CoronaVirus

Is it too much to ask for consistent 60 degree days in mid April? The constant fluctuation of the weather at this point in the yr just adds to the irritation.

Is it too much to ask for consistent 60 degree days in mid April? The constant fluctuation of the weather at this point in the yr just adds to the irritation.
Spring brings seasonal allergies, so the cold can stay as long as it wants imo.

Spring brings seasonal allergies, so the cold can stay as long as it wants imo.
I’m allergic to pollen, so I know how bad it can be. However, I’d rather have the allergies and warm weather than it just be cold all the time. With the gyms closed, I’ve been running and I do not like running in cold weather.

I’m allergic to pollen, so I know how bad it can be. However, I’d rather have the allergies and warm weather than it just be cold all the time. With the gyms closed, I’ve been running and I do not like running in cold weather.

2 inches overnight here, but melting quickly in the sun. 1-3 starting tomorrow afternoon.

I've grown weary of articles predicting doom and gloom and how we're not going to be able to go out in public until 2021, just as I have grown weary of the pooh-poohers who claim that this is doing no more damage than the flu. However, it seems inevitable that, sooner than later, society will be opened up and regulations a bit relaxed. Today, I read this article, which might be the easiest to understand how we might function and still stay comparatively safe. It's practical and not hysterical, yet serious.

I've grown weary of articles predicting doom and gloom and how we're not going to be able to go out in public until 2021, just as I have grown weary of the pooh-poohers who claim that this is doing no more damage than the flu. However, it seems inevitable that, sooner than later, society will be opened up and regulations a bit relaxed. Today, I read this article, which might be the easiest to understand how we might function and still stay comparatively safe. It's practical and not hysterical, yet serious.

Whereas these people are idiots -

The Schleprock media bombast will cause suicides. If there is a place to apply the "even if it saves one life" school of thought, it should be in CNN's production meetings. The politicized gloom campaigns in media are pathetic. They cheer failure as Bill Maher did.

2 inches overnight here, but melting quickly in the sun. 1-3 starting tomorrow afternoon.
Yeah, f that. I actually start getting more anxious when the weather sucks. It’s bad enough to be stuck inside 90% of the day, but now even in spring, it’s too cold to do anything. It’s adding insult to injury, just give us this one f’n thing.

Whereas these people are idiots -

The Schleprock media bombast will cause suicides. If there is a place to apply the "even if it saves one life" school of thought, it should be in CNN's production meetings. The politicized gloom campaigns in media are pathetic. They cheer failure as Bill Maher did.
What bothers me is that’s the absolute worst case scenario, but the headline is written like it’s a good possibility. This is what people are talking about when they say the media pushes fear. It would be more realistic to say “Virus unlikely to last past 2022”, but that doesn’t grab anyone’s attention.

The media purveyors of panic are just as reprehensible as these purveyors of " hoax."

Unfortunately, the cable news has become a wing of political idealism, and the public, never known for its wisdom, has latched onto the lies and propaganda they hear, and have watched and listened to politically motivated coverage. I long for the days when something as serious as this was covered with actual facts, not sensationalism, but that's the world today. So many are totally confused. Of course, this is something disease very new, but we are not served at all by those who say, " We will be locked down until 2023," just as we are not served by those who say," The virus is a hoax, designed to bring down Trump." One thing this pandemic has shown is that one cannot believe those who are supposed to relate the truth. That's a real shame. I put much more confidence in science than I do in talking heads or political hacks who are concerned only with getting into or staying in office. So, when it comes to criticism of the media, I say," A pox on both your houses."

I think he over thinks things. Puts a lot of thought into posts but they often miss the point, make little sense, or gets hung up on weird minor details and over thinks them into a web of confusion. I like him though and I am just messing with him light heartedly ;)

Hardly ever agree with him, mostly bc i just dont understand him and his posts, but he is always respectful and does put a lot of thought into them. Might just be one of those people where I am not on the same wave length as him, which happens often bc I am weird as sh1t.

But i am glad I am not the only person routinely confused

How can anyone still have any confidence that this administration had any idea as to the best way to respond to the pandemic? What makes anyone think they know now?

eastisbest said:
I can count to one, lol. Two if you want to include how strict they're being on the boating but they're in more desperate straites and their enforcement more strained than ours so, not judging.
Still not judging?

Nope, what they (michigan) are doing seems to be working better than those not doing. We don't have Detroit. They do. And being on their doorstep, I'm fine with their shut-down. Has something changed you think I could reevaluate?

East will make a 2000 word essay where he will have some convoluted response where nobody really understands what he says. ;)

and trivial attemps to put people on the defensive are still trivial. If you can't keep up, read cabbageheads 2000 googled replies ;) instead of one comprehensive post.

Nope, what they (michigan) are doing seems to be working better than those not doing. We don't have Detroit. They do. And being on their doorstep, I'm fine with their shut-down. Has something changed you think I could reevaluate?

She is an idiot, got called out, and was forced to change course here. Lady is a c u next tuesday

How can anyone still have any confidence that this administration had any idea as to the best way to respond to the pandemic? What makes anyone think they know now?

Neither side is fit to lead. Thats a fact