Corey Kiner (Roger Bacon) Commits to LSU

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1589237337140.png

lol they have the #1 and #5 ranked RBs committed in the class. Kiner, while talented is ranked #10 at the position. Huge blow lol

This. As an Ohio guy would love to have all 3 but 2 in the national top 10 is a huge score for any class. Don't forget we got Miyan Williams from Winton Woods coming this year also. There is only 1 football and not sure I'd trade any of them. Kiner is a special back too, and LSU is LSU. They will only be hotter for Ohio players now after Burrows.

Good choice for him and hope he does well there. Can't believe all the locals in Cincy that are questioning his decision to go there vs UC. Pretty easy choice for most kids until UC gets into a real conference.

Good choice for him and hope he does well there. Can't believe all the locals in Cincy that are questioning his decision to go there vs UC. Pretty easy choice for most kids until UC gets into a real conference.

I would have liked to see him sporting the red and black, but you are 100% correct.

Since I mentioned Miyan Williams before and now I am curious, can a non-biased area fan give a thoughtful comparison to him also?

Correct. Like Burrow said about why he transferred to LSU instead of UC. UC has no real shot at playing for National Championship and that’s every kids dream. Congratulations to Kiner.

This is awesome. Great for him.

I imagine the least happy person is Mark Stoops. UK was hoping to continue to quietly mine Ohio for ballers to compete in the SEC like he did with Lynn Bowden (20+ Ohio players on their roster last year). This only attracts more attention to the quality of players here. Well, except for Jim Harbaugh, he seems to be a little oblivious to that fact.

Since I mentioned Miyan Williams before and now I am curious, can a non-biased area fan give a thoughtful comparison to him also?

#1 He is a GREAT young man. I know him off the field and he is a high character kid.

#2 I see him more as a Beanie Wells type back. Thick as heck in the lower body and strong, doesn't have great break away speed but will get you tough yards. Wasn't used much as a receiving back at WW so can't really speak on his hands.

-What happened is the Buckeyes had a RB or maybe 2 that jumped ship in the '20 class and Miyan was a home grown product on their radar who they were able to easily flip from Iowa State. It will be interesting to see how the Buckeyes use him but he's a hard worker who I think will rise to the challenge.

Not a Cincy-area guy, but Kiner is the more complete back of the two. Williams fits the mold of a more traditional Big Ten power back. One-cut guy who gets N-S quickly and embraces the contact. Kiner's film shows a guy with much more lateral agility. Can catch out of the backfield. Superb balance. Good game speed in the open field. I think he looks very similar to the LSU back that was drafted by the Chiefs this year.

I have to say I was a little surprised with the Kiner to LSU commitment, I actually though L-Ville would be a good destination for him.

There is no doubt this young man is a high level talent in the '21 class but on film just didn't see him with the top end speed you often see in the SEC (Kiner ran a +4.7 at a camp on record). With that being said a number of 513 boys have made the jump to the SEC and had remarkable success, as mentioned before.

It doesn't look like Kiner got a chance to visit LSU either, regardless of their national title/national presence, that always worries me. Unfortunately that seems to be the growing trend among these "Corona" Commits.

Thanks for the insights. Both looked equally spectacular in highlights that's why I asked.

On film, I don't see Beanie Wells in either one, that is a stretch. Given their sizes seem more like Mike Weber to a potential JK Dobbins range, imo. Who aside from him OSU hasn't been that impressive in recent years imo despite 4 star ratings. Personally I don't think you go wrong taking the best back in Ohio every year. They overthink themselves at times, at least at that position. The 2 we're getting next year are 5 stars. We'll see.

Good luck Corey. The last Cincinnati running back to play for LSU had a nice career at LSU and in the NFL.

Not a Cincy-area guy, but Kiner is the more complete back of the two. Williams fits the mold of a more traditional Big Ten power back. One-cut guy who gets N-S quickly and embraces the contact. Kiner's film shows a guy with much more lateral agility. Can catch out of the backfield. Superb balance. Good game speed in the open field. I think he looks very similar to the LSU back that was drafted by the Chiefs this year.

Look at they schedules.
How do Miyan do vs the MVC? Could Kiner get the same yards vs Elder and LaSalle he get vs West Hi an Woodward?

Also look at their offensive lines. To say Miyan had a better line is a huge understatement.

Great point. Bacon probably has several sub 200 lb linemen, and even the bigger linemen possibly play both ways.

Something tells me that if things don't work out for Kiner in Baton Rogue he'd be welcomed back to Clifton with open arms.

This is awesome. Great for him.

I imagine the least happy person is Mark Stoops. UK was hoping to continue to quietly mine Ohio for ballers to compete in the SEC like he did with Lynn Bowden (20+ Ohio players on their roster last year). This only attracts more attention to the quality of players here. Well, except for Jim Harbaugh, he seems to be a little oblivious to that fact.

How's Harlan High lookin' this year? Any players for Stoops to check out?

I've seen him play a few times over the past couple of years. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented. What scares me is that he hasn't played much real competition. I hope nothing but the best for him, but I think it would be interesting to see him play an Elder or La Salle