Copley High School removes Mark Dente as boys, girls basketball coach

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The Copley-Fairlawn school district notified families Friday that Mark Dente is no longer the coach of Copley High School's boys and girls basketball programs.

In the email, obtained by the Akron Beacon Journal, Copley Athletic Director Andy Jalwan doesn't explain Dente's sudden departure. District officials couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

oh my......that guy is named in a lot....LOT of lawsuits........
Don’t know the whole truth. Sounds bad. These school districts have gotten off Scott free from many firing/ non renewal’s that lawsuits are going to be more and more. It’s going to get somewhat ugly going forward more and more. Contract’s or No contracts Many schools are going to be more accountable in their hiring and firing process. New world.

My sources are saying he owes a LOT of people money. These are the first of many lawsuits to be filed in the coming days/weeks/months. From my understanding of the situation he is known as the Fairlawn Bernie Madoff.

My sources are saying he owes a LOT of people money. These are the first of many lawsuits to be filed in the coming days/weeks/months. From my understanding of the situation he is known as the Fairlawn Bernie Madoff.
Court records sure seem to back that up. He has cases going back YEARS. Wonder why no one raised any issues with the school before now?

The issues aren't with the school ... this was done through his personal business dealings ... when the school caught wind of the legal problems they let him go !
Time will tell on that. I'm sure there's been some level of involvement. Like, for example, how did he acquire the scoreboard for the basketball court at his house? Just one example.

The issues aren't with the school ... this was done through his personal business dealings ... when the school caught wind of the legal problems they let him go !
That’s what I’m saying, I’m surprised it took the school this long to “catch wind” when some of these lawsuits are rather old.

Time will tell on that. I'm sure there's been some level of involvement. Like, for example, how did he acquire the scoreboard for the basketball court at his house? Just one example.
You sound pretty close to the situation...looking like that house will have to be sold, along with his newly renovated Potage Lakes house. Pretty nice if you ask me, but sounds like his investors were the ones who paid for it not him.

That’s what I’m saying, I’m surprised it took the school this long to “catch wind” when some of these lawsuits are rather old.
Right normally schools vet this type of stuff out, with the civil cases dating back before 2000 you would think they would've walked a tight rope in hiring him for both boys and girls.

Expect his wife to get a quick divorce and get the majority of their assets for herself and the children. He’ll use the remaining for his defense. There will be nothing left for the investors who lost thousands. I’ve seen the scenario before.

Expect his wife to get a quick divorce and get the majority of their assets for herself and the children. He’ll use the remaining for his defense. There will be nothing left for the investors who lost thousands. I’ve seen the scenario before.
Yeah, that's part of the scam to shield misbegotten assets from the creditors. And, she of course will have had NO idea that any of this was transpiring. Whether she or she didn't, I don't see the justice in protecting his family at the expense of the retirees and other hard-working people who he scammed money from.

If he did scam money then I hope it ruins him and he serves time for it. As for coaching, he obviously didn't need the money and did it for the love of the game. To put that kind of dedication into it (which he did) says a lot about him as a person. I know for a fact that a lot of shoes, warm ups etc. came out of his own pocket (or otherwise). Either way it did not come from school funds.

Once the lawsuit is filed those actions are much harder to complete. Had they divorced last year and set everything in her name it would have been possible.

Allegedly a lot of teachers from a lot of school districts were caught up in this type of "investment"

They will lose all their money and owe on debts. What a sad sad sad situation!! Hearing it will only get worse

Once the lawsuit is filed those actions are much harder to complete. Had they divorced last year and set everything in her name it would have been possible.
I really don't know the ins and outs of that area of law, and the rules very likely could have changed, but Akron had a similar case about 20-25 years ago that garnered a lot of attention. And, in that case, right after the charges were filed, the wife filed a divorce with a Separation Agreement in place, where the husband deeded everything over to her. And, if I recall correctly, she got to keep a large portion of the assets.

I really don't know the ins and outs of that area of law, and the rules very likely could have changed, but Akron had a similar case about 20-25 years ago that garnered a lot of attention. And, in that case, right after the charges were filed, the wife filed a divorce with a Separation Agreement in place, where the husband deeded everything over to her. And, if I recall correctly, she got to keep a large portion of the assets.
You are correct that every case can be different. A lawsuit can be filed against a business and some actions taken to protect personal property. It can be different if you are the president of a company versus being the sole owner. It appears that in this case the individual is listed in the suit as the individual as well as the business.

His kid who holds a real estate license is involved as well since his name is on the lawsuits ..... he used hi as his realtor ???