay!!!

As an athletic administrator— are you able to detail the full cost of fielding a football team (at least in your district/school)— including all of the related costs for facilities maintenance and cleaning (stadium, practice fields, locker rooms, weight rooms, etc.), insurance, coaches salaries, player equipment, game officials, game security personnel, transportation costs, meal costs (if ever provided), lodging costs (if a longer distance road game ever requires that), etc.?

I see it going back to normal, or near normal, for sure, assuming the vaccines become widely available. This is not to say that covid will suddenly disappear-it wont. But with the vaccine in play, I really dont think the politics will support much of a deviation from the norm. If politicians try to shut things down next fall/next winter...it will be political suicide...and rightly so. At some point, we all just need to learn to live with the virus.

Reactions: y2h
I hope we don't go to e-tickets only. I would like the convenience of e-tickets but would still want the option to walk-up and buy a ticket.

Looking forward to the full-service concession stands again. A few places were pre-packaged only. Not even a simple hot dog or popcorn.

I have a flip phone and will never get the other kind. No eticket for me.
You will (soon) be able to get a flip phone that IS ”the other kind— if you mean, a “smart phone”—but whether you want to, or not, I would not assume that schools will continue to accommodate you, with paper tickets, just because you don’t want to upgrade your phone.

You will (soon) be able to get a flip phone that IS ”the other kind— if you mean, a “smart phone”—but whether you want to, or not, I would not assume that schools will continue to accommodate you, with paper tickets, just because you don’t want to upgrade your phone.
E tix not happening in Mercer Co. any time soon.

E tix not happening in Mercer Co. any time soon.
I believe that Mercer County teams are pretty vocal about their regular presence in Ohio state HS football playoffs— this year, THOSE tickets were ALL electronic, in my experience— you would NOT have had a choice, if you wanted to go (and were able to get a ticket), this year.

I believe that Mercer County teams are pretty vocal about their regular presence in Ohio state HS football playoffs— this year, THOSE tickets were ALL electronic, in my experience.
You don't think the state is going to sell tix at the gate ? Be losing out on a lot of tix sales .

I think you'll see both e-tickets and walk up paper tickets. E-tickets will be used for mostly presale, but I don't see schools turning people away at the gate because they don't have an e-ticket. That would just be bad business.

It would be great to see them offer season e-tickets or multi-ticket purchases good for any sporting event at that school.

When tickets were $6 at my school, I would buy a 10 ticket pass for $45. It got me in to all the football games and a few basketball games.

Having the multi-ticket passes sold through e-tickets could help keep the fees down.

This is nothing political. But Fauci also said there wouldn't be a vaccine till mid to late 2021 at the earliest. And 2 vaccines will be coming out in 2-3 weeks.

This is nothing political. But Fauci also said there wouldn't be a vaccine till mid to late 2021 at the earliest. And 2 vaccines will be coming out in 2-3 weeks.
I admit Fauci has been all over the place with his comments. Wearing masks, and vaccines, are totally separate things though

10 Regular season games 5 playoff games with semi finals being over thanksgiving weekend and state finals week after.

I admit Fauci has been all over the place with his comments. Wearing masks, and vaccines, are totally separate things though

Yes and no. Masks were the preplanned conditioning for the vaccine, which was likely created before this so called “pandemic”. Masks have always been about compliance and not safety.

They're different obviously in that the vaccine will completely harm your body...your DNA, your immune system, your brain just for starters. Based on your posts though I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know.