Could Federal League Put 3 teams in Regionals???

WhatsupDoc

I see McKinley is in a District Final, Hoover plays Hoban in another District Final and Green Plays Glen Oak in another District final. At least one Federal League team will be in regionals.

I think Hoover has a Great chance to beat Hoban. I think Hoover picked to be in Hoban's district. They must think Hoban is the weakest of the highest seeds.

I'm not sure about who McKinley plays.
Hoover is playing really good right now. It will be interesting to see who comes out of the region.
Good Luck to all the teams. Glad they are playing

McKinley is really playing some good basketball right now. They will be taking on Stow - who obviously is always good and has had another outstanding season this winter. I would say that Stow is the favorite in this game - but it is in that "toss-up" category.

If Hoover did pick Hoban's district - they did so because Hoover smacked Hoban in a pre-season scrimmage. Now - that was almost 4 months ago and Hoban had a lot of figuring out to do with all of their new players. They are playing much better basketball right now - especially since their come from behind win at the Classic in the Country against Sheridan.

Green has been a great story during their tournament run - to this point. It would be a pretty big upset if they can beat GlenOak in the district final.

The Federal League deserves all of the respect that it gets across the state - it's competitive every night. There are plenty of studs and also some very good basketball coaches.

I think that this is a great example of why the NE Board is doing the right thing with the blended districts - let's get the best teams to regionals! It shouldn't matter if they are from the same league or area. I would like them to combine all 6 districts in the future and really make things interesting - you could see even more Federal League teams playing farther in the tournament if that were to happen.

Sounds like Hoover could Smack Hoban around again. Although a 1 point victory is as good as a 30 point win right now.

Wow you all are showing your Orange and Black bias... glad people are thinking it'll be an easy win for Hoover :)

I think the McKinley girls won tonight but don't know the final score

McKinley won 48-39. Hoban beat Hoover....I think by 12-15 points. GlenOak beat Green 46-38. Medina beat Medina Highland.

So, McKInley plays Hoban and GlenOak plays Medina in the Regional semi-finals.

McKinley gave it a great effort, but both Foster and Terrell picked up their 4th foul late in the 3rd. That gave Hoban the chance to take the lead and hang onto it through the 4th. Hoban by 5-7 points.

Why does it seem like in games like this even in the past years the McKinley girls always seem to be in foul trouble?

In fairness, there was a lot of foul trouble both ways in that game. It just had a more obvious effect on McK because of depth.